Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: LG Revolution Release Thread

Device(s)
    Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve.G View Post
    I like the look and feel of it. I'm not to thrilled about the Bing thing but now that it's been rooted we have a lot more flexibility. Any word on the bootloader on this thing? Also, the quadrant scores blow the charge away.
    Charge coverted filesystem to ext gets 1600 quadrant. BTW....Quadrant means ****.

Device(s)
    VZW Galaxy Nexus / Google Nexus 7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by suzook View Post
    Charge coverted filesystem to ext gets 1600 quadrant. BTW....Quadrant means ****.
    I realize quadrant is not the gold standard, but it's still a rudimentary indicator of performance. The charge does feel snappy also, but I'm a little gunshy from Samsung ATM.

My Feedback

Free eBook, worth a read.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Got the demo unit of the Revolution yesterday.
    So far, it has the best 4G signal reception between the three LTE phones that are out. The Thunderbolt is 2nd, but still occasionally changes to 3G when inside. The Droid Charge was always dropping to 3G even when outside.
    The Revolution also has the fastest GPS lock when using Google Maps, only taking 3-4 seconds. The ThunderBolt and Droid Charge usually take 30-60 seconds.
    Call quality seems OK for the most part, no distortion in the earpiece, but voices sound a bit "thin". Speakerphone and music playback isn't that loud with the tiny speaker on the back.
    I'm not a big fan of the way the app drawer is set into categorized menus. Would rather have it as standard alphabetized.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So what you're saying is a custom launcher is a must on this device. I found if I erased all the categories the app drawer was a lot nicer to deal with. Launcher Pro or ADW would also remedy this.
    I actually really like this device.

sent from my OG Droid

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    So what you're saying is a custom launcher is a must on this device. I found if I erased all the categories the app drawer was a lot nicer to deal with. Launcher Pro or ADW would also remedy this.

sent from my OG Droid
    If I were to purchase the Revolution, then using LauncherPro is a must. The Thunderbolt still has the best on-screen appearence with the HTC Sense.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    One of my customers has stated that the wifi radio on his Revolution doesn't work as well as the one on his Incredible. Jury is still out on this one, but it appears to just not pull in as strong. Other than that he loves the phone, and because he had a Dinc with stock battery he's used to having chargers throughout the house.

Device(s)
    HTC Rezound
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

sent from my OG Droid
    I installed adw launcher and I did like the app drawer better with adw but since most of the widgets are LG Home based, when you use adw u can't use the android power control widget so i uninstalled adw and am trying to get used to the waythe app drawer is not in alphabetical order and it still separates downloads from system apps.. even after deleting all the categories.. no to bad right now but the speaker when listenting to music is pretty bad compared to my D2

also for some reason my phone will not update to the new market version ??

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
    I installed adw launcher and I did like the app drawer better with adw but since most of the widgets are LG Home based, when you use adw u can't use the android power control widget so i uninstalled adw and am trying to get used to the waythe app drawer is not in alphabetical order and it still separates downloads from system apps.. even after deleting all the categories.. no to bad right now but the speaker when listenting to music is pretty bad compared to my D2

also for some reason my phone will not update to the new market version ??
    I haven't tried LauncherPro on it yet, so not sure if it will allow the use of the LG Optimus widgets on the desktop. But I do know that with the Droid X it will load the Motorola widgets.

I've also seen that the newer version of the Android Market has yet to install on the Revolution. Not sure why.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I could have sworn I installed the latest version. With most of these devices you have to launch and accept the terms and then the market update will happen automatically in less than a minute. As far as Launcher Pro is works great on this device but you do lose some of the widgets (Accuweather, etc) but of course you can just download other weather widgets. I'm a big fan of the weatherbug one since it goes in your status bar.

Device(s)
    HTC Rezound
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    if finally updated to the new market version on it's own but it wasn't as fast as previous phones that I have had.. I have been watching xda for last couple of days and it seems a user over there almost has a completely work CWM recovery and the stock firmware was released over there too.. so hopefully we can get some different ROM choices coming....
    **edit*
    i will say other than the way the app drawer is laid out I am impressed with the speed of the LG Home launcher. Other than if i try to do stuff before it has completely booted up or right after an app installs there seems to be no lag in fact sometimes it goes faster than i am used to and i have to go back up the app i wanted
    Last edited by lazarus; 06-12-2011 at 01:11 PM. Reason: adding more comments

Device(s)
    The New Hotness
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tavenger5 View Post
    Posted my review of the phone today. I like it, but there's not really much that sets it apart.

http://cellphoneforums.net/cell-phon...on-review.html
    I didn't see it mentioned in your review (which was nicve BTW), does the LG Revolution have Gorilla Glass? Everything I've researched says it does not.

Internet talk is cheap.

Man up, Show up, or Shut the @#$! up.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Storm
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Snap315 View Post
    I didn't see it mentioned in your review (which was nicve BTW), does the LG Revolution have Gorilla Glass? Everything I've researched says it does not.

It's not listed on their site: http://www.corninggorillaglass.com/p...ith-gorilla/lg but there must be something protecting that large glass screen.

Thanks, glad you liked it.

Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    I got the Revolution, it was a very nice phone but had problems that were unsolvable. The big one was it couldn't connect to my PC w/o continually popping up a USB error message. I got all the latest drivers but found the best bet was to delete all of them and use whatever came with Win7 64bit. That made the problem less frequent but still awful. I got my phonebook and calendar loaded using MyPhoneExplorer (free app) and WiFi connection.

I was unable to configure my eMail, VZW CS said LG had blocked my ISP on the Revolution (???), I called LG, the CS there said that was the way it was and if I didn't like it, tell someone who gave a damn! That was the end of me and LG!

Back to VZW store, showed person I couldn't set up email, they tried with the store demo and failed, I left with a Thunderbolt. It connects to my PC w/o error, email set right up and all is fine!

FWIW: The Revolution has an absolutely GREAT camera, battery life is fair for an Android, UI is horrible but could be fixed by rooting and flashing but the email, USB problems and LG's CS attitude is a deal breaker.

Goodby to my first and last LG phone.
    It's me again...

Device(s)
    Moto Maxx (XT1225, LG Nexus 5 (LG-D820)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T GoPhone
    Feedback Score

Displayed RAM?

First, I know the LG Revolution has 512MB RAM, as listed in official specs. I am not questioning that. What I would like to know is how much RAM is shown for this phone using Android System app or Android Assistant? If it doesn't show 512MB RAM, that's OK. In fact if it shows something like 317MB RAM, that's even better.

I'm asking because MetroPCS is now testing the LTE LG Esteem -- which is based on the LTE LG Revolution. One tester says he's only seeing 317MB RAM, while other sources say it will have 512MB RAM just like the LG Revolution. So, I'm curious how much RAM shows on YOUR phones?

I suspect that 317MB RAM is REALLY 512MB RAM. Here's why... I have an LG Optimus phone on Metro and while official specs say 512MB RAM, both theses apps and others show only 423MB total RAM. It's been explained to me anomaly is because the system reserves some of the RAM and you will never see that when using these system apps to show RAM.

If these apps show something like 317 MB RAM for the LG Revolution, that would actually be consistent with the way other LG phones show for total RAM.

And again, I'm not suggesting the official specs are wrong -- I'm just saying these apps can't show real total RAM for some reason.
    Last edited by ChazzMatt; 08-08-2011 at 10:38 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2