Thread: Straight Talk International Long Distance Coming Soon....?

Phones
    Motorola Razr V3m, Motorola Droid X2, Motorola Droid2 Global (white)
    Motorola Droid X2
    Motorola RAZR V3M
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    -1 (0%)

Straight Talk International Long Distance Coming Soon....?

Hey Guys
    Anyone noticed when you sign into the Straight Talk self service website it says Straight Talk International Long Distance
    Then when you click on it it says coming soon

Anyone got any information on the plans or what theyll be offering
    Will it be free with the 45 dollar card

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    You may want to check how it works thru Net10, ST may end up being the same. Begin your research here: http://www.auristechnology.com/net10ild/

Feedback Score
    If you haven't already seen this yet. They def have international calling now. http://www.straighttalk.com/controll...gory=intercall

How does Straight Talk International Long Distance Service work?
    Just buy the dollar amount of service with your credit card through Straight Talk My Account. Call the access number from any one of your registered phone numbers and you are ready to make international long distance calls. Straight Talk International Long Distance Service also provides easy access to your call history and payment history.
    How to get started?
    Sign up on our website at Straight Talk.com and go to My Account. Fill out the short form and register the phone numbers you are going to be calling from. Buy calling time with your credit or debit card and you are ready to make long distance calls.

To make a call:
    1. Dial this access number: 855-787-8855
    2. Talk and enjoy the Straight Talk International Long Distance Service!
    3. For added convenience, store your access number in your Straight Talk phone's speed dial.
    What are the destinations I can call with Straight Talk International Calling Service?
    You can call any country that is on the "Countries" list. Log into "My Account" and select "International Long Distance" for a complete list of countries and rates.

Feedback Score
    It's a half-baked solution. They're basically using a third-party system to say they have international calling. It's no different than if you use google or skype, both of which have the same type of service. You dial their number, then dial the call, and they connect you to the international party. The issue is it's lots cheaper to use Google or Skypes service that does the same thing.

I was really hoping for direct-dial international LD and text messaging.

Feedback Score
    I know there was going to be complaints, but that is life. I am planning to use international long distance with my Straight Talk cellphone. But is just me and my decision. If something comes into the market new they need time and patience for a great deal for us ST users. I switched and for me the savings are great.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicaltime View Post
    I know there was going to be complaints, but that is life. I am planning to use international long distance with my Straight Talk cellphone. But is just me and my decision. If something comes into the market new they need time and patience for a great deal for us ST users. I switched and for me the savings are great.
    It's just not ST's business, so I don't expect much. With all the International Calling VoIP apps out there, I'm not losing sleep over this issue.

Feedback Score
    Ok, so if I understand this correctly, you can now phone out, but because the VoIP is set up in the States, you won't be able to phone home? It's not the end of the world, but it does however make you dependant on having either of the nokia smart phones which can swap sims with a local operator overseas. Now the problem is getting the damn elusive smart phones.

Feedback Score
    Right now there is a boom in prepaid intl calling. Boost mobile and Tmobile just added strong/cheap intl calling options to their monthly plans. Most Att mvnos have strong intl calling options (Red Pocket, H20 gsm, Jolt Mobile, Pure).

Many Sprint mvnos do too.

Only a matter of time before Straight Talk tried to catch up considering its elder sisters, N10 and Tracfone have always been strong in intl calls.

Feedback Score

Straight talk international plan headache

I have tried to get the new international minutes on my straightalk phone for over 7 months now. It worked for about 3 wks then stopped. I was told my account was out of money! I only used it for about 3 minutes tops. So I add $10 then log onto straight talk and see that I have 19.54. So I wasted $10.

I have spent countless hours trying to get them to fix it. We didn't change anything. It just worked then stopped and they cant figure out why.

So i demanded a refund. They told me that they did the refund now i'm on the phone again trying to get it because i never received the money!! And they are telling me again that I do not have any money on my account!!

Bottom line--- straight talk, net 10 and all the other providers under the same company are a joke.

If you need a quick throw away phone number or something cheap for a kid they are fine. Anything else, and customer service/ tech support is useless. The international calls is my second bad experience with them. the first was trying to switch to a sim card phone from a non sim phone. They couldnt do it after wks of trying. End result... had to get a new ph number.

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    One can buy an international prepaid long distance card independent of the wireless carrier for much less than Straight Talk charges for its card. You can use those from any telephone.

Sent from my GTablet-TnT-Lite using HowardForums
    Earl F. Parrish