Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Sh7218u

Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieroolz View Post
    I guess a price of a SH-01B will be skyrocketing soon. I'm somewhat disappointed by the downgrade in specs though.
    I'm guessing that the internal components (proc, ram, gfx... obv the cam was downgraded though) of the SH-01B have been upgraded to run Android smoothly. Whatever was in the 01B probably can't run android that well...

^making a fw flash unlikely, unfortunately.

Still, factory unlocked 3D Galapagos? Might get me back into Sharps... now it's all down the the price.
    iPhone 6s | N-06C

Carrier(s)
    Wind+T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseus View Post
    What is the standard of life in China? Isn't $680 US a lot of money there? I mean, compared to the average monthly salary. Of course $680 would be just fine in the USA or Canada, or anywhere in Western Europe (in Bulgaria this is two-two and a half monthly salaries).

What I mean by this is - isn't this price unaffordable for even the sort-of-well-off Chinese person?
    Phones are status symbols here as far as I can tell. So getting a nice phone is akin to getting a nice watch or nice car. This is why Samsung can make a phone that costs over US$1400 that people will actually buy. And why said phone is never sold in Europe or the US.

Oh yeah, and there are photos available now. Courtesy of Blueshow. Summed up from what's available:

1. Keypad looks ugly compared to the SH-01B.
    2. Big SHARP logo across the top of the flip when closed. A special kind of tacky.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6230b (5.50 with Chinese)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    hopefully something with a better camera comes out, Im not a fan of their cmos cameras

WAPI is that chinese wifi standard?

edit: for those who dont have an account on bluehsow

Device(s)
    Porsche Design P'9981 by BlackBerry
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    That looks promising, actually. I don't like the keyboard of Chinese models in general (e.g. the font on keypads) but a flip Android that can convert to a candybar is definitely appealing. I'll miss the unqiue nuances of the Symbian+MOAP OS though...
    Current Phone: Porsche Design P9981 by BlackBerry + BlackBerry PlayBook

Device(s)
    sh-06a, f-01a
    Carrier(s)
    at&t singtel
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The keyboard looks like a knock-off one and i don't like the sharp logo for some reason.
    EVERYTHING'S GONE

Device(s)
    Nokia 6230b (5.50 with Chinese)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    maybe nail polish remover will remove it

Carrier(s)
    Telstra Mobile
    Feedback Score
    eh, looks cheap. The SHARP logo shouldn't be on the cover AND the interior. The keypad font looks hideous.
    The Sheep Butler at your service
    Currently using: iPhone 4S

Previous phones: 3210.3200.X430.V200.K750i.RAZR V3i.5300 XpressMusic.N73.W910i.iPhone 3G.W595.E71.SH-07B.iPhone 4S.iPhone 5.Note II.XPERIA Z.XPERIA Z1.Note 3.F-02D.XPERIA Z2.LG G3.XPERIA Z3

Device(s)
    sh-06a, f-01a
    Carrier(s)
    at&t singtel
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Maybe black color will be nicer or can swap the housing with sh-01b

Carrier(s)
    Telstra Mobile
    Feedback Score
    That's a good idea, but it probably won't be possible. Assuming the top part is one piece, the SH-01B has a camera and a ambient light sensor at the bottom of the display. Maybe it will still fit. But the bottom half won't. The keypad is completely redesigned and until we have pictures for the back of the camera, we have no idea if a house swap is possible.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    wow... this looks promising!

I'm def getting this even tho I just got a captivate, but eh, It was only 50USD for an upgrade. The SH-01B design is by far my fave keitai design, next to the 923sh and F-01A/B.
    I can actually bare with the slightly revamped body and hardware downgrades on this.

Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score
    Pretty sure that other colors will have a different font for the keypad (other keitais have had different keypad fonts for diff colors) so no worries there.

What I'm worried about is speed and optimization of Android for the hardware. X10 has a 1GHz Snapdragon but poor software optimization rendered it nearly unusable (on 1.6). On the other hand, the HTC Aria has a 600MHz processor but excellent optimization, thus making it nice and snappy.

Hopefully it'll at least have 003SH components (003sh was pretty snappy in the few minutes of testing I did). Not sure why, but my SH-03C seemed slow compared to it (and the only downgrade I could see was 2.1 rather than 2.2 and QSD8250 rather than QSD8255). Better optimization? Or does 2.2 really work wonders?

Device(s)
    sh-06a, f-01a
    Carrier(s)
    at&t singtel
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    More Photos at eprice China. The black one looks nice to me.

http://www.eprice.com.cn/mobile/talk...05/1/1/138471/

Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by klanse View Post
    More Photos at eprice China. The black one looks nice to me.

http://www.eprice.com.cn/mobile/talk...05/1/1/138471/
    Dammit, same ugly keypad font?

I wonder why the screen has the Android menu, search, home and back button on the bottom of the touchscreen- doesn't the keypad already have those 4 buttons? Shouldn't the touch buttons only appear when the screen is swiveled into the viewer position?
    Last edited by yamanote; 01-29-2011 at 04:35 AM.

Device(s)
    Aquos Zeta SH-01G
    Carrier(s)
    Mtel Bulgaria
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I didn't see a single picture of the phone with the screen swivelled back... It does swivel, doesn't it?

And my overall impression - I'm not particularly impressed...
    Sharp mobile devices database & tips for Sharp smartphones: http://sharp.cheeseus.org
    Selling: Near mint Sharp SoftBank 005SH: SIM unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, leather case
    Selling: Sharp Aquos Phone 007SH – The Hybrid, SIM-unlocked, permanent root, 16 GB microSD, optimised.

Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cheeseus View Post
    I didn't see a single picture of the phone with the screen swivelled back... It does swivel, doesn't it?

And my overall impression - I'm not particularly impressed...
    Now that you mention it...

The hinge looks like it can swivel, but if it can't, I'm guessing all interest will be lost.

EDIT: Read thru the post again and, with my basic chinese skills I read the following: '采用双轴旋转折叠设计' <-- doesn't that say that the screen can be rotated?

Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast