Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Sh7218u

Carrier(s)
    Telstra Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The screen should be 'swivelable', I mean just by looking at the hinge. There must be some special drivers for the open/close and swivel for power management/OS switching. The absence of a CCD lens seems have gotten rid of the curve where the camera is on the SH-01B. And this is one to skip for me with the lack of 850MHz 3G.
    The Sheep Butler at your service
    Currently using: iPhone 4S

Previous phones: 3210.3200.X430.V200.K750i.RAZR V3i.5300 XpressMusic.N73.W910i.iPhone 3G.W595.E71.SH-07B.iPhone 4S.iPhone 5.Note II.XPERIA Z.XPERIA Z1.Note 3.F-02D.XPERIA Z2.LG G3.XPERIA Z3

Device(s)
    Nokia 6230b (5.50 with Chinese)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    i can live with the 850 gsm over 850 3g, in my area so signal should be a lot better, in than 1900 gsm only.

if it didnt swivel I think the phone would look different, sorta like the non swivel sharp with their hinge designs.

I would have taken the downgrade 8mp ccd over the CMOS, at least the 8mp ccd can still take nice pics with the right amount of control,

one thing I dont like about android homescreen is the top bar on the top, I like full screen wallpapers using all the space on the phone :P
    Last edited by aw614; 01-29-2011 at 09:06 AM.

Device(s)
    903sh white
    Carrier(s)
    Heyah
    Feedback Score
    sh-01b is best looking phone for me, and android flip keitai was my dream, but 680$ for downgraded 1 year old phone?

Device(s)
    NTT DoCoMo SH-03A, F-01B, F-04B, F-06B, SH-12C
    Carrier(s)
    M1
    Feedback Score
    Seems the internals have been changed quite a bit from the SH-01B to the Sh7218u, too much to have the SH-01B running on Android possible. And looking at the specs and the looks(and considering the probable price), the Defy is looking more and more attractive.

Good effort from Sharp China this time though, the specs are (largely) alright, much better than the other Sharp China models.

Device(s)
    too many to place them here
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile(main)
    Feedback Score
    this phone is on my watchlist on eBay, however i do think the price is too high, sellers probably think because is solar powered too they might get a big chunk of money , ill just wait until price drop significantly...
    We lose as much as we gain through life, and that includes who we used to be.

I WANT TO BUY A FUJITSU ESPRIMO DH550!!

Carrier(s)
    Telstra Mobile
    Feedback Score
    they do still have the pretty LEDs on the side don't they?

Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aggro View Post
    sh-01b is best looking phone for me, and android flip keitai was my dream, but 680$ for downgraded 1 year old phone?
    Downgrade? The only downgrade I can see is the camera. All the internal components will have been upgraded to run android smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by NeuroticallyYou View Post
    this phone is on my watchlist on eBay, however i do think the price is too high, sellers probably think because is solar powered too they might get a big chunk of money , ill just wait until price drop significantly...
    Don't think it has a solar panel...? Or are you talking about another phone?
    iPhone 6s | N-06C

Carrier(s)
    Telstra Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yamanote View Post
    Don't think it has a solar panel...? Or are you talking about another phone?
    He thinks that sellers will sell at a high price thinking there's a solar panel on the SH7218u when there isn't. He's waiting for sellers to realise that it doesn't have a solar panel so they will sell it for lower.

Device(s)
    SH906iTV
    Carrier(s)
    FIDO
    Feedback Score
    the logo on the black version is all right, but the keyboard is a huge disappointment. The suggesting price has lowered a bit after the picture release. Right now it sits around $3500 to $4000 RMB, which is $530CDN to $600CDN.
    Last edited by rshen3p; 01-29-2011 at 08:59 PM.

Device(s)
    SH906iTV
    Carrier(s)
    FIDO
    Feedback Score
    okay it seems like the hardware is out too. here is the link to the SHARP China blog: http://www.msharp.cn/forum/t233419/

With CPU at 600HZ, I think it will be enough to run the andriod system

Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    600 mhz is the same speed as the Milestone. They definitely could've done something better. And no offense to china, but the ui looks like it's been designed by a dodgy chinese firm. They used the settings logo from Mac OS X for crying out loud! The phone looks nice though... sharp logo is in a weird spot but it looks nice.
    What a long emoticon...

Carrier(s)
    Telstra Mobile
    Feedback Score
    To be honest, the Japanese companies don't have nice logos at all, they look fine at the bottom of a large flat-screen television, but when they slap it on a phone it looks ugly. The SHARP logo should've been on the internal display, silver and tiny like the one on the 903SH.

Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yeah that is true. I guess that horrid launcher could also be replaced pretty easily.

Carrier(s)
    DOCOMO
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I hope the battery can get though a day. I am seriously considering picking up one of these!

EDIT: Any news on availability? Could my man Zero pick me one up? I can get any other phone here in Japan if there was something you wanted...
    Last edited by martindesu; 01-30-2011 at 06:43 PM.

Device(s)
    HTC One X LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers | Three HK
    Feedback Score
    600mhz? That's... not what I expected. For something that is supposed to be high end anyways.

First thing I would do if I got this phone would be to throw LauncherPro onto it so the horrible iClone-like UI is hidden. ugh.

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast