Thread: Blocking Text Messages

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Blocking Text Messages

Can Tracfone put a block on incoming text messages?

Phone
    Moto W260G, LG420G, LG500G, LG600G, LG900G, Optimus V
    Carrier
    Tracfone Virgin
    Feedback Score
    Unfortunately no. No company can block an incoming text message. All one can do is avoid the sequence that 'opens' the message, and just delete them.

unwanted text messages that burn units up, was inevitable, just scam calls, and email spam.

We do not 'own' our phone number to which the text is sent to, so I think we will always have little control over this.

What I always thought wold be nice is if the individual phone had 'filters' separately for incoming text and incoming (unwanted calls). An example would be, if they are not already in your contacts list, the phone does not ring/notify. Maybe a good thing for manufacturers to market next?

K-L-M

Phones
    :: Samsung Galaxy S2 :: Nokia Lumia 710 :: LG Optimus F3 ::
    :: Samsung Galaxy S2 ::
    :: Nokia Lumia 521 ::
    Carrier
    ::T~Mobile 2 Go :: Lycamobile :: PTel ::
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by K-L-M View Post
    Unfortunately no. No company can block an incoming text message. All one can do is avoid the sequence that 'opens' the message, and just delete them.

unwanted text messages that burn units up, was inevitable, just scam calls, and email spam.

We do not 'own' our phone number to which the text is sent to, so I think we will always have little control over this.

What I always thought wold be nice is if the individual phone had 'filters' separately for incoming text and incoming (unwanted calls). An example would be, if they are not already in your contacts list, the phone does not ring/notify. Maybe a good thing for manufacturers to market next?

K-L-M
    T~Mobile prepaid and Verizon prepaid will block text messages to your phone if you call CS and ask, but it's all texts.
    That is fine with me because I don't like texting and love having it totally blocked.

Also many of the Samsung phones do have a 'block number' in the settings so if you put in a number you never want to get a call from again, the phone won't ring and bother you, very good for blocking numbers who call who you don't know, like sales calls and wrong numbers. Or if you are not getting along with someone and want to block them. It's as temporary or as permanent as you want it to be, you can unblock the numbers as easily as you blocked them. It won't block incoming texts but having the carrier block them stops that problem in it's tracks. You can go to the call records in the phone and the setting has several options, one of which it block this number.

Someone I do not know sent a picture message to my Net10 phone, I deleted it unopened and was not charged for it.

The thing I like about Tracfone and Net10 is they don't charge you for texts if you don't open them.

I wish T~Mobile and Verizon prepaid worked it like that.

But having them block all texts is great so I never have to deal with it.
    After I heard about the new T~Mobile Prepaid Plans

Phone
    Moto W260G, LG420G, LG500G, LG600G, LG900G, Optimus V
    Carrier
    Tracfone Virgin
    Feedback Score
    SnowyWhite- Thanks for the enlightenment!

It seems like phones and companies can't quite yet come together and make one great phone+service just yet.

I sure wish my phones had a featured call block built in.

K-L-M

Phones
    :: Samsung Galaxy S2 :: Nokia Lumia 710 :: LG Optimus F3 ::
    :: Samsung Galaxy S2 ::
    :: Nokia Lumia 521 ::
    Carrier
    ::T~Mobile 2 Go :: Lycamobile :: PTel ::
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by K-L-M View Post
    SnowyWhite- Thanks for the enlightenment!

It seems like phones and companies can't quite yet come together and make one great phone+service just yet.

I sure wish my phones had a featured call block built in.

K-L-M
    My Net10 Samsung 401g has it of Net10 phones I know of.

And almost all of the T~Mobile Samsung's I have has it.

Great feature.