Thread: MSL Code Calc for 18-Digit MEID

Feedback Score

MSL Code Calc for 18-Digit MEID

Hello all. I'm new to the Howard Forums. Nice to meet you all. . Well, I have an LG Lyric MT 375 which I would like to unlock. After doing lots of searching & reading the HoFo threads, I found the way to access the "service options" menu, which is ##7764726375, then hit the "send" button, followed by the common "587846" code (btw if this is new to anyone, I found this through original research by calling MetroPCS). However, this sequence of inputs only brings up the "service options" menu which gives access to only the mobile phone #, mobile directory #, SID #, and "general reset".

I believe there is another MSL code specific to my phones MEID which would allow me to access more settings or possibly the file system (if you want to know, I'm trying to get Opera Mini running on the LG Lyric to allow me to download and view larger files). My question is, does anyone know how to calculate an MSL code for an 18 digit MEID? I've tried almost everything I can think of, short of downloading CDMA workshop (please don't tell me to dL CDMA Workshop, I know I can do that, thanks.) I've tried all the MSL calculators on the "ultimate guide to MSL calcs" thread, they either didn't allow 18 digits or I couldn't figure out the XLS language. I've tried the humpa, white rabbit, and other MEID converters, none worked for 18 digits. Please, anyone, can you help solve this mystery? I, and many others, would appreciate it very much. Thanks all!!!

P.S. ##3328873 followed by "send" also prompts the security code pass, huh.

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy Indulge R910
    Samsung Galaxy Indulge R910
    LG Optimus M 690
    Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    LG doesn't have java...
    Unlimit Yourself...MetroPCS

Feedback Score
    Thanks Phillyprx09. That answers my question about Opera Mini....

Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    http://www.whiterabbit.org/android/
    It's for android but there is a MSL calc on there.
    h

Feedback Score
    Thank you Janus Zeal. The whiterabbit calculator for android worked perfectly to give me a 6 digit msl code, p(esn), and p(hex) number. I didn't even think of using the android calculator - so simple wow. Now I will have to try it and see what happens!

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (MOT-QA30/00.72 UP.Browser/7.2.7.5.619 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

I love it when this happens. First thing I see on HF today is specifically the answer I was looking for: do I use the 18 digit dec or the 8 digit esn to calculate my msl at white rabit? Thank you. I wouldn't have minded guessing but I'm trying to get a friend to do it for me and thought it would be best to subject them to a minimum of trial and error. Which leads to my second question, to which I'm nearly sure the answer is no. Is there a Msl calculator that works for mobile? Xl is not supported content yet that screen doesn't even show up. I can enter digits and click calculate but no response.
    I'm in a catch 22 with only mobile access I can't use my cell as a modem to get the code I need to use my cell as a modem.

Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (MOT-QA30/00.72 UP.Browser/7.2.7.5.619 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Hi, I don't know what you want to do with your Lg but you're more likely to find it with ##3328873. You might need to hit send at that point. It should ask for your spc. The Metropcs generic 584846 will open that menu in some phones. Others you need your msl. Once you're in just enable and your good.

Feedback Score
    isis: re: lg

the first sequence enables the special service menu with the msl code, the second sequence (3388873) with the msl code is the feature menu to enable DUN for the lg lyric. Interesting. I actually found that 2nd sequence searching another thread for a different phone, but it gave me the DUN menu on this phone. I haven't been on this board lately but sometime, if I can tether the lyric, i'll do a write-up. thanks, all.