Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Consumer Cellular?

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S3
    Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 10.1 (not a phone :) )
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Consumer Cellular?

Does anyone have any experience with Consumer Cellular? It's based on AT&T network. They seem to be targetting low usage non-technical folks, might be ideal for my parents (70 +)

Phones
    N/A
    Pantech Jest
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It's expensive. It's really expensive for light users (100 minutes / month or so.) There's a "free(*)" phone, but that's before the $35.00 activation fee. If AT&T is the best network for your situation, consider Pure Talk USA or AT&T Gophone instead.

Phones
    HTC Ozone
    Pantech PN-820
    Carrier
    1. Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Well, somebody has to pay for their annoying TV ads...

Phones
    Nokia 5310 w/Jabra BT250V handsfree, Nokia 6010, Nokia 6030
    Nokia 6310i, Nokia 8310 (Europe)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile US, Fido, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OldPro View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with Consumer Cellular? It's based on AT&T network. They seem to be targetting low usage non-technical folks, might be ideal for my parents (70 +)
    Let's just cut to the chase. Cellphone service is not rocket science. There are lots of prepaid options for people who don't make a lot of calls (and even for those who do make a lot of calls.) If you're looking for something where you don't have to do anything you won't find it. You either have to pay a bill that comes every month or if you go with prepaid you need to feed it a minute voucher periodically. They don't have to get a smart phone unless that's what they're after. You can get service for as little as $10 a month and with some plans you can even make it less than a dollar a month. Consumer Cellular is not a good deal even though they're aiming for the older set.
    Moderator yahoogroups forum T-Mobile-US http://groups.yahoo.com/group/T-Mobile-US

Phones
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    iPhone 4s-64 + many others
    Carriers
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score
    They also do a credit check. Which may not be a good idea if you are trying to finance a new house or car. There are alot better deals than them. Seems like the senior phones are expensive (plans) and no real extra benefit just marketing. Which network works best where they will be and we could recommend a decent prepaid mvno that won't be a rip off.
    trying to come up with better signature.......

Phones
    HTC Evo
    HTC Evo
    Motorola i1
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Page Plus | PTel
    Feedback Score
    You can't just say "my service is good for seniors" and expect to stick around for too long. Case in point, Jitterbug. They had expensive phones and expensive service. Their value proposition? Big Buttons! But now they're offering multiple plans that are more reasonable and additional senior-friendly services.

If Consumer Cellular didn't have AARP, they'd be in trouble. My two cents

Feedback Score
    It might be a benefit to someone who is on lifeline and doesn't want to worry about running out of minutes with using assurance or safelink. From what I am told, postpaid can take lifeline discounts if you qualify.

Carriers
    ATT Gophone
    Net 10
    Feedback Score
    H2O wireless (gsm) is also a good deal at $10 for 3 mos, the sim comes with free $7 balance upon activation on minute plan

and you can use att phone

Feedback Score
    An LA Times just posted gives a favorable impression of providers like Consumer Cellular who cater to seniors. They make it sound like it is a bargain when a person pays $10 a month for zero free minutes and then charged 25 cents/minute for calls. It would not surprise me at all if Consumer Cellular actually gains a number of customers because of the article.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...760,full.story

Feedback Score
    Hi Old Pro. I work for Consumer Cellular and wanted to give you some more insight into our packages and phone plans. You are correct; Consumer Cellular is a great option for anyone looking for the safety and convenience of a cell phone without high usage needs. We are a no contract phone provider with plans starting as low as $10/month. Because there are no contracts, customers can change their plans retroactively, helping our customers avoid paying for unused minutes or costly overage fees each month. AARP members receive 5% for cellular usage and 30% off select accessories. You can also cancel the service for any reason within the first 30 days or 30 minutes of use, whichever occurs first, and receive a full refund. Consumer Cellular will even pay for shipping. We encourage you to give us a call at 1-888-345-5509 and talk through some of the phone options and plans available. Or, visit us online at www.consumercellular.com to order and to get more information. Hope this helps!

Phones
    NOKIA E66/5800d, HTC Ozone (T-M)
    HTC Ozone (PP/T-M)
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ConsumerCell View Post
    Hi Old Pro. I work for Consumer Cellular and wanted to give you some more insight into our packages and phone plans. Y Hope this helps!
    It sure did. Now I am sure this message is spam.

Phones
    HTC Evo
    HTC Evo
    Motorola i1
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Page Plus | PTel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by exfed2002 View Post
    It sure did. Now I am sure this message is spam.
    Why is this spam? Somebody said something about the company and they responded.

Phones
    NOKIA E66/5800d, HTC Ozone (T-M)
    HTC Ozone (PP/T-M)
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drprepaid View Post
    Why is this spam? Somebody said something about the company and they responded.
    Right, he's posted four times, and each time it has been a "disguised" advertisement for CC..................

Phones
    HTC Evo
    HTC Evo
    Motorola i1
    Carriers
    Sprint
    Page Plus | PTel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by exfed2002 View Post
    Right, he's posted four times, and each time it has been a "disguised" advertisement for CC..................
    Username is ConsumerCell... He/she represents the company. She/he is posting in a thread about the company. Doesn't qualify as spam.

Phones
    HTC Ozone
    Pantech PN-820
    Carrier
    1. Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    The problem is that this person doesn't talk objectively about his or her company. It is exactly advertising/spam - to mention only positives and conveniently omit negatives.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast