Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Calls made from Straight Talk using AT&T towers, to AT&T goPhone. Does it cost 10cent

Feedback Score

Calls made from Straight Talk using AT&T towers, to AT&T goPhone. Does it cost 10cent

I am thinking of getting a Straight Talk phone with a "G" model. I was told the "G" at the end of the model number means it uses AT&T towers.
    If I were to call my friends with the ST phone using AT&T towers, and my friends are using AT&T goPhone $1 per day plan, will it cost them extra $0.10 to answer my call?
    See, when using AT&T to call AT&T, the goPhone users don't get charged the extra $0.10. So, I was wondering if Straight Talk on AT&T towers will behave the same way or not.
    If anyone's got a Straight Talk phone and is willing to make a test call to my GoPhone, please PM me.

Phone
    iPhone 5c
    Carrier
    GoPhone(Me)/Cricket(Gf)
    Feedback Score
    If you are using AT&T towers and have an AT&T based Straight Talk phone with an AT&T phone number than it will count as mobile to mobile calling for AT&T customers. Just because you have a GSM phone doesn't necessarily mean its using AT&T. Some of the GSM phones are T-mobile based and will not count as mobile to mobile with AT&T. Most likely you are using AT&T and will be fine but its not 100%. Where I live our GSM Straight Talk phones are AT&T based with AT&T numbers so it does count as mobile to mobile to people with regular AT&T or GoPhones.

Feedback Score
    Well, the local store rep have a sign that clearly says it is either AT&T or Verizon. Verizon uses CDMA, so a GSM phone have to be using AT&T for my area.
    I have not heard of Straight Talk using T-mobile towers. Even if they do now, T-mobile is almost unheard of in my area.

Phone
    iPhone 5c
    Carrier
    GoPhone(Me)/Cricket(Gf)
    Feedback Score
    Same here so you should be good to go.

Phone
    Kyocera Strobe
    Carrier
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    My girlfriends friend has that att pre paid phone and can call without using his mins and I think she said he can call when he is out of them, that is how we realized we were not using VW and why I ended up back here. When you send an MMS to an email if your (ST) addy says blahblahblahATT.com then it is an att number.

Feedback Score
    I have received the Straight talk phone, and confirmed that it is indeed a GSM with SIM card.
    I can call prepaid ATT goPhone users without causing them being charged the extra $0.10.
    This is great!

Feedback Score
    True that! I didn't realize that this was possible with straight and GSM networks with straight talk. I'm probably doing the 30 dollars a month deal because all my friends and family have GSM..

Feedback Score

question

does the new straight talk phones operate off of t-mobile towers or is that misinformation i have heard
    Does straight talk, even with the new phones(with the simm card) still use verizon towers

Feedback Score

unknown

do the new straight talk phones operate off of verizon towers or t-mobile towers....i have been given some (mis)information and need to purchase a new one....just need to know if its off of t-mobile towers..... or if i need to check out power 10 or or or or or..........
    a little help would be appreciated

Phones
    :: Samsung Galaxy S2 :: Nokia Lumia 635 :: LG Optimus F3 :: Nokia Lumia 521 ::
    :: Samsung Galaxy S2 ::
    :: Nokia Lumia 521 ::
    Carrier
    ::T~Mobile 2 Go :: Lycamobile :: PTel ::
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nicholstwo View Post
    does the new straight talk phones operate off of t-mobile towers or is that misinformation i have heard
    Does straight talk, even with the new phones(with the simm card) still use verizon towers
    If it has a SIM card it is not working off a Verizon tower, but I don't know if you are in AT&T or T~Mobile country.
    After I heard about the new T~Mobile Prepaid Plans

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    do the new straight talk phones operate off of verizon towers or t-mobile towers....i have been given some (mis)information and need to purchase a new one....just need to know if its off of t-mobile towers..... or if i need to check out power 10 or or or or or..........
    a little help would be appreciated
    Your service provider depends on the phone model and also the type SIM card that comes with a GSM phone. Of the three providers mentioned which would provide acceptable service where you will use the phone? Where do you plan to buy the phone and what is the zip code you would use to order the phone?

Feedback Score
    All Straight Talk GSM phones operate from AT&T as a primary. The Straight Talk GSM phones WILL ROAM on other networks, however the data package will not remain active while roaming. CDMA based Straight Talk phones (Verizon only) do not roam on other CDMA networks. This could be the reason why some areas have only the CDMA based Straight Talk phones available, even if T-Mobile offers coverage in an area that AT&T does not.

As far as data on any phone is concerned, Straight Talk has extremely open range, especially when you compare it to AT&T's contract plans, where even data over Wi-Fi is limited.

Feedback Score

t-mobile or verizon or att towers

my zip is 95709, i have one of the old straight talk phones....which i am happy with, i dropped the phone....screen is out, ohone still works and am attempting to retrieve contacts and am determining where to go from here....especially with all the little quirks i am finding....help please

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    my zip is 95709, i have one of the old straight talk phones....which i am happy with, i dropped the phone....screen is out, ohone still works and am attempting to retrieve contacts and am determining where to go from here....especially with all the little quirks i am finding....help please
    Your zip is for the COGSM4 (dual) market; AT&T GSM and Verizon CDMA phones. You will have to decide on a replacement phone and where to buy it. How far thru the 30 days are you? If you can wait, just go to the new phone when your 30 days expires. If you have extra cards applied to the phone you will have to call CS to switch it all over to the new phone. If this doesn`t cover your exact situation give us more Info.

Feedback Score

phone contact recovery

30 days is up soon....i have a repairman trying to assimilate parts from other "same as" phones....but no luck in retrieving the contact list from the original phone
    model number sch r451c which works from verizon towers, i'm told
    the new straight talk phones, with the simm chips......are they from the verizon towers or .......
    i am near placerville ca (530) area code
    phone number is 916 area code

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast