Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Can you use blackberry with page plus?

Feedback Score

Can you use blackberry with page plus?

I am using page plus now but i want to switch to a blackberry thats flashed for internet. Page plus says they dont support blackberry but i was looking on ebay and theres a couple on there and the guy says he can activate them. is this true?

Feedback Score
    No you can't. That and prepaid Verizon phones are a no go on Page Plus. End of topic.

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Nope. PP won't accept the ESN from a BlackBerry. Now, speaking from experience, a friend bought a bb from a dealer that was set up with opera browser for internet and the dealer activated it on pp. Later, pp did a sweep and booted the phone off.

I've seen lots of phones listed on eBay as Verizon/PagePlus. Be advised, these are not PP phones and are not supported by PP, however PP will activate any Verizon phone that isn't a BB or sold as prepaid.

Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prgls163 View Post
    Nope. PP won't accept the ESN from a BlackBerry. Now, speaking from experience, a friend bought a bb from a dealer that was set up with opera browser for internet and the dealer activated it on pp. Later, pp did a sweep and booted the phone off.

I've seen lots of phones listed on eBay as Verizon/PagePlus. Be advised, these are not PP phones and are not supported by PP, however PP will activate any Verizon phone that isn't a BB or sold as prepaid.
    Not sure you could verify that "pp did a sweep and booted the phone off." BBs that were on were grandfathered in and may continue to work to this day. Must have done something like an ESN or MDN change that took it off service and did not allow it back on.

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This is where it's very important to ask questions. The dealer had phones that were Verizon/Page Plus and phones that were just labled Page Plus.

The phones that were vzw/pp were intended for use on a vzw plan and sold as a replacement phone without a contract. It was up to the purchaser to activate the phone, but they were guranteed to work with a vzw plan. These phones should also work on PP but were not supported for use on PP.

The phones sold as PP only were guranteed and supported to work on PP.

Somehow they activated a BB bold on PP that was labled vzw/pp. A few days later the phone stopped working an the dealer was unable to activate it again. My friend called PP and was informed BB devices were banned and the phone could not be used on PP. My friend went back to the dealer and was informed that the phone was only supported to work on a vzw plan, not PP so he couldn't get his money back. I'm thinking it slipped through an automated system but was caught up with in a day or so.

The dealer is still there and continues to sell BB devices as vzw/pp as per his ad in the local paper. My friend told PP CS about the dealer, but nothing happened.

Phone
    Motorola Razr V3M
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Simple Moble
    Feedback Score
    Generally speaking VZW/PP indicates a phone for use on Verizon Prepaid not Verizon Page Plus. That is the general usage. Not saying this is the case with the dealer in question. In your first sentence you state Verizon/Page Plus, but in susequent sentences use the vzw/pp indicating use on Verizon Prepaid. So the question becomes which way are the phones actually labeled/advertised as vzw/pp or as Verizon/Page Plus. In either case, in my opinion, the dealer was at fault in not offering at least an exchange for a comparable phone that could be in fact be activated without issue on Page Plus if not a refund of the purchase.
    Living life on the edge!
    ==But then I have no life==

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    a big sign above the phones read "For use on the Verizon / Page Plus network" I just shortened it. Another display area was labeled "For use on Verizon prepaid only" Then there was the "For use with Page Plus only" section.

He basically said he does not offer any kind of support, he just has a area in his store with prepaid phones and cards. He'll give you a free activation with a phone purchase, but after that just sells the pins or cards and you have to add them yourself.

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    WAIT! OP can we please get the seller name and/or eBay auction number?

My computer is running slow and my brain is running slower. I've seen phones like a Moto Q9m being sold as a Blackberry, just FYI

Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I was checking out eBay auctions for "BlackBerry on Page Plus" just a couple of weeks ago when they were brought to my attention. One guy even had them branded as Page Plus, logo and all. That had to be shut down. But another one, I emailed him to ask how he could activate them on PP because "I thought they were banned." His reply was that they had been activated before the ban, and were still active. I guess that's possible, but if this guy says that he "can activate them," be skeptical.

Carriers
    ATT,
    Feedback Score
    This is a ridiculous discussion

It is easier to say that Blackberries will not activate on Pageplus and leave it at that. For all intents and purposes BB are banned.

But more than that it is idiotic to discuss this subject with Pageplus corporate reading this and participating in the discussion since the only thing that will come of it is screwing people who were able to pull it off sometime in the past

In other words, shut up

Feedback Score
    ok well what about htc phones. is there any of them that dont work??? i looked on the phones that work i saw a couple people say they activated ones that arent on there

Phone
    Motorola Razr V3M
    Carriers
    Page Plus
    Simple Moble
    Feedback Score
    All other Verizon type phones EXCEPT prepaid and Blackberry may be activated on Page Plus as long as the ESN is good. There's no need to keep asking about this model or that model or if dumb phone only or smart phones are eligible. The ban is ONLY on Blackberry and Verizon prepaid phones and handsets with bad ESN.

Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    teddycoco,

Unless you feel you might need to put the phone on a Verizon plan, if I was you I would do a google search for Pageplus dealers and pick a phone they have to offer. It will come to you fully activated and ready to use. Be careful if using an eBay seller. I'm not really comfortable with telling you that a Verizon branded phone will work because you will have to figure out how to activate the phone and to do that you need to do some reading on the forums and do some google searches online, if you think you can do that without too many questions, an HTC Ozone would make a nice phone for you if you like the Blackberry style. Data even works without any tweeking. If you really want something like a Droid, they will work but you'll have to do lots of research on your own.

Feedback Score
    If you REALLY want the Verizon prepaid network and a Blackberry LEGALLY, you need to try either Verizon prepaid itself (which now allows Blackberries and unlimited data but only the newer models) or H20 cdma (which allows paygo talk/text/mms but no data/Bis/bes).

Other then that you'd have to flash it to a byod cdma carrier like Cricket or Metro.

Page Plus might have a few Berries left before the ban and there are always rumors flying around about "unlimited data" and "blackberry plans coming" for Page Plus but so far all this talk about PPC Bis /Bes is just Bs period without the "i" or "e".

Phone
    blackberry tour
    Carrier
    page plus/verizon
    Feedback Score
    ive had a blackberry tour for a while now on pp. im praying they let bb's back on so i can change my phone number. i gotta keep this number forever now and creditors are callin me off the hook lol.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast