Thread: LG 900G - Annoying Message on MAIN screen

Feedback Score

Question LG 900G - Annoying Message on MAIN screen

I just "upgraded" to the LG 900G with Straight Talk. I have used them for ages and have never had a real problem until today when I get this phone in the mail and (finally) got it activated. Now I have this annoying "you have 30 service days remaining" message on the main screen.

Before activation, I had more options under Prepaid and one of them was where I could turn this off... which I DID before activating the phone.
    Once it was activated - there's the message and the option to turn it off has poofed. I called Customer Service (what a JOKE) and they say there is no way to turn it off... and of course I have powered my phone off and on 20 times.

Any help?

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9000
    Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Motorola A1200R
    Carrier
    Net10 (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Pull the battery for 60 seconds. Reboot then check if the AirTime Display Menu has returned to the Prepaid Menu.
    If that doesn't work, from the Home Screen enter 1809#*900# the TEST MENU will pop up, go down to FACTORY RESET select that then OK. You will lose all your personal setting and contacts but not your Activation or Airtime Minutes and Service Date since that is stored on the SIM. This should return the phone back to it's virgin state.
    HOW TO UNLOCK AND FLASH A NET10 LG 900G
    http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f177...hread-1176052/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotsman828 View Post
    Pull the battery for 60 seconds. Reboot then check if the AirTime Display Menu has returned to the Prepaid Menu.
    I tried this, it wasn't there.

If that doesn't work, from the Home Screen enter 1809#*900# the TEST MENU will pop up, go down to FACTORY RESET select that then OK. You will lose all your personal setting and contacts but not your Activation or Airtime Minutes and Service Date since that is stored on the SIM. This should return the phone back to it's virgin state.
    When I put this in, it said DONE then it says UNKNOWN ERROR.

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9000
    Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Motorola A1200R
    Carrier
    Net10 (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    when you input 1809#*900# did you get the TEST MENU?

Feedback Score
    when you input 1809#*900# did you get the TEST MENU?
    Nope. It says "requesting", then "done" with a green check mark, then "unknown error".

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9000
    Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Motorola A1200R
    Carrier
    Net10 (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    you don't push the SEND button after you've entered the code. after you've entered the code the TEST MENU will just pop up. If you mess up entering the code you must hit the END button and start over. If the 1809#*900# isn't working try 2945#*900# and if that doesn't work, turn off the phone, pull out the SIM card, reboot phone. When you get to the INSERT SIM screen, then try the codes. Remember if you screw up when putting in the code, you must hit the END button an try again.

Feedback Score
    you don't push the SEND button after you've entered the code. after you've entered the code the TEST MENU will just pop up. If you mess up entering the code you must hit the END button and start over. If the 1809#*900# isn't working try 2945#*900# and if that doesn't work, turn off the phone, pull out the SIM card, reboot phone. When you get to the INSERT SIM screen, then try the codes. Remember if you screw up when putting in the code, you must hit the END button an try again.
    I don't know what I am doing wrong - but without hitting send or OK, both codes just sit there indefinitely, with or without the SIM card... they don't actually DO anything.

Phones
    Blackberry Bold 9000
    Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Motorola A1200R
    Carrier
    Net10 (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    1809#*900# is the correct code to get into the TEST MENU.
    Try resetting you phone from the settings menu. Pull up the phone menu, go to settings down in the lower right hand corner, then scroll down to Reset Settings. This may reset the problem or at least allow you to access the TEST MENU. Good luck!

Feedback Score
    1809#*900# is the correct code to get into the TEST MENU.
    Try resetting you phone from the settings menu. Pull up the phone menu, go to settings down in the lower right hand corner, then scroll down to Reset Settings. This may reset the problem or at least allow you to access the TEST MENU. Good luck!
    I got to the TEST MENU fine, but unfortunately the Factory Reset did not change anything