Thread: Old Boost Phone with Bad ESN

Feedback Score

Old Boost Phone with Bad ESN

Hey all. I had activated a Sprint Touch Pro 2 phone on my Boost Mobile account. I used it for about a year, then the earpiece stopped working so I deactivated it and sold it on eBay. I then activated a Boost Mobile Blackberry Curve on my same account. The person that bought my old Sprint phone is trying to activate it on Boost also and they're saying it's a bad ESN. I'm going to confirm this with the ESN Checker, but if it is bad, is there a way to release it so they can activate the phone?

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    They may be claiming it's bad simply because they can't get it activated on Boost.

Tell them you'll activate it for them, or to try again.

None the less, if it was swapped out with another device, there isn't any way the MEID could be in use anymore without someone else activating it again.

Phone
    LG Optimus T
    Carrier
    WFM
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by deathtrip View Post
    They may be claiming it's bad simply because they can't get it activated on Boost.

Tell them you'll activate it for them, or to try again.

None the less, if it was swapped out with another device, there isn't any way the MEID could be in use anymore without someone else activating it again.
    Actually, do you remember I had a similar problem with a phone I sold on ebay. The person who bought it couldn't activate it because it was somehow still tied to my account. When the CSRs looked at my account, there was no evidence of this phone. However when they typed in the DEC#, it took them to my account.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yea, and I believe that happened because there was a delay in doing the swaps on the network. I've done device swaps where it has taken over an hour for the swap to complete even though the account showed the new ESN as active on the account, it just wouldn't give me the correct MSL and always gave some random 360000xxxxx MSID.

Feedback Score
    I just came across this issue.
    I had one of the old liberty moto q9 phones I tried to activate on boost. Boost says it is active on an account! WTF! I call sprint. They say it is. I say it's a clone???

After fighting all over the place it seems they used my esn in a phone swap. And it got stuck on some random persons account. Apparently there is some sort of process that takes 72 hours to remove the ESN. After that it was all clear.

Feedback Score
    I used the ESN Checker and it says the number IS in fact still linked to my account. I contacted Boost tech support and they asked for the customer with the phone to contact them to give them some more information. It makes me a little nervous that they won't let them activate it because it's a Sprint phone. But I will keep this updated to let you know what's going on. Thanks for all the advice