Thread: My Net10 Account is Broken, and I couldn't be HAPPIER

Phones
    ex-Sprint customer in limbo with Straight Talk
    Samsung Galaxy Centura (Android 4.0)
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score

My Net10 Account is Broken, and I couldn't be HAPPIER

I purchased a Net10 phone about 4 months ago. When I first activated it, I did so with one of the new 750min/30day cards. It didn't go well at all. Three half-hour phone calls to Net10 support (which the most polite yet inept folks I'd spoken to yet at Net10) got me nowhere on the day the phone arrived. So a fourth phone call the next day took over an hour, but they got the SIM card registered properly and my phone was live.

I purchased a refill card so I'd be good to go in 30 days. 30 days came and went, and the phone still had minutes showing yet said "You Have 0 Service Days Left". Then when the minutes ran under 10 available, it suddenly added 250 minutes and 30 days to itself. I didn't do it. When these minutes ran low, it bounced back up. The minute meter would go from 10 to 9 to 259 in one swift blip. When days ran out, it would say 0 days for a few days then would reset to 30 days.

So I've not added my refill card and bought a 2nd Net10 phone for my daughter (same model, doesn't exhibit this behavior) and used the card on her phone. I don't know why mine has the fountain of youth installed. What's funnier is I get email notices to come back to Net10, when my phone has never stopped being Net10.

On top of all this, and hence the subject of my email, I can't log into my Net10 account. I can enter my name and password and it goes to a MySQL error screen. Been like this since...well...since I got my phone back in September.

Carriers
    ATT Gophone
    Net 10
    Feedback Score

Strange...

almost sounds like it's a Tracfone and on the $20 a month value plan, with DFML...

That would add 250 min and 30 days...

Was it a refurb phone and what model is it?

Feedback Score
    Any chance you're using Firefox browser? I've read around here the Trac sites work optimally w/ Internet Explorer.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Sounds like the glitch that beats all other glitches.

Phones
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    It's the R401G and yes, it's refurbished (hence the R I think). I have been at "0 Service Days" for 4 days and counting. Phone got used a lot yesterday and is down to 31 minutes as of now. Later this morning I'm going to send myself some pictures and see if it resets again when it hits 9 minutes. I'll use another phone to take pics or something.

Darnedest thing, this phone. It's like my fifth Net10 phone. I had a POS Nokia the first time. Then a series of 3 of those LG300G's. Always reliable, always works out here in the sticks. Battery life is awesome on those LG's, pretty good on this Samsung. But this has been the best one yet, for the obvious reason.

I bought it on the website and registered it and everything, and then it was around Halloween when the original service days and minutes ran low and it did this and I let it run, it was right about then that their website went down and ever since I haven't been able to log in. I use Chrome, not FF, but I have tried it in IE as well, and no go. I don't have FF on this computer, haven't tried that.

Phones
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I'll be using this picture to boil it down while I use a little video camera to record. This thread at 640x480. When I send myself a picture, it takes off 2.50 minutes right away. Then takes off 1.00 minutes every minute it's connected and sending data. Sometimes takes 6-7 minutes to send one picture. Did it once already for this pic and it ended up using 10.00 minutes for one picture before it was finally done. Goes through a lot of minutes but not like it seems to matter to me at least...

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Your experience is like that TV commercial, where they end up saying, "free is better". Try not to kill your golden goose by accident.

Carrier
    PagePlus - No Dealer Required
    Feedback Score
    Sounds like a major glitch in the n10 system in regards to that particular 401g. A faulty handset could, I guess, add minutes but it would not extend/reset the service days. The service days are kept track of by the n10 system not the handset. Very odd indeed.

It probably goes without saying, but I would not make any changes to the handset. I would certainly not enter any codes at all into code entry mode.

Ride the wave while you can! It will probably hit the beach at some point.

Phones
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Ya think?

Yeah, it didn't refill itself this time. Figures. After emptying my SD card and getting ready to record the "moment", it decided to go all the way to 0 and not do it again.

This ride is over.

At least I had a card at the ready to refill it.

Feedback Score
    I wonder if the refills were going onto the previous owner's credit card.

Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Lisme View Post
    I wonder if the refills were going onto the previous owner's credit card.
    If that is the case I wouldn't be surprised if n10 kill's the fone by morning. That's their MO - something looks funny, kill the fone and wait for the fone user to call in.

Phones
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    No idea. This phone was a refurb, bought directly from Net10 on their website. I'm still unable to get into my account. Even the error message is spelled wrong:

I bet I have to either call it in or enter the code on the phone.

I don't want to not be able to add the minutes to this phone. But I'm thinking this phone might be skunked or something. Maybe I should just buy another phone and then call in saying I dropped it in water (and I will drop it in water first) and need the number transferred over to the new phone. This time I could get a phone with a better camera. My wife's BB Curve 8530 takes BETTER pics than my 6MP Kodak C643. Better video, too. That's a 2MP camera in that BB. There's a Samsung Restore available on Sprint, maybe I should just go with that. Could give this refill card (750/30) I haven't used to my daughter for her phone.

Carrier
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by occupant View Post
    No idea. This phone was a refurb, bought directly from Net10 on their website. I'm still unable to get into my account.

I bet I have to either call it in or enter the code on the phone.

I don't want to not be able to add the minutes to this phone. But I'm thinking this phone might be skunked or something. Maybe I should just buy another phone and then call in saying I dropped it in water (and I will drop it in water first) and need the number transferred over to the new phone. This time I could get a phone with a better camera. My wife's BB Curve 8530 takes BETTER pics than my 6MP Kodak C643. Better video, too. That's a 2MP camera in that BB. There's a Samsung Restore available on Sprint, maybe I should just go with that. Could give this refill card (750/30) I haven't used to my daughter for her phone.
    If you decide to drown the fone, please drop me a PM first (I'm not sure why you want to do that). Also, you do not need to give them an excuse to be able to transfer to another fone. And there is no code that you can enter on your fone that will make the OLAM (online account management) work properly. The online system does not work that way.