Thread: Mobi Payment Online

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carriers
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Mobi Payment Online

Hey guys, just curious for people who's been making payments online (which I assume is almost everybody) how long does it take the payment to go through? My payment due date is today (Jan. 20) and I paid really early in the morning (like around 1:30am) and my account still shows that my payment due date is today (I paid with MC).

Just wondering whether I should wait and see if it'll go through later or should I go to a store or call CS to see if they can speed up the process since I was on the fence with Mobi and Wind (but have made a final decision on staying with Mobi) and left the payment till the last day. I don't want to lose my F&F plan now, thanks for any input guys~

Phone
    LG Optimus Black (in White)
    Carrier
    Telus - coporate plan
    Feedback Score
    You wont lose your F&F plan, you have to be 1mth(30days) late payment to get your account suspended/lose your promo plan
    I cracked & signed up with Telus. I couldnt resist the Free Phone, $300 airtime credit, and EPP ($20+tax : 350mins, unlimited early evngs /wknds, cd, vm, unlimited NA txts, NO SAFS or 911) With the $300 credit its like having a free year of phone service.

Phone
    Galaxy S3, Note 2, Bold 9900, Q10
    Carrier
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Isn't the payment accepted immediately? If I pay with my Visa, the payment is automatically cleared.

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carriers
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Ahh...I just called Mobi up and apparently when I make a payment on my due date (Jan. 20) it will say something like "Amount Due On Jan 20, is $0.00" where the $0.00 means I've paid. I was confused because I thought the message was supposed to say "Amount Due On Feb 20, is $44.80".

My bad, but I get it now so hopefully if anyone else was confused on that, it'll clear up for them as well.

On another note, let's say I'm going on a 4 week vacation starting Feb.19 and won't be back until March 18, does it mean that I can not pay for a month, then come back and top up again on March 18 and still have the F&F Plan?

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile Canada
    SpeakOut
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ECBomb View Post
    Ahh...I just called Mobi up and apparently when I make a payment on my due date (Jan. 20) it will say something like "Amount Due On Jan 20, is $0.00" where the $0.00 means I've paid. I was confused because I thought the message was supposed to say "Amount Due On Feb 20, is $44.80".

My bad, but I get it now so hopefully if anyone else was confused on that, it'll clear up for them as well.

On another note, let's say I'm going on a 4 week vacation starting Feb.19 and won't be back until March 18, does it mean that I can not pay for a month, then come back and top up again on March 18 and still have the F&F Plan?
    Kinda... you'll have to pay $10 to reset the billing date or something like that I think.

Else, you pay for the month anyways (for the amount due feb 20, then have amount due still owing for March 20). That's my vague understanding, been previously discussed before I believe unless I'm thinking in the wind forum.
    Last edited by sengook; 01-20-2011 at 02:56 PM. Reason: clarification
    roaming...

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carriers
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sengook View Post
    Kinda... you'll have to pay $10 to reset the billing date or something like that I think.

Else, you pay for the month anyways (for the amount due feb 20, then have amount due still owing for March 20). That's my vague understanding, been previously discussed before I believe unless I'm thinking in the wind forum.
    Hm...I guess what you're saying is that my billing date would be switched from the 20th to the 18th and I would be forced to pay the $10 fee? But then again I'm not requesting for a change in billing date, I'm just a month late on paying my bill, and I am supposedly still eligible for the F&F Plan because I believe their policy is after 60 days of no payment, then they will shut down the account. Whereas anytime before that, I'm still good to pay my bill and have my account in good shape. Hope I'm making sense.

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile Canada
    SpeakOut
    Feedback Score
    Hm...I guess what you're saying is that my billing date would be switched from the 20th to the 18th and I would be forced to pay the $10 fee? But then again I'm not requesting for a change in billing date, I'm just a month late on paying my bill, and I am supposedly still eligible for the F&F Plan because I believe their policy is after 60 days of no payment, then they will shut down the account. Whereas anytime before that, I'm still good to pay my bill and have my account in good shape. Hope I'm making sense.
    you'll still be eligible and you don't HAVE to pay the $10.. but you have these two situations (i think that's it):

1) Pay $10+Month bill move billing date from March 20th to 18th. Amount Owing March 18 = $0.00 Amount owing April 18 = Monthly bill.

2) Pay monthly bill on the 18th of march... Amount Owing March 20 = monthly bill (WTF ppl say). Amount owing April 20 = monthly bill.

both situations you keep the FF plan. Also, it's not 100% 60 days sometimes it happens earlier is what I heard as well, but 30 days is for sure safe, after the next month bill aka in your 2nd month of non-payment you can go into cancelation anytime in that time period because mobi's system apparently is that random. However, again it might just be a scare tactic (aka a bluff).

Anyways those are the situations as I recall there might be another option but can't remember atm. sorry but hope that clears it up.

and to reassure you, that the situation you gave, you'll keep the FF plan regardless of the two options you pick (that I mentioned).

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carriers
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Ya, I'm hoping that I won't be affected much, but regardless thanks for the info sengook~

Carrier
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Mobi accouting screwed up my account when it was indeed paid in full and on time. Keep your confirmation and forward to them as this is the only proof you have of payment.

Carrier
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score

mobi has some of the best roaming/long distance rates. why wouldn't you just bring your phone for emergencies anyways?
    Managed to get Mobilicity to act and improve on 4 items.

Phone
    iPhone 5
    Carriers
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jokeracing View Post
    Mobi accouting screwed up my account when it was indeed paid in full and on time. Keep your confirmation and forward to them as this is the only proof you have of payment.
    That's what online billing can do, and yes I agree, do keep your confirmation number (as I do all the time with whatever I deal with online).

Quote Originally Posted by quickinferno View Post
    mobi has some of the best roaming/long distance rates. why wouldn't you just bring your phone for emergencies anyways?
    That's because I'll be in Asia and I believe roaming there is could possibly cost me an arm and leg (but I could be wrong). I'll prob just pay the bill anyways and let my gf try Mobi out for a month and see how it works for her.