Thread: Optimus V random reboots at night

Feedback Score

Optimus V random reboots at night

I noticed the two nights ago that my phone had restarted and the virgin mobile splash screen and tone had woke me up. The next night I went to sleep and left the phone off the charger. I woke up to a phone that was off and wouldn't turn on, I had to do a battery pull to get the phone to turn on. I looked online and saw that people where having a problem with the sd card on sprint phones. I removed the sd card at that moment. Just now, my phone restarted while on the charger with no sd card in it. Anyone having this issue with virgin mobile optimus? Any fixes?

Phone
    The Original LG Optimus V with 2.2.1. :)
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Go to Walmart and get a Sandisk class 4 8GB microSD card for $20.00. Throw away the 2gb card your Optimus came with, especially if it it a Samsung card.
    Virgin Evolution: Kyocera X-TC {167ppi}-> Rumor Touch {155ppi}-> Samsung Intercept {146ppi}-> LG Optimus V {180ppi}-> Motorola Triumph {228ppi}-> LG Optimus V {180ppi}-> Motorola Triumph {228ppi} LG Optimus V {180ppi}->-> ???
    Current main device: Asus Nexus 7 32 GB {216}
    My next phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 2 on TMo??? {265ppi} Getting less sure. Leaning towards Nexus 4 {318 ppi}

Feedback Score
    But should it still restart if I took the card out?

Phone
    The Original LG Optimus V with 2.2.1. :)
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    T-Mobile Data SIM
    Feedback Score
    My phone just did this this morning...but the battery had discharged itself..somehow...still trying to figure that one out as to why. I woke up to a series of reboot loops. Took the battery out, plugged it back in...it started charging and is working again. I was using the USB cable plugged into a laptop to recharge it, and it's acting like the laptop's USB port shut itself off and then the phone discharged itself...but I still don't know why. Will be interesting to see if others report this issue.