Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LG Revolution Release Thread

Feedback Score

Thumbs up LG Revolution Release Thread

Seems nice but I'm not sure how big of a hit it will be since it will not have dual core and the bionic which is coming out around the same time will

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I handled both at CES and I'd definitely take the Bionic over the Revolution, but it did better than I expected. It managed a little over 2,200 on Quadrant which is the highest score I've seen for a stock phone that isn't dual-core.

The real concern I have for the Revolution is that it is looking like it will be getting the Bing treatment which would put it on the do not buy list for me.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Seems like no one really cares much for the Revolution.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    Seems like no one really cares much for the Revolution.
    I have actually been doing a bit of research into this phone. I am up for a new every two upgrade, and have yet to dive into the smartphone realm. As such, I have been browsing the blogs and forums for info and have decided to sign up here.

I am definitely going 4g, and am not interested in waiting for the Motorola, and have left my choice up to the Samsung and the LG. I have had good experiences in the past with Samsung and LG products, and they both seem to have similar specs. Therefore it will come down to other factors (battery life, UI, etc.)

Quick questions: I see that Bing comes factory with the LG. Would it possible to make Google the default search on it? Also, I have read that Samsung does not provide timely firmware/software updates. Is this true?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BattNotIncl View Post
    I have actually been doing a bit of research into this phone. I am up for a new every two upgrade, and have yet to dive into the smartphone realm. As such, I have been browsing the blogs and forums for info and have decided to sign up here.

I am definitely going 4g, and am not interested in waiting for the Motorola, and have left my choice up to the Samsung and the LG. I have had good experiences in the past with Samsung and LG products, and they both seem to have similar specs. Therefore it will come down to other factors (battery life, UI, etc.)

Quick questions: I see that Bing comes factory with the LG. Would it possible to make Google the default search on it? Also, I have read that Samsung does not provide timely firmware/software updates. Is this true?
    I would say that Samsung is the worst time frame for updates, followed closely by HTC and LG. Motorola seems to update the most out of the bunch.

Device(s)
    The New Hotness
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    The thing I like about the LG Revolution is the amount of internal memory (12GB) compared to the Samsung Charge & HTC Thunderbolt (2GB).

The amount of internal memory plays a HUGE role in how much enjoyment someone gets from their Android device. Power Users download hundreds of applications over the lifetime of a device. And only a small percentage of applications currently support being moved to an installed microSD card (25 - 40%).

The Bing thing does really suck but you can install and use Google Search. But you'll probably not be able to make it the "default" search engine (which sucks).
    Internet talk is cheap.

Man up, Show up, or Shut the @#$! up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Snap315 View Post
    The thing I like about the LG Revolution is the amount of internal memory (12GB) compared to the Samsung Charge & HTC Thunderbolt (2GB).

The amount of internal memory plays a HUGE role in how much enjoyment someone gets from their Android device. Power Users download hundreds of applications over the lifetime of a device. And only a small percentage of applications currently support being moved to an installed microSD card (25 - 40%).

The Bing thing does really suck but you can install and use Google Search. But you'll probably not be able to make it the "default" search engine (which sucks).
    Bing makes the phone a no-deal. I am as dead set against Bing as I am against a windows phone of any flavor.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Changed to the Release Thread.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I currently have the Samsung Charge and am very disappointed..

I am currently torn between the Revolution and the Thunderbolt.

If I go with the Thunderbolt I will have to get the extended battery.

But the Bing integration is a deal breaker for me also..

I will probably head down to the VZW store and play with the Revolution for a bit and go from there.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I am also within two weeks of purchasing the Charge, otherwise I'd probably wait for the Bionic..

I just wonder what the battery life is like on the Revolution. Haven't seen ANY reviews on this phone yet. ):

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Posted my review of the phone today. I like it, but there's not really much that sets it apart.

http://cellphoneforums.net/cell-phon...on-review.html

Device(s)
    blackberry tour
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Isn't this phone the only LTE phone at the moment that uses the technology for actual phone calls?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesflames View Post
    Isn't this phone the only LTE phone at the moment that uses the technology for actual phone calls?
    No. The Revolution was used just to demo VoLTE, but it will not be out until next year.

Device(s)
    VZW Galaxy Nexus / Google Nexus 7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like the look and feel of it. I'm not to thrilled about the Bing thing but now that it's been rooted we have a lot more flexibility. Any word on the bootloader on this thing? Also, the quadrant scores blow the charge away.

My Feedback

Free eBook, worth a read.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast