Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Motorola Droid X2 (Daytona) Pre-release Thread

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Motorola Droid X2 (Daytona) Pre-release Thread

So at the suggestion of another poster I've decided to make a pre-release thread for the rumored Droid X2/Daytona. So far this is all the information that I've been able to find and any new information is appreciated. For the most part this seems to be a beefed up Droid X, an option for those who won't be able to use verizon's 4G for awhile and do not want to have to pay for it with the Droid Bionic.

-4.3 inch qHD screen (same as the Bionic)
    -1Ghz Tegra 2 dual core processor
    -1Gb of RAM
    -3G connectivity only
    -same 8 megapixel camera as the Droid X
    -Same device housing as the Droid X minus the camera button ~edit~ Apparently the device has a different camera button, one with a bump in the middle to make it easier to use ~edit~ the new pictures of the device show no camera button but the tipster who provided them said that it may come with a redesigned camera button
    -Same battery as the Droid X
    -Gyroscope
    -Lots of "Non phone features" that will make this device a great play thing
    -Like the Atrix and Bionic expect this to come with plenty of docks that will make this device multifunctional
    -Looks like no Front Facing Camera

Other probable things include
    -Android 2.2 with Blur of some kind ~edit~ It seems it will run the same launcher as the Bionic and it is "very smooth" (Thanks xbernaut!)
    Last edited by DroidCLH; 02-15-2011 at 06:01 PM.

Phones
    Droid 2
    Droid 2
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    So it begins.. Thanks DroidCLH.

Phones
    SGS3
    Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I have the DX, but with the addition of a dual core processor and the removal of the camera button I'd consider one. The camera button, IMO, is poorly placed, making it extremely difficult to take one handed pics (of myself and someone else). Although, I'm assuming the alternative would be better- who knows? I also don't like the placement of the power button, I always seem to accidentally touch it when I am pushing it down into my back pocket. If it's offset to one side or the other it would be better.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for starting this thread.

Feedback Score
    Your pretty spot on with your info.they will be adding a camera button but this time with bump in the center of it for better ease of use.the UI looks the same as the bionic so far and is very smooth.I see there will be lots of non phone features that will be implemented to make it a fun toy as well.guess that gyro will come in handy soon enough.it seems like the X2,attrix,bionic will be all getting nice docks and add ons for multi use.there is so much info on these on the web its just hidden.you need to look harder to find it.some weird site I found that was all written in german even had pix of it already.
    Moto Razr

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'd defiantly agree with you, coming from the OG Droid I found myself constantly missing the power button for up too 2 months after my purchase

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks for the advise, I've been searching but I find it difficult. I suppose that all I need is to keep going to find the info.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xbernaut View Post
    Your pretty spot on with your info.they will be adding a camera button but this time with bump in the center of it for better ease of use.the UI looks the same as the bionic so far and is very smooth.I see there will be lots of non phone features that will be implemented to make it a fun toy as well.guess that gyro will come in handy soon enough.it seems like the X2,attrix,bionic will be all getting nice docks and add ons for multi use.there is so much info on these on the web its just hidden.you need to look harder to find it.some weird site I found that was all written in german even had pix of it already.
    Will we get a front facing camera this time? Not a deal breaker but my kids LOVE their Ipod touch/Facetime.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So I'm search Google germany now trying to find the pic and I'm on page 17 of images no finding anything, link please?

Feedback Score
    Not going to be that easy. I'm doing the same, hang in there.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So I've literally searched all the image results for Motorola Droid X2 so I suppose I'l try daytona now

Feedback Score
    I'm guessing we probably "saw" the pic but it so similar that we (me) missed it. I'm checking the German Android sites...

Feedback Score
    .Mine doesn't have a front camera. They gave me the old recycled X housing lol.

I didn't find any image search results either.I found it as I was scanning sites reading about the device to follow the X2.I guess it's a good way to SHADOW the device during development.

Feedback Score
    .Mine doesn't have a front camera. They gave me the old recycled X housing lol.

I didn't find any image search results either.I found it as I was scanning sites reading about the device to follow the X2.I guess it's a good way to SHADOW the device during development.
    Do you think THEIRS has a front facing camera? Back to SHADOW again hunh? I wish it would have stuck, kind of liked it. OFF I go looking in the SHADOWS. lol

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast