Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: iPhone 4 on Page Plus Possibility?

Phones
    iPhone 5, Iridium 9555
    iPhone 5S 64GB Gold Verizon
    Iridium 9555
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Iridium
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

iPhone 4 on Page Plus Possibility?

With all the rumors about the release of a Verizon iPhone coming soon, has anyone thought about putting one on Page Plus assuming the rumors are true? I'm really contemplating giving it a try. Was wondering if there are others with the same mindset?

Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    if it works on vzw i dont see why it wont work on pp...

Phone
    Motorola Razr V3M
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Simple Moble
    Feedback Score
    Until the Verizon iPhone becomes reality...there's no need to speculate. And this should stay in the rumor thread.
    Living life on the edge!
    ==But then I have no life==

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Supposedly a big Verizon announcement on the 11th.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    i don't think apple is going to allow this. They are going to have pretty strict agreements with VZWs, it isn't like any other handset maker releasing a phone on carrier. Apple gets a lot of say in the equation. Allowing the iPhone to be used on a pre-paid carrier only cheapens Apple and what they are all about. I would predict a Blackberry style ban on this device from being activated on pre-paid.

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Well, you can use an iPhone on T-Mobile prepaid or postpaid, so why not on PagePlus? Granted, you have to jailbreak the iPhone first, but that should take the hackers about two days, once a Verizon iPhone is released. Since PP is an MNVO of Verizon, it may not even need to be jail broken. I agree that Verizon " could" block iPhones from the MNVOs like PP, but how many people will actually be trying to put a new iPhone on PP anyway? I think the number of people who will be willing to pay full price for an iPhone to put it on PP plus will be so small that Verizon may not bother. But, who knows?

Feedback Score
    You will probably get to buy an unlocked CDMA phone straight from apple on launch day. Wether or not serial # will go thru the PP activation, we will have to wait for.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Iphone Cdma type on Verizon will eventually come out. The Wall Street Journal reported it but even a big news source like that isn't perfect. It will come out when it comes out and when it does someone will put it on Page Plus/Verizon mvno and we will know here first whether it works or not. Till then, we all just have to stay tuned...

Carriers
    ATT,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by luckystreich View Post
    i don't think apple is going to allow this. Apple gets a lot of say in the equation. Allowing the iPhone to be used on a pre-paid carrier only cheapens Apple and what they are all about. I would predict a Blackberry style ban on this device from being activated on pre-paid.
    And you base this opinion on what?

Apple allowed the first few iterations of the iPhone on ATT prepaid. I don't know what the status is today but as recently as last year it was still going on to some degree. So depending on whichever side that partial change happened on (att or Apple) there's no reason why it would be impossible or even unlikely that a CDMA iPhone could be used on VZ prepaid or MVNOs.

And yeah, this belongs in the rumor thread.

Feedback Score
    What really is so exciting about the iPhone? Official word is that some sort of announcement will be made on Tues, Jan 11, but nobody can disclose what the announcement is about. There's lots of rumors, speculation and even some Verizon employees pretending to know more than what they do.

Okay, we know the iPhone works with AT&T but that's the GSM version, Verizon will need a cdma version which has never been tried before. Companies like Verizon have been know to focus on building their network while releasing crappy phones. It seems like we forget quickly, how many people purchased a blackberry pearl only to end up hating the phone? How many purchased a windows mobile device only to have to wait months for the updates to be released so the phone would work properly. Anyone notice that Verizon had the Palm Pre Plus for a short time, then it was discontinued?

I really think we should wait until the iPhone is released on Verizon, then discuss the phone. Also we don't know if Verizon's version would be 3g or 4g. If it's 4g, would you really want to put it on page plus with limited, very limited 3g data? There is also a rumor that apple might require a contract of it's own in additon to any contract required by Verizon. This is because Apple gets a cut from every iPhone sold and Verizon pulls back the commission when someone breaks a contract, so be sure to take a magnifying glass if necessary, read the fine print yourself and ask questions before making a purchase.

Please, if anyone must run out and be the first in line to buy an iPhone, be sure to post your report on the phone so the rest of us don't rush out and waste our money.

Feedback Score
    Here is the press invite that was supposed to have been kept quiet.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/gadgetrevi...nuary-11/21378

read it carefully!

Phone
    Droid Incredible 2, LG 8370, LG 225
    Carrier
    PagePlus, STi Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I'm considering doing this, but want to see info from others here who get it done. I have a Droid on PagePlus, and while it works because of having WiFi - except that I can't upgrade the Android version - I don't really like this style of phone. What I love most about it is the camera. As far as phones, though, I think I prefer a high-end non-smartphone. But I would like to see what an iPhone is like, and I would never consider that on AT&T and would never contract with any cell provider. Also wonder what this Verizon iPhone will cost. I generally buy my phones new on eBay.
    ~Au Contrarienne~

Feedback Score
    I have a feeling that we'll be talking at least $500 on eBay for a Verizon iPhone.

Phones
    iPhone 5, Iridium 9555
    iPhone 5S 64GB Gold Verizon
    Iridium 9555
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Iridium
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Contrarienne View Post
    Yes, I'm considering doing this, but want to see info from others here who get it done. I have a Droid on PagePlus, and while it works because of having WiFi - except that I can't upgrade the Android version - I don't really like this style of phone. What I love most about it is the camera. As far as phones, though, I think I prefer a high-end non-smartphone. But I would like to see what an iPhone is like, and I would never consider that on AT&T and would never contract with any cell provider. Also wonder what this Verizon iPhone will cost. I generally buy my phones new on eBay.
    We'll find out one way or another tomorrow. Assuming the phone is announced tomorrow I would guess the full retail price is $699 plus tax (based on your location). I don't see it being priced higher than the AT&T version. If this phone exists I'll buy it and try activating on Page Plus. If I failed then I'll simply return it. Worst case scenario I'll lose the 10% restocking fee if applicable.

Phone
    Droid Incredible 2, LG 8370, LG 225
    Carrier
    PagePlus, STi Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I look forward to your updates, t6821hn. I wouldn't pay a price like that, though. I don't think I paid sales tax on any of our cell phones I got at eBay (3 of them). I'd looked at the Droid at BestBuy, but not only was the price higher, the tax was 8.25%.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast