Thread: Phone disconnected but internet 3G still works

Phones
    Sony T637
    Motorolla V551
    Carrier
    ATW
    Feedback Score

Phone disconnected but internet 3G still works

Here is a strange scenario, I'd transferred my HTC Eris to Incredible for about 4 months now and I just took out the Eris out try to jailbreak PS3 I've received over Xmas, to my surprise, the internet is still working using 3G. Is this possible? Maybe this is a reason I've never get charge using internet on the Eris while I was on PP. I've never have to turn off the 3G while I was using the Eris but now I am on Incredible, I only turn on Mobile network when I have to to avoid over my 50MB limit. I was going to sell the Eris but if I get free internet, I just might want to keep it and find a good VOIP application to use it for free. Of course might as well use it as hotspot for my wireless

Phones
    Droid 2 / Palm Centro Back Up
    Sprint MetroBerry 8530 Test Phone
    PPlackBerry 8703e Test Phone
    Carriers
    Verizon / Page Plus
    H2O / Simple Mobile / Airvoice
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sangleweb View Post
    Here is a strange scenario, I'd transferred my HTC Eris to Incredible for about 4 months now and I just took out the Eris out try to jailbreak PS3 I've received over Xmas, to my surprise, the internet is still working using 3G. Is this possible? Maybe this is a reason I've never get charge using internet on the Eris while I was on PP. I've never have to turn off the 3G while I was using the Eris but now I am on Incredible, I only turn on Mobile network when I have to to avoid over my 50MB limit. I was going to sell the Eris but if I get free internet, I just might want to keep it and find a good VOIP application to use it for free. Of course might as well use it as hotspot for my wireless
    and your sure you werent using it on your wifi at home if you have it?
    ~Mark

I'm a CDMA Guru are you? www . cdmagurus . com

Phones
    Sony T637
    Motorolla V551
    Carrier
    ATW
    Feedback Score
    I even turned off my wifi and still be able to surf, I don't know why while I was on PP with the eris, my data never go below 50MB like I never use it. I never turn it off, to prove that I do have internet, I even tether the phone and it works just fine. Go figure :-).

Phones
    CDMA: Droid X2, Droid Incredible
    GSM: Nexus 4, iPhone 4, 3G
    Carrier
    T-mobile PagePlus Lycamobile GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Was the phone active on another account before you put it on PP? VZW may still think it's on the other account.

Phones
    Sony T637
    Motorolla V551
    Carrier
    ATW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slohasley View Post
    Was the phone active on another account before you put it on PP? VZW may still think it's on the other account.
    Not sure, I bought it from Craigslist and I did called VZW to verify the ESN before it was purchased. I activated on PP without any issue. Maybe I am just lucky to have this phone, I was planning to sell it but now I'll just keep it to use tethering from my labtop. The only thing I can think of is the phone probably belong to VZW store because I bought it without the back battery cover.

Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Still working good?

Maybe it was a demo phone for the store and there is some glitch?

I'd ask less questions if I were you, lol
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Feedback Score

3g but no cell service

Something is going on here. I have a Droid x and I switched my number to another device. But I am still getting 3g service on my phone but I can't make calls. This is very strange. I wonder how this is possible?

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2, Motorola Droid X, Nokia Lumia 520
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; Droid Build/FRF84B) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote Originally Posted by regena2010
    Something is going on here. I have a Droid x and I switched my number to another device. But I am still getting 3g service on my phone but I can't make calls. This is very strange. I wonder how this is possible?
    I'm starting to wonder if Page Plus is quietly changing their billing system so that your account number is no longer the same as your phone number? Maybe making it easier for people to change or port in a number without losing their remaining minutes/text/data or $ balance?

Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by slyphoxj View Post

I'm starting to wonder if Page Plus is quietly changing their billing system so that your account number is no longer the same as your phone number? Maybe making it easier for people to change or port in a number without losing their remaining minutes/text/data or $ balance?
    Not true. The system was recently improved. Here's the info:

Phone Number Change Now Retains Monthly Plan

Page Plus customers on a monthly Talk n Text plan who want to change their phone number are now able to do so without interruption to their plan.

A Mobile Device Number (MDN) change on a Talk n Text plan previously resulted in the loss of the remaining buckets of minutes/messages/data for the current month, and a new Talk n Text PIN had to be applied to reinstate the plan. System improvements now allow the MDN change to take place without an interruption to the current monthly plan - all remaining buckets will carry over to the new number.

Carriers
    Cricket GSM (this month)
    Feedback Score
    Where do I get one of these phones that has free internet?
    My smartphone is a lot smarter than I am.

Phones
    Sony T637
    Motorolla V551
    Carrier
    ATW
    Feedback Score
    It was working great until the last Verizon outage and I think they reset the account and it is no longer working.

Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I think it just depends on the phone, and maybe even having something to do with whether or not the phone once had a Verizon or Alltel unlimited data plan.

The first couple of years I used Page Plus I used my old Motorola Q, and could use as much data as I wanted, and my balance never went much below 45MB (in the days when TNT1200 came with 50MB). The only time data got counted was when I sent an MMS message.

My old Q was stolen and I replaced it with a Palm Pixi Plus, which I bought brand new. Since I activated the Pixi it deducts data from my balance every time I use it.

Feedback Score
    I've got a Droid X bought from Craigslist on standard plan - never even turned on the data. Now you've all got me curious to try a little data to see if I can get me some free 3G.

Feedback Score
    hi im new to this page but i just made a account because i have a boost-mobile galaxy s2 and i was on the 50$ plain i stop paying for it for like 2 month because im going to T-mobile today i was playing with it and the 3g internet still works i cant call people people cant call me i cant send text the service is cut off and the 4g don't work but the 3g still works i found out that it was working because people sent me emails and out of no were my phone started making noise so i look at it and found out that the 3g still works so right now im taking advantage of it with voice over ip and Pandora and all the other apps that works good with 3g
    and NO its not connected to my wifi i turn off the wifi and when i found out it was working i was about 3 towns away from my house and i know its 3g because its super slow lol and on my phone the 3g light is on blinking green and orange saying its working i can be out side away from my house wifi and it still works.

Feedback Score
    <whisper> shhhhh - don't tell anyone <whisper>