Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone get the Blackberry Torch to work with Straight Talk?

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I currently have a Samsung R355c. That is a Verizon phone that I bought from Straighttalk. I really want a blackberry.

My question to yous is: will I be able to make calls, send/receive text messages, send/receive picture mail, and surf the web?

Also, I am new to the apps and service books thing. I know what an app is but could someone explain to me a service book. It has been said on this thread that you may not be able to get service books, since I don't know what a service book is I believe that I will not be bothered by the fact that I may not be able to use them....is this a reasonable assumption?

Feedback Score
    Hondagirl you don't have a sim card in that phone and its impossible to make it work... how ever if u had the nokia e71 thenn u might be able to do something

Sent from my SPH-M900 using HowardForums

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    the service books is what allows you to get the internet, email, and mms working on a blackberry. Since no one (at least no one has reported success) has been able to get the service books working with ST then the only thing that will function are talk and sms.

Carrier
    Straight talk
    Feedback Score

SO close!

Quote Originally Posted by stiby View Post
    Blackberry Service Books can be modified. Use the Blackberry Desktop Software to "Backup" the Service Books. It will not backup the interesting Service Books unless you put the Blackberry (Torch) into a "Legacy SB Restore" mode. Before connecting the Blackberry into your computer, navigate to Options / Device / Advanced System Settings / Service Book and type: alt + S-B-E-B You should momentarily see a "Legacy SB Restore Enabled" notification. Once you've downloaded the Service Books with Blackberry Desktop Software, download a free program called MagicBerry. Version 3.x from CNET worked fine for me. This application is somewhat cumbersome to navigate, but it does the job. With MagicBerry, you want to edit the "Transport" Service Books that contain an APN value. I replaced wap.cingular with att.mvno (to move to Straight Talk's APN). Save the modified Service Book IPD file and restore it to the Blackberry with the BlackBerry Desktop Software. This should enable Internet service for your Blackberry browser. I'm not skilled with the Blackberry and I haven't checked out what would have to be done to get MMS working. I'll also changed the default Blackberry APN configuration directly on the phone in Options / Device / Advanced System Settings / TCP IP, which enabled Internet access for applications like App World. If you put a Blackberry-supporting carrier SIM back into the device, it may/will download their Service Book settings, blowing away your custom Service Book. If someone figures out MMS, please share
    I am at the very end where I need to restore the modified files. I can't find where they were saved. It says C: programfiles/magicberry/(some numbers) but the files are not there. Please help!

Feedback Score
    I just got straight talk and I want to use it on my old AT&T BB torch phone, sjl0614, how did you get it to work, i've downloaded operamini for BB onto the blackberry desktop and have unlocked the phone, what are my next steps to getting phone calls and texts through my blackberry? Any help would be amazing!

Feedback Score
    Ashley/Davis.....I never did get it to work. I ended up going to an iphone4 and everything is great now. Wasn't worth the trouble to figure it out. Jailbroken iPhone 4 has so many tweaks that I am able to get the blackberry features I wanted on the iPhone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2