Thread: StraightTalk versus Boost

Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score

StraightTalk versus Boost

So who's better? I'm referring to the unlimited plans only and specifically the StraightTalk AT&T use any phone you want while your Nokia collects dust plan, no 1 minute a decade users please versus the Boost plans shrinkage and all.

Lets hear it - rip each other apart fanboys!

I'm keeping my opinion a hush hush secret till the thread matures.

This should be interesting.
    Last edited by offthegrid; 01-23-2011 at 09:20 PM.

Phones
    Nokia 5310 w/Jabra BT250V handsfree, Nokia 6010, Nokia 6030
    Nokia 6310i, Nokia 8310 (Europe)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile US, Fido, T-Mobile NL, Orange IL
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by offthegrid View Post
    So who's better?

Lets hear it - rip each other apart fanboys!

I'm keeping my opinion a hush hush secret till the thread matures.

This should be interesting.
    Ah, when the trolls come back to Trollhaven
    Moderator yahoogroups forum T-Mobile-US http://groups.yahoo.com/group/T-Mobile-US

Phones
    att , nokia 1100, moto 376g
    iPhone 4s-64 + many others
    Carriers
    att, trac, pageplus
    Feedback Score
    It depends on what you want. There are advantages and disadvantages of each. Boost you can keep alive for 10 every 3 months. You can also have data for 10 a month. This is good for a low use option if you are in a good sprint coverage area. Unlimited everything would be 50-60 a month (blackberry is higher). St Tlk would be either vzw or Att towers. The vzw phones have generally crippled web access the Att smart phones on St Tlk are pretty good. The lowest per month is 30 up to 45 a month which is good for high use but not as good as boost for low use. For low use with using a lot internet use and few minutes boost (assuming you have good sprint service). For high use straight talk.

The first priority however which company works where you live work and play. That is what really dictates what you get. And then how much you use the phone is next . Boost is more flexible. Except for their blackberry option which is 60 a month. And remember the Att smArtphones are a minimum of 45 a month.
    trying to come up with better signature.......

Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    Given that certain Boost users used to populate every forum here declaring superiority regardless of coverage I'm wondering how they'll change up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Telekom View Post
    Ah, when the trolls come back to Trollhaven

Feedback Score
    Almost went boost but their choice of android phones was less than desirable. Went Virgin Mobile. Better droid phone and much better price on the hardware. Price is the same for service, and the service is good enough. Was with US Cellular for 7 years and Virgin is at least as good as US. At least in my area.

Straight Talk is petter priced though lacking in phone choice for smart phones. Call quality and text are as good as Virgin, though internet is a bit slower. But still gets the job done.

Last I heard. Sprint is said to merge Virgin and Boost about mid year and the merger will run under the Virgin banner.
    Also roomer has it that StraightTalk will pick up droid and iphones this year.
    Time will tell.

Carrier
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    Well Boost is better in the service department. They are a division of Sprint, so the Sprint overlords can fix things that go awry. Straight Talk has absolutely atrocious customer care. If you were asking about an ST CDMA device, I'd say go ST for the coverage. Since you want a GSM device with them, it's basically at&t versus Sprint. I'd definitely pick Sprint. at&t doesn't have enough more coverage than Sprint does to make it worth the headache.

Carriers
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    The StraightTalk people on the gsm side can put any phone on there now including iPhones although how long that will last is open ended.

I'd agree with the merging of Boost and Virgin maybe Birgen or Voost :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1911 View Post
    Almost went boost but their choice of android phones was less than desirable. Went Virgin Mobile. Better droid phone and much better price on the hardware. Price is the same for service, and the service is good enough. Was with US Cellular for 7 years and Virgin is at least as good as US. At least in my area.

Straight Talk is petter priced though lacking in phone choice for smart phones. Call quality and text are as good as Virgin, though internet is a bit slower. But still gets the job done.

Last I heard. Sprint is said to merge Virgin and Boost about mid year and the merger will run under the Virgin banner.
    Also roomer has it that StraightTalk will pick up droid and iphones this year.
    Time will tell.