Thread: What is this icon that is stuck on my taskbar?

Device(s)
    Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    USCellular
    Feedback Score

What is this icon that is stuck on my taskbar?

Anyone know what this icon means? This is a droid X I just received as a replacement for my old one which had a bad headphone jack. I can't get it to go away and its instantly there after every reset. It doesn't have any animation to it or anything. I don't believe its from a 3rd party app as I've gone through and ended them all (I don't have very many).

Thanks for the help!

Edit~ I noticed VZW Backup Assistant uses this icon. But when I run backup assistant I just get another one all the way to the left of the taskbar and it actually had animation to it. Then goes away after a sync.

Device(s)
    Alcatel Idol 4S Windows 10
    Carrier(s)
    T- Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Isn't that the sync icon. If this is a new replacement, once you login to google, it has to sync your contacts, etc. I think that is the icon for it.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thats the Bluetooth icon. It must be set to on, you can turn it off from the widget or the Wireless and Network Settings. If you have a bluetooth device paired and connected it changes to blue with white symbol.

Sent via the HowardForums Android app

Device(s)
    Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    USCellular
    Feedback Score
    No I'm not talking about the Bluetooth Icon. I mean the black infinite arrows to the left of the bluetooth icon. I think you called it cyberstoic! I tried restoring all my settings and apps onto my replacement phone using Titanium Backup Pro and since then this icon has been stuck there. The replacement was defective so I tried to restore onto another replacement and the same thing happen..

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    My bad I should've clicked on the pic, yeah that's the sync icon. Its syncing your data, contacts, etc.

Feedback Score
    It's definitely the sync icon.

Device(s)
    Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    USCellular
    Feedback Score
    It had to have been. Thanks a lot Everyone for your help! I was using Titanium Backup and it was messing something up to where that icon was stuck. I didn't use it to restore my settings on my latest DroidX and all is well. Did use it to restore app settings though.

Thanks Again!

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Good to hear, a setting must've gotten corrupted in the backup. It happens because nothing is fool proof, time to enjoy your phone again.

Device(s)
    Moto X Developer
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It's definitely the sync icon.

Device(s)
    Touch Pro (Cricket)
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mav3rick478 View Post
    Thats the Bluetooth icon. It must be set to on, you can turn it off from the widget or the Wireless and Network Settings. If you have a bluetooth device paired and connected it changes to blue with white symbol.

Lmfao... sorry not tryin to be an ***. I thought the same thing till i clicked the pic. Lol

2mb test results...

Device(s)
    1st Cell Phone purchased - a 1990 Cellular-One bag phone.
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Only
    Feedback Score
    Not the Sync Icon!!! It's the Media Share Icon. I shows up when your phone is in range of a media share device. It can be disabled by going to the Media Share application and then un-checking the box marked "Connection Notification".

So this answer is 4 months late. I hadn't noticed this thread before... lol

Device(s)
    Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    USCellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BiggyBoY View Post
    Not the Sync Icon!!! It's the Media Share Icon. I shows up when your phone is in range of a media share device. It can be disabled by going to the Media Share application and then un-checking the box marked "Connection Notification".

So this answer is 4 months late. I hadn't noticed this thread before... lol
    I appreciate the response. Unfortunately, You are incorrect. The media share icon is very similar but doesn't have arrows - just dots\circles at the end and appears on the left side of the bar (At least on my Droid X).

Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The actual culprit is BlurContactsSync.apk and it is known to happen if you don't wipe data when switching between some firmware versions.

If you have root you can freeze or uninstall that app and it will solve the problem.
    kbman

Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

Read more, post less.

Device(s)
    Alcatel Idol 4S Windows 10
    Carrier(s)
    T- Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kbman View Post
    The actual culprit is BlurContactsSync.apk and it is known to happen if you don't wipe data when switching between some firmware versions.

If you have root you can freeze or uninstall that app and it will solve the problem.
    Are you sure about that, reason I ask is .....I flash back and forth between the latest miui (both miuiandroid.com and miui.us) and the latest cyanogenmod nightly. I see that infinity arrow a lot, and I don't have a motorola or any blur, I have a nexus one so it would be odd to see that if it is a blur contacts icon. Of course it is possible that the miui rom chefs incorporated that arrow design for sync on the miui rom.

Just askin.