Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

Thread: Sh7218u

Feedback Score

Weather for external screen

Anyway, still have not got an answer where to get the area codes for the weather on external display. It just askes for the area and I can only put the numericals in.

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Karelian View Post
    Anyway, still have not got an answer where to get the area codes for the weather on external display. It just askes for the area and I can only put the numericals in.
    Which application do you mean? Could you post some screens and aplication?

Device(s)
    Xperia Z1
    Carrier(s)
    XL axiata
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by malinovsky View Post
    there is a touchscreen adaptation/calibration setting in the setting menu
    you can start with it

if this won't help I would root the phone and install original stock rom to have sure that this is not a software issue

unfortunately it can also be a hardware issue when you can do nothing more than buying a new touchscreen... or phone
    Already install clockworkmod & back to original stock rom, but the touchscreen still doesn't work.
    so... goodbye sh7218

Feedback Score

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Straces View Post
    Which application do you mean? Could you post some screens and aplication?
    It's in Settings->Display->External Display->Service Settings->Weather->Area here the write box pops out, inviting to enter Area Code. That's code I'm asking about - where the hell to get it?

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    It's in Settings->Display->External Display->Service Settings->Weather->Area here the write box pops out, inviting to enter Area Code. That's code I'm asking about - where the hell to get it?
    This item is only in SH7228 i cannot find it in SH7218, ok just start searching in: /system/app/MemLcd.apk - copy this file to computer

(MemLcd.apk = SH7228U external display and subsystemserver = SH7218U external display (i suppose ))

Decompress classes.dex from MemLcd.apk and there you will find:
    "DrawWeather.java"
    "Weather.java"
    "WeatherReader.java"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Straces View Post
    This item is only in SH7228 i cannot find it in SH7218, ok just start searching in: /system/app/MemLcd.apk - copy this file to computer

(MemLcd.apk = SH7228U external display and subsystemserver = SH7218U external display (i suppose ))

Decompress classes.dex from MemLcd.apk and there you will find:
    "DrawWeather.java"
    "Weather.java"
    "WeatherReader.java"
    Sorry Straces, how do I decompress it? By a standard unzipper? And what am I supposed to find ther? The mentioned Area Codes?

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Sorry Straces, how do I decompress it? By a standard unzipper? And what am I supposed to find ther? The mentioned Area Codes?
    No, you cannot decompile .dex (compiled by Dalvik) file as standard archive file, use some android decompiler
    (for example: AndroChef Java Decompiler - you can decompile 10 files in demo version)

Then serch for .java files in result file, open it in text editor and if you programmed, it is as java language.
    Maybe it is here, maybe in resources.arsc or somewhere else...

Feedback Score
    Hi guys.I have a SH7218U and I have a strange problem with it.If I put the back of the phone close to my ear i can hear strange noise coming from the speaker.This noise is killing the battery.Do you know any solution?

Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by STOYCHO View Post
    Hi guys.I have a SH7218U and I have a strange problem with it.If I put the back of the phone close to my ear i can hear strange noise coming from the speaker.This noise is killing the battery.Do you know any solution?
    Hello, it could be hardware or software problem (maybe some app at backgroud),

first exclude software problem - choose another firmware version and put it to the phone (make sure that you have full battery charged)

if the problem persist then it is hardware problem - check the two wires connected to back speaker (use my manual to disassembly)

Carrier(s)
    NTT docomo / Telekom.de
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know a good source for buying the SH7218u?

I tried it through www.buychina.com (TaoBao Agent) twice, but it didn't work out. The first time they refunded my payment because the phone was suddenly not in stock anymore. The second time they said they can't send it because the customs in my country (Germany) wouldn't allow the import of batteries. After I convinced them that this is not generally true, they told me the phone is fake. Not sure if I believe that, though. But again they refunded my money.

Is there any other source (and other then eBay) to buy a new SH7218u for a decent price?

Feedback Score
    Hi Everyone,
    I am unable to get the weather information to show on the display screen and I am not getting any options in settings external display other than show caller id/ display date and time. Any input would be great.
    Last edited by nutsyjay; 12-06-2014 at 01:26 PM.

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45