Thread: AT&T microcell with straightalk

Carriers
    Straightalk
    Feedback Score

AT&T microcell with straightalk

I just purchased a Straightalk e71. My work has a microcell and I was able to register my phone number. I turned my phone off and on and saw the signal strength go from nothing to all bars with 3g. It now says "roam" (instead of "home") when I'm connected to the microcell but it works great. I am now able to place and receive calls through the microcell. I looked through the TOS and it does say that GSM phones may roam. I don't read anything that says that this violates TOS. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    It probably depends on if ST receives an unexpected bill for the roaming.

Phones
    iPhone 4S 16GB
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Carriers
    StraightTalk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    It may say ROAM but its roaming on their parent companies cell site (be in microcell or otherwise) Its still using ATT service anyway you look at it.
    iPhone 4 running on StraightTalk Wireless 3G (AT&T MVNO)

Time Warner Cable (Home ISP)
    [/URL]

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    any info on obtaining a used one or thru ATT? Do they have to be used thru ATT microcell only? How much is the service etc.?

Phones
    Apple iPhone 5
    iPad WiFi + Cellular (3rd Gen)
    FreedomPop Photon
    Carriers
    Verizon (iPhone/iPad LTE)
    FreedomPop (Clear MVNO)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ddavis7426 View Post
    any info on obtaining a used one or thru ATT? Do they have to be used thru ATT microcell only? How much is the service etc.?
    A MicroCell can only be used with a postpaid at&t Mobility account (for registration and tracking purposes). Maybe a friend with at&t Mobility can help you out if need be (to associate a MicroCell with), but that's about it. Then your phone number has to be put in the M-Cell's 'authorized numbers' to work.

You're looking at least $100 buying used, $200 in-store new.

MicroCell use is free currently (at&t users can buy a unlimited M-Cell calling plan in addition).

Feedback Score
    Is this still working? I want to use a microcell on my StraightTalk since I get crappy service at my house. Is it possible to use it with Straighttalk still? Anyone else using this setup? Thanks!

Carriers
    Straightalk
    Feedback Score
    I still use it at work. Our company uses AT&T phones and my straightalk number is in the microcell. It works great. I don't know if you will need to have an AT&T number to get the microcell activated.

Camp Jupiter( you would know if you were die hard rick roiden fan like me)
    Phones
    iphone4
    IPHONE4
    Carrier
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    ive been using for six months or more, barley had one bar in my house without the micro-cell, now with i have 6 , loving it, but i had to have my neice put the microcell on her att acount to add my numbers and i belive the 1 time fee of adding was 36.00 around or about.
    DON'T JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER......because If your not careful the cover might come back and haunt you...xD

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9650
    Motorola Q9 Global (retired after three years)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by caviler2 View Post
    ive been using for six months or more, barley had one bar in my house without the micro-cell, now with i have 6 , loving it, but i had to have my neice put the microcell on her att acount to add my numbers and i belive the 1 time fee of adding was 36.00 around or about.
    I don't think there is a fee to add a microcell to your account. I haven't herd of AT&T doing this though.
    1,000 posts 2:52 p.m March 11th, 2007
    2,000 posts 8:24 a.m February 24th, 2008

Feedback Score

Straight Talk with MicroCell

This must only work with the business version of the Microcell? I have the home version and when I try to add my Straight Talk phone number to it, I get an error that it is not a Valid AT&T SIM card in the phone.
    If anyone has a way to make it work, I would love to hear it.
    Last edited by rhunley; 09-13-2011 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Bad Title

Feedback Score
    It has to be a 3g straighttalk phone to work with microcell. Yes I also got the invalid message. 90 minutes later I had the full microcell signal.

Feedback Score
    i posted this in another thread but wanted to c/p it here too. if thats not allowed sorry...

Just got a used microcell on craigslist. I had to use my parents wireless att account to activate it and told them that the micro cell is going to be at work since the microcell has gps to let them know where its located. After the device was activated both my wife's and my straight talk phones connected after a restart and signal is great.

FYI the device was still associated with the owners account. I gave att his number and they called him to verify the device was sold. If you are getting a device on craigslist or ebay just make sure to call and get the device deactivated before you get it so there are no issues.

But for all that want to know i have an iPhone 4 and 3GS on ST with a micro cell working connected to an active att wireless account. so make sure you have someone to activate it and add your number that has an att wireless account.