Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Are Smart Phones Making Pedestrians Dumb?

Device(s)
    Current: White I9100
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Some woman was walking across the street at a crosswalk earlier today as she was texting somebody. I honked my horn and she nearly dropped the phone. It was hilarious

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I think it's good that dumb people have access to smartphones. If it helps kill them off, so much the better.

While we're at it, I recommend removing the warning labels to a LOT of things.
    Ryan - My Feedback

my flickr

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Geez, you guys are so negative...
    What is Understood, Need Not Be Discussed...."

Feedback Score
    hahah.. although smartphones and technology bring our life lot easier.. some goes out of control.. i think we need to address that.. more information dissemination.. we all need that.. one in a while. to be reminded..

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Incredible y cool : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; ADR6300 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote Originally Posted by ZOMGuy
    It's all over the tech blogs. It's on Android as far as I know, I don't think iOS.
    Ultra Keyboard has it built in.
    I've got it on my Incredible but don't know what other platforms carry Ultra Keyboard.
    I never use it, the text can wait a few minutes or I can slide one thumbed (portrait mode, slider keypad) if it's that important.
    People started being dumb long before smart phones. I'm a firm believer in deevolution. In my generation alone I've witnessed the ability to reason and problem solve without computer aid fall dramatically. As we get more tech smart we seem to be having less and less common sense, or at least the ability and/or use it.
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Texting Woman Falls Through Sidewalk Access Door In North Jersey
    A woman was injured in northern New Jersey Thursday afternoon when she fell 6 feet through a sidewalk access door while distracted by her cell phone.

The incident, recorded by a surveillance camera, happened just after noon in front of Acme Windows on Somerset Street in Plainfield.

Authorities say the 67-year-old woman appeared to be texting when she fell through the open doors.

She fell 6 feet to the floor below.

A girl and woman walking in the other direction saw it all, and in just a few moments, a crowd gathered to see what happened.

The Plainfield Fire Division rescued the woman from the hole and rushed her to an area hospital for treatment of serious injuries.
    The access doors were open because crews were repairing gas lines in the area.

The victim was listed in serious condition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2