Thread: Att Phones On H2O

Feedback Score

Att Phones On H2O

Does anyone know if an ATT phone will work with the h2o sim card without being unlocked first?

Feedback Score
    It is a known fact that generally MOST mvnos of Att have sims that work in locked Att phones, AT LEAST for talk/text. Data /mms may be trickier. I'd say Red Pocket, Air Voice, Jolt mobile and Pure prepaid/talk sims will work in locked Att phones.

This happens with Tmobile too and their mvnos and even Nextel with Boost mobile (iden/walkie talkie) . The sim of the prepaid division/mvno will work on phones that are locked to the parent network.

With limitations but talk/text almost always has no issue.

The OTHER way around, Att sims in mvno phones isn't always universal. H20 phones used to not allow Att sims on their phones without unlocking. Whether this is still true or not it is unknown. Tuyo, a Tmobile mvno does not allow Tmobile sims to work on their phones.

Tuyo though is still about two years behind the Att mvnos and other Tmobile mvnos (no unlimited, no data,no mms, no heavy user plans. Just paygo.

Tracfone, Net10 and Straight Talk all run Att and Tmobile networks on their coverage but their sims are completely locked down with the occasional rare exception (Nokia e71 sim works in unlocked gsm phones).

Feedback Score
    I was thinking about getting an ATT gophone but I don't want to pay the 75. monthly--I was wanting to use it on the cheaper ones but I need data to work. The unlock on the a187 is about 30. --not worth it.

Feedback Score
    Jolt has a couple of cute red alcatel phones on their lineup now.

Feedback Score
    it think you can use any unlocked gsm phone or any att phone.

Carrier
    H2o wireless
    Feedback Score
    I had got the nokia 2720 gophone from the att site since it is listed as a data supported phone by h2o. I loved that phone when I had it with my tmobile contract awhile back. It was locked to ATT but with the H2o sim it activated with no problems for talk and sms text. I had got the data plan but ended up calling H2o every day for 2 weeks straight after activating bc the MMS & data would not work. I could get the texts of files to my phone from them and save the files but the profiles were not being updated. Their "tech support" ended up not being able to help me since they could not figure out how to enter the settings manually, even though it is shown on their site as a supported phone. I was pretty ticked about it since IMO they shouldn't list something as supported if they are not going to support it. That all said, I ported out to Straight Talk for a month but a relative sold me their iphone on the cheap after upgrading so I just ported back to H2o this week. I figure them not supporting the iphone is no different than the situation i was in with them not helping me with a phone they advertise to support.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sewsweetmama View Post
    I had got the nokia 2720 gophone from the att site since it is listed as a data supported phone by h2o. I loved that phone when I had it with my tmobile contract awhile back. It was locked to ATT but with the H2o sim it activated with no problems for talk and sms text. I had got the data plan but ended up calling H2o every day for 2 weeks straight after activating bc the MMS & data would not work. I could get the texts of files to my phone from them and save the files but the profiles were not being updated. Their "tech support" ended up not being able to help me since they could not figure out how to enter the settings manually, even though it is shown on their site as a supported phone. I was pretty ticked about it since IMO they shouldn't list something as supported if they are not going to support it. That all said, I ported out to Straight Talk for a month but a relative sold me their iphone on the cheap after upgrading so I just ported back to H2o this week. I figure them not supporting the iphone is no different than the situation i was in with them not helping me with a phone they advertise to support.
    Go into the following web address to do settings for the iphone--I saw it in a post here on H2o wireless threads.
    http://www.bigwireless.us/wap/
    Last edited by cellphonefreak; 01-18-2011 at 07:31 PM. Reason: was trying to edit and page moved