Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "MetroPCS Easy WiFi" breaking wifi completely?

Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

"MetroPCS Easy WiFi" breaking wifi completely?

I've had about 10 LG Androids come back in with wifi issues, the only thing that seems to fix them is rooting the phone and removing this "easy wifi" non-sense.

Is Metro aware this app doesn't work at all? We've got a bunch of our sales people using this phone at our stores, and they would not connect to wifi until this app was removed. They'd connect once, then the network would show up as disabled in the wifi list in settings. Enabling it fixes the problem for a few minutes...
    h

Feedback Score
    so,from what yor are saying,we had better not use this app.my daughter just bought the phone and was going to use the app this weekend in orlando.i'll tell her not to until i see something new posted.

Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Well, it comes with the phone, the only fix I've seen is actually removing it. Data services on it work fine, just not wifi. I am not sure if it's only wifi with encryption or what, but I've had a lot of customers with the issue as well.

Feedback Score
    so what happens when the customer brings one back with the problem.do they give another phone? i am sure they won't root it for you and remove the app.and i also understand you can't root the lg with the newest update,so then what?

Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I will root and remove it, so I don't know what other stores are doing about it. All the stores in my area send them to me lol

Carrier
    MetroPcs
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by janus zeal View Post
    I've had about 10 LG Androids come back in with wifi issues, the only thing that seems to fix them is rooting the phone and removing this "easy wifi" non-sense.

Is Metro aware this app doesn't work at all? We've got a bunch of our sales people using this phone at our stores, and they would not connect to wifi until this app was removed. They'd connect once, then the network would show up as disabled in the wifi list in settings. Enabling it fixes the problem for a few minutes...
    Hello

Just so you know the app easy wifi is not breaking the wifi connection its actually working as intended

what it is doing is when you have the phone unlocked it automatically searches for a stable open connection when it finds this connection it attempts to connect. But now if that connection becomes unstable it disconnects and starts researching for another stable connection this is why alot of customers believe its breaking their wireless connection.

another thing i dont know if easy wifi does this or if its the actual phones software that does this but example

your home on your personal wifi connected and everything is fine now if you let your phone go into standby mode (this is when the screen automatically turns off) the wireless connection disconnects because the power consumption of the phone has just went into stand by (battery save mode) now this is something lg needs to address in conjunction with the easy wifi app creator because when the phone does this it shuts off the wifi too.

now when you key press the phone to bring it out of sleep heres the issue the Easy wifi attempts to reactivate the wifi connection 50% of the time it works and the other 50% of the time it has a problem and you have to drop the notification bar and press Easy wifi and usually bingo it reconnects.

and then easy wifi is not just your connection, what it is is a program that also will scan your surrounding area and find you all those free unlocked connections.

its actually a good app now that i understand it i never have problems with the app yes it is annoying because of how sensitive it is but it works great...

hope this helps

Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I just know that with it there and me sitting 5 feet from the access point it will kick me off while I am actively using the phone, resetting my market downloads etc. I also know that once it's kicked me off the first time it will not allow me to reconnect to our store's wifi (WPA2-PSK). Once I removed the app the phone works on the wifi fine. I've reproduced this behavior in about 9 phones so far.

Feedback Score
    well,she can do without it for the weekend by then we should have enough comments from others if they are having problems.well i am glad to see at least one dealer helps people out.every time we have had a problem in the past the dealers tell us we have to take it to the corp.store and you know how helpful they are.
    Last edited by dpater47; 01-19-2011 at 02:33 PM. Reason: left out part

Carrier
    MetroPcs
    Feedback Score
    I just know that with it there and me sitting 5 feet from the access point it will kick me off while I am actively using the phone, resetting my market downloads etc. I also know that once it's kicked me off the first time it will not allow me to reconnect to our store's wifi (WPA2-PSK). Once I removed the app the phone works on the wifi fine. I've reproduced this behavior in about 9 phones so far.
    thats weird im on a (wpa2-psk) and i never have those problems i dont know why its doing that next time a phone does this scroll down the notification bar, press and hold the wireless icon, not the easy wifi but the actual wifi icon and when the next menu opens see if it says connected but the easy wifi icon is still off.

Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by baysiderider View Post
    thats weird im on a (wpa2-psk) and i never have those problems i dont know why its doing that next time a phone does this scroll down the notification bar, press and hold the wireless icon, not the easy wifi but the actual wifi icon and when the next menu opens see if it says connected but the easy wifi icon is still off.
    It won't connect, that's the issue, I can click on the network and click connect. I will say 'Authenticating...', 'Getting IP address...', then it just disconnects and shows up in the list as 'Disabled', I know it's not bad settings or whatever because it does connect (it shows up in the router's client and dhcp table).

Carrier
    MetroPcs
    Feedback Score
    It won't connect, that's the issue, I can click on the network and click connect. I will say 'Authenticating...', 'Getting IP address...', then it just disconnects and shows up in the list as 'Disabled', I know it's not bad settings or whatever because it does connect (it shows up in the router's client and dhcp table).

ok with that im truly lost i have not experienced any of that and from the way it sounds im glad i have not.

maybe it is a problem in some phones and in other phones its not i dont know now lol...

Phone
    LG Optimus M
    Carrier
    metroPCS
    Feedback Score
    i never have those issues either

Carrier
    MetroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Mine works great at picking up wifi.
    To solve the dropped wifi issue, I just set the wifi settings to never disconnect on standby.
    From school to malls i get moderate to good wifi connection.. almost feels like im on 3g since open wifi is almost everywhere now days.

Phone
    Nexus 5 (LG-D820), Galaxy Nexus GT-i9250
    Carriers
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wollf View Post
    Mine works great at picking up wifi.
    To solve the dropped wifi issue, I just set the wifi settings to never disconnect on standby.
    From school to malls i get moderate to good wifi connection.. almost feels like im on 3g since open wifi is almost everywhere now days
    EXACTLY. The people having problems are having it disconnect on standby (when it times out and screen goes dark), then it constantly tried to reconnect when you use the phone a couple of minutes later.

I love Easy Wi-Fi. It gives access to over 500,000 free hotspots nationwide. It's one of the apps that is NOT bloatware.
    Your creed may be interesting, but your deeds are much more convincing.

Phone
    LG Optimus M
    Carrier
    metroPCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChazzMatt View Post
    EXACTLY. The people having problems are having it disconnect on standby (when it times out and screen goes dark), then it constantly tried to reconnect when you use the phone a couple of minutes later.

I love Easy Wi-Fi. It gives access to over 500,000 free hotspots nationwide. It's one of the apps that is NOT bloatware.
    if you dont change that setting you will constantly have to turn off and then back on the wifi...just like you said

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast