Thread: 4G LTE on PagePlus?

Phone
    HTC Droid Eris
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score

4G LTE on PagePlus?

Does anyone know if/how 4G will work with PagePlus? First of all, would 4G even work? And if so, would it just use the 50mb of data (1200 tnt plan) like a 3G phone, except faster? Do you think it will cost more?

I currently am using an Eris on PPC and am looking to upgrade and I'm trying to decide between getting an Incredible or waiting for a 4G phone, if it'll work on PPC.

Thanks!

Phones
    Droid X
    LG vx6000
    dare
    Carrier
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    You might want to check coverage.
    http://network4g.verizonwireless.com/#/coverage
    There will still be very limited 4g through 2011. Here in Indiana, only West Lafayette is, and will be covered.

I would go 3g for another year or so, unless you live in one of those cities.

That said, I would think 4g will work fine with Pageplus.

Sent with Droid X via the HowardForums Android app
    vx6000>enV>dare>droid x

Phones
    droid x
    DROID X
    Carrier
    PPC
    Feedback Score
    when phones are available with the technology, they won’t be using LTE for voice, instead they will revert back to the older CDMA tech. Verizon has not come clear if this means users will be able to use voice and data simultaneously

Phone
    Palm Centro
    Carrier
    pageplus
    Feedback Score
    The upcoming Htc thunderbolt is able to do this feat.

Feedback Score
    It will be awhile before 4G is offered to most prepaid carriers unless that is all they do (like Metro w/ their LTE). Tmobile/Simple Mobile has 4G like speeds right now on their HSPA plus network though technically it's advanced 3G. Only two devices though, the G2 and MyTouch4G. But that should be changing this year.
    There will be a lot of 4G speed capable Droids coming out of Sprint, Tmobile and Att this year to counter the disadvantage of the ViPhone/no 4G.

Feedback Score
    Doesn't seem like it will matter much though if you can only have 100MB of data on the 1200 min. plan, right?

Feedback Score
    I m in chicago downtown and I m getting 4G (2.5 mb/sec) via Blackberry Storm with TNT 1200 MIn. 2000 txt and 100mb Plan...

4G does not matter if you have 100MB or 20MB....

Right?

Phones
    Droid 2 / Palm Centro Back Up
    Sprint MetroBerry 8530 Test Phone
    PPlackBerry 8703e Test Phone
    Carriers
    Verizon / Page Plus
    H2O / Simple Mobile / Airvoice
    Feedback Score
    My understanding is the phone has to be built for 4G, its not just something you get becuase your in the coverage area that has 4g. Page Plus wont be running 4g any time soon. If you want a 4g or lte feature/device, go to metro for a prepaid if you got it in your area. But you can use a 4g phone in a 3g area. So a 4g phone should work on Page Plus and its 3g x1/evdo connection.

Thats how I understand it. Thats, why sprint/verizon/tmobile offer 4g devices..... They had to come up with phones to run off the 4G frequency.
    ~Mark

I'm a CDMA Guru are you? www . cdmagurus . com

Feedback Score
    From my experience 4G has not been released from Verizon yet and is in limited testing areas.

Pageplus doesn't have a 4G agreement with Verizon. It is possible that the above poster has just switch and pending the full Pageplus system transition. Mine didn't happend to 30 days later.

Also even if Verizon gave PagePlus access to their network you will still require the Verizon Phone security keys.
    EVO 3D P+ CleanRom

Feedback Score
    Just wait till later this year. I'd rather have fully developed 3G rather then half baked 4G. It's like a hot forty year old vs a weird looking twenty year old . I'll take the forty please.

But seriously, there is only ONE LTE /4G device and that requires the new Verizon LTE sim system. How the heck is this going to work with mvnos has not been addressed yet and quite frankly, I don't think it will be for a while. Not until there are enough 4G Verizon phones out there and the mvnos get a crack at it. Which won't be happening very soon. Byod+Verizon+ loads of data+cheap just ain't happening with any mvno.

Page Plus finally got a 100 megs on their 1200 TNT and we're rejoicing but that's a long ways from the unlimited that Verizon prepaid gets. And of course Verizon prepaid costs an arm and two legs.

Who wants to pay $125 for unlimited everything, even if it is on the Verizon network ?
    Not if you're in a comparable Tmo, Att, Sprint area and can get unlimited (near) everything for $45 and up thanks to their prepaid divisions, mvnos (especially Straight Talk).

$125. You can get three Metro or two Simple Mobile plans and have change left over. Jeez.