Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone get the Blackberry Torch to work with Straight Talk?

Feedback Score

Anyone get the Blackberry Torch to work with Straight Talk?

I have a Straight Talk Nokia E71 that is activated. I put the SIM card into an unlocked Blackberry Curve 8310. I had already downloaded Opera Mini to the Blackberry to use when I switched the SIM card. I was able to text and use the phone, but I still couldn't get the Opera Mini browser to connect or my email through Yahoo....Any suggestions to get the data working on the Blackberry. I am getting a BB Torch in a few days, and hope to have it running on Straight Talk.. I am hoping the Torch will work since it's a newer phone, someone had posted that it had worked for him.

Any help would be appreciated.....thanks

Phone
    Palm Centro
    Carrier
    Sprint SERO
    Feedback Score
    I don't think you can use any of the BIS features on ST (email, bb browser, BBM ect)

Feedback Score
    I think you might be right. very frustrating. Maybe I should just stick with the Nokia E71 from Straight talk..I think even the iphone can be used on St. Talk with a couple of work around files

Phones
    iPhone 4S 16GB
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Carriers
    StraightTalk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    iPhone on ST works very well! Easy mods needed for data and MMS.
    iPhone 4 running on StraightTalk Wireless 3G (AT&T MVNO)

Time Warner Cable (Home ISP)
    [/URL]

Feedback Score
    I see where the iphone works on Straight Talk, but I wonder if there is a way around it to get the Blackberry Torch to work on Straight Talk?

Phones
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    AT&T Apple iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Many of the features on a BlackBerry are activated through the downloading of service books. If the carrier does not support the BlackBerry there is nowhere to get the service books.
    Earl F. Parrish

Phone
    Kyocera Strobe
    Carrier
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    Yes this is very true and makes sense but how were the blackberrys working on metro when peole were (maybe still are) using houdini to flash them over before metro launched any BB? Maybe it was because things were already set in motion for them? It sucks that blackberry is out for ST at this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by efparri View Post
    Many of the features on a BlackBerry are activated through the downloading of service books. If the carrier does not support the BlackBerry there is nowhere to get the service books.

Feedback Score
    Wait, the iphone works on ST? When did this happen and how can you direct me there? I was under the impression that there was no way to crack phones onto the ST network. If I could do this my ST life would be complete. Everything is great about the service besides the damn phones. Still, I've been managing with my Nokia E71, b/c it's actually a decent phone. Still, we all know it's no iPhone. Hook me up!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SirDukeDuke View Post
    Wait, the iphone works on ST? When did this happen and how can you direct me there? I was under the impression that there was no way to crack phones onto the ST network. If I could do this my ST life would be complete. Everything is great about the service besides the damn phones. Still, I've been managing with my Nokia E71, b/c it's actually a decent phone. Still, we all know it's no iPhone. Hook me up!
    I hope you're not serious, and that this was sarcasm. If you were able to find this post, go back into the thread, and open your eyes. There's about 100 threads, and over 5,000 posts describing how to use an iPhone on ST. If you were able to get to this thread and missed them all, maybe it's better you live with your E71.

Phones
    Nokia N8
    Captivate
    Defy (MB525)
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by getyup View Post
    I hope you're not serious, and that this was sarcasm. If you were able to find this post, go back into the thread, and open your eyes. There's about 100 threads, and over 5,000 posts describing how to use an iPhone on ST. If you were able to get to this thread and missed them all, maybe it's better you live with your E71.
    Well said..

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I tried getting an unlocked blackberry curve 8900 that was previously used on t-mobile to work with straight talk and could only get the phone and sms to work. I tried uploading the service books for att manually to see if that would help and I wasn't successful in getting it to work. If anyone else has had success I would love to hear about it because the blackberry I have is a sweet phone.

Feedback Score
    Blackberry Service Books can be modified. Use the Blackberry Desktop Software to "Backup" the Service Books. It will not backup the interesting Service Books unless you put the Blackberry (Torch) into a "Legacy SB Restore" mode. Before connecting the Blackberry into your computer, navigate to Options / Device / Advanced System Settings / Service Book and type: alt + S-B-E-B You should momentarily see a "Legacy SB Restore Enabled" notification. Once you've downloaded the Service Books with Blackberry Desktop Software, download a free program called MagicBerry. Version 3.x from CNET worked fine for me. This application is somewhat cumbersome to navigate, but it does the job. With MagicBerry, you want to edit the "Transport" Service Books that contain an APN value. I replaced wap.cingular with att.mvno (to move to Straight Talk's APN). Save the modified Service Book IPD file and restore it to the Blackberry with the BlackBerry Desktop Software. This should enable Internet service for your Blackberry browser. I'm not skilled with the Blackberry and I haven't checked out what would have to be done to get MMS working. I'll also changed the default Blackberry APN configuration directly on the phone in Options / Device / Advanced System Settings / TCP IP, which enabled Internet access for applications like App World. If you put a Blackberry-supporting carrier SIM back into the device, it may/will download their Service Book settings, blowing away your custom Service Book. If someone figures out MMS, please share

Feedback Score

bb torch net

I'm trying to get my net to work on my torch can anyone help me
    Plz I tried the desktop for BlackBerry and magicberry I'm a little confused
    On what to do when using them to edit the service books can someone plz help

Feedback Score
    try this i found this snoopin around on the net

http://www.blackberryforums.com/gene...ing-gmail.html

this might work for you if it does please post a response

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast