Thread: Verizon Opera Mini

Feedback Score

Thumbs up Verizon Opera Mini

As I recall, not many thought this would happen (including me), but amazingly enough it looks like the BREW version of Verizon Opera Mini (version 5) has just recently been made available--for free--in VZW's Media Center.

http://mediastore.verizonwireless.co...Type=APPLICATN

So far it seems like it might just only be there for the LG enV2 (LG VX9100) and LG enV3 (LG VX9200), but the fact that it's there at all for feature phones is already something. Let's hope it makes it to more phones and keeps on being supported and updated.

This, in addition to a few other free BREW applications that VZW offers for a lot of the feature phones--like Bing, Social Beat, as well as V CAST Song ID and Backup Assistant--just further expands what's available for free to those with feature phones (both newer and even older).

Phone
    Incredible
    Carrier
    Assimilated on Aug 7 1993
    Feedback Score
    Good stuff CDM.
    Glad to see your post .

Support Our Troops!!
    This post was Tapatalk approved.
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Phones
    Motorola ATRIX 2
    Verizon iPhone 4S (Wife's)
    Carriers
    Straight Talk, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Good find CDM. That's awesome news, I hope they make it available for the Samsung Reality.

Phones
    Verizon iPhone
    Droid Maxx
    Carriers
    Verizon Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Wow. That is a good find. Can't believe it's compatible with my old enV2.

Good to see you back, C DM!

Quote Originally Posted by From "My Opera" forums
    Good news (better late than never ) - If you're an owner of a Verizon Wireless branded LG VX9100 or VX9200 phone, you should now be able to get your hands on a custom BREW version of Opera Mini through the Verizon Wireless Applications catalog. Somewhere in the menu system on your phone there is an option called Get New Applications from where you should be able to find and download Opera Mini - free of charge (cost for data traffic may apply.)

Having Opera Mini available on a Verizon Wireless BREW phone is a first for us at Opera, so please do take it for a spin and let us know what you think!

Support for other Verizon Wireless BREW models are pending - we'll let you know as soon as there is more good news.

Phones
    Palm Pixi Plus
    LG enV Touch
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    It is now also available for the enV Touch (LG VX11000).

Phones
    Motorola ATRIX 2
    Carriers
    Straight Talk, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I installed Opera Mini on my wife's LG Env3 yesterday and it seems to work really well although I haven't had much time to really play around with it. I like it better than the Verizon browser pre-installed on the phone. I really hope they make it available for the Samsung Reality.

Feedback Score
    Looks like there's finally some official information about Verizon Opera Mini from VZW/Opera--and it should already be available for some more feature phones (with some more being added in the future it seems):

http://news.vzw.com/news/2011/03/pr2011-03-30.html

http://www.opera.com/press/releases/2011/03/31/

Phones
    Motorola ATRIX 2
    Carriers
    Straight Talk, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Wow, finally. I wonder why they took such a long time to officially announce this. I've been checking the Media Center occasionally on my Samsung Reality to see if it's available but nothing yet. From the official release you posted it seems like it should be coming though. Thanks for the update.