Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39

Thread: What is the best phone you can use with Straight Talk?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    16
    Phone
    LG290C
    Feedback Score
    0

    What is the best phone you can use with Straight Talk?

    I guess the best they offer is that E71... what about iPhones, I see people are using iPhones with Straight Talk?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Asgard
    Posts
    300
    Carrier
    Strayed Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    The E71.

    But if you'd try doing even a minimal amount of research here in this forum you will find additional info about the possibilities of other phones, including the iPhone.

    Do some R-E-A-D-I-N-G. ~~

    ►►► U.S. Ranks Dead Last In Overall Social Spending (Read the comments section too!)

    ►►► The Scam Behind The Rise In Oil And Food Prices


    THINK for yourself!
    QUESTION authority!
    Realize that ALL governments LIE!
    Don't be one of the sheeple!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0
    Regarding the use of ST on an iphone, do I have to purchase a new E71 from ST or can I do the same with using an old ATT E71?
    Thanks for the help.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    13
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sebbie74 View Post
    Regarding the use of ST on an iphone, do I have to purchase a new E71 from ST or can I do the same with using an old ATT E71?
    Thanks for the help.
    I know I'm just enabling your non-forum-searching behaviors, but here is your answer:
    The only way you can get the SIM to swap into an unlocked GSM phone is to buy the E71.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    16
    Phone
    LG290C
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Indabaux View Post
    The E71.

    But if you'd try doing even a minimal amount of research here in this forum you will find additional info about the possibilities of other phones, including the iPhone.

    Do some R-E-A-D-I-N-G. ~~
    Thanks for the info and for the lecture

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    394
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mburris View Post
    I know I'm just enabling your non-forum-searching behaviors, but here is your answer:
    The only way you can get the SIM to swap into an unlocked GSM phone is to buy the E71.
    HAHA, you enabler you! ;-) It'a always funny that someone goes through the trouble of creating a new thread when the answer they're looking for is in the first thread and it's posted on the first thread in bold, hhaha

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    BP subsidized Gulf Coast
    Posts
    4,816
    Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mburris View Post
    I know I'm just enabling your non-forum-searching behaviors, but here is your answer:
    The only way you can get the SIM to swap into an unlocked GSM phone is to buy the E71.
    Also, the $200 you paid for the E-71 cannot be recouped. If a replacement SIM is ever ordered for that E71, the original SIM you are using will be deactivated.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    425
    Phones
    Droid MAXX
    Droid MAXX
    Carrier
    Big Red
    Feedback Score
    0
    Can we sticky this?

    I will add the last

    You don't need to be jailbroken unless you want MMS to work. You will need to get the StraightTalk profile for data to work.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Asgard
    Posts
    300
    Carrier
    Strayed Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beet View Post
    Can we sticky this?
    LOL


    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    394
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The Beet View Post
    Can we sticky this?

    I will add the last

    You don't need to be jailbroken unless you want MMS to work. You will need to get the StraightTalk profile for data to work.
    Yeah, stickying it would make it easier to copy and paste the same info every day when someone asks the same friggin question, haha

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    709
    Feedback Score
    0
    By "best", what does that mean? Best signal reception, best call quality, fastest web, slider, flip, candy bar, etc. If best call quality, my LG 290C will allow me to make calls where NO carrier has coverage at my cabin near Mendocino. Awesome phone for signal strength..not sure how LG did it, but if in a weak cell area, worth a shot. Thinking it's gotta be the Verizon network as I don't think I have ever dropped a call. I vote the R451C as a strong contender.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Asgard
    Posts
    300
    Carrier
    Strayed Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    jimxx200 brings up a good point. Judged on the basis of call quality, my LG220c is fantastic. The LG220c & 290c are close relatives and are both CDMA phones (meaning they're on the VZW network).

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mburris View Post
    I know I'm just enabling your non-forum-searching behaviors, but here is your answer:
    The only way you can get the SIM to swap into an unlocked GSM phone is to buy the E71.
    I don't know that Jack_I had tried the ST trick with an ATT Nokia E71. Since ST and ATT seem to be affiliated, I was trying to get the attention of someone with experience who had tried to activate with an ATT E71 the ST sim then used it with an ATT iphone. Just in case, that one person would be reading this post and willing to share. Nothing to do IMHO with doing a search or not.

    mburris, have you tried it yourself. Do you know for sure ONLY by buying the $180 E71 that it will work?

    Anyhow, thanks for enabling me. Regards.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Asgard
    Posts
    300
    Carrier
    Strayed Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by sebbie74 View Post
    I don't know that Jack_I had tried the ST trick with an ATT Nokia E71. Since ST and ATT seem to be affiliated, I was trying to get the attention of someone with experience who had tried to activate with an ATT E71 the ST sim then used it with an ATT iphone. Just in case, that one person would be reading this post and willing to share. Nothing to do IMHO with doing a search or not.
    Newbies! Sheesh!

    Since you aren't grasping the concept, I'll explain what I meant for you.

    I was encouraging the O.P. to try reading a little bit before they started a brand new thread on something.
    At the time this thread was first posted, the very top thread listed in the forum was a discussion, in great detail, about everything you need to know to use an iPhone on ST. And the thread is still listed on the first page of the most current threads.

    People can usually get their questions answered if they'd just try looking a bit beforehand instead of re-hashing the same information in brand new threads. No need to re-invent the wheel.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Asgard
    Posts
    300
    Carrier
    Strayed Talk
    Feedback Score
    0
    By the way: As of this writing, the iPhone thread I'm referring to is at the very top of the recent threads list.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Straight Talk phone
    By GotPhone2 in forum LG
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-17-2010, 02:51 PM
  2. Hello I got a straight talk phone.
    By dangioffre in forum Tracfone/Net10
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-12-2010, 03:58 PM
  3. STraight Talk cut off my phone( twice) WHAT IS GOING ON ??
    By ddavis7426 in forum Straight Talk
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-2010, 09:26 PM
  4. Is it possible to get a Straight Talk phone on P+?
    By Duliana in forum Page Plus Cellular
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-18-2010, 03:10 AM
  5. Use tracfone phone with straight talk?
    By magicmafiaman in forum Straight Talk
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-30-2009, 06:22 PM

Bookmarks