Thread: Free ESN Checker for Pageplus/Verizon?

Phones
    Moto Droid X
    Moto Droid X rooted on Pageplus
    Moto Droid 2 (wifes)
    Carrier
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score

Free ESN Checker for Pageplus/Verizon?

I am sure this has been answered previously, but I searched the forum and didn't find it. Is there anywhere to verify a phone has a clean ESN for Pageplus/Verizon for free. I see dealers charge for this service, but I am considering multiple phones on ebay and want to make sure I am not going to have any issues as they are higher cost phones. I don't want to spend $5 each to check ESNs on 4-5 phones I am crrently looking at.

I currently have 3 phones on PP but its been awhile since I changed phones so I apoligize if I am out of the loop. In the old days there used to be dealers on the forums that would do free services - If it helps, I will be doing an ESN change after buying a phone.

Feedback Score
    The closest you can get a free esn check is to call Verizon and ask them if those esns are clean or not. But even if they are, if they are Verizon prepaid esns at all, forget it.

Theres a way to check Verizon esns online too.
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...ction=enterEsn

It does work (for Verizon) but it won't tell you if it is a banned prepaid Verizon device (I just tested it with a Verizon prepaid VX5500.

One clue is that a Verizon prepaid phone lists the model as a "pp" type (prepaid NOT page plus) after the model number inside the battery compartment. The VX5500PP for example. I do not know if this is universal on all prepaid Verizon models however.

Feedback Score
    I have called PagePlus directly and they've done checks for me over the phone several times.

Sometimes I get a CSR that says the only way they can check is by activating the phone on their end. Since that's not a step I want to take with a phone that doesn't even belong to me (yet), I just thank them anyway and call back. The next CSR always gives me the info I need.

It seems like when you go through the whole "press 1 for... press 2 for..." thing that one option gets you to CS that's willing to answer that question and the other track gives you the "I have to try to activate it" schpeel. Don't remember which one is the right one, so try 'em both if you have to.

Phones
    Moto Droid X
    Moto Droid 2 (wifes)
    Carrier
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    That ESN checker online for Verizon linked above does not seem 100%. I just checked an ESN which I know is clean and it said to call them.

Feedback Score
    Neither is the otherwise GREAT Sprint/Boost/VM checker online but it's free so I'm not complaining. Calling a toll free number costs nothing .

Phones
    Moto Droid X
    Moto Droid 2 (wifes)
    Carrier
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I ended up calling Verizon directly and the rep was more than helpful - Just bought a new Droid 1

Phones
    Droid 2 / Palm Centro Back Up
    Sprint MetroBerry 8530 Test Phone
    PPlackBerry 8703e Test Phone
    Carriers
    Verizon / Page Plus
    H2O / Simple Mobile / Airvoice
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Guitar1969 View Post
    That ESN checker online for Verizon linked above does not seem 100%. I just checked an ESN which I know is clean and it said to call them.
    thats happened several times to me, but its usually when Ive found they are having system issues, wait till later in the day and then run it again and it usually works fine and gives me an answer
    ~Mark

I'm a CDMA Guru are you? www . cdmagurus . com

Feedback Score
    I've submitted support tickets to Page Plus, and gotten responses in about four hours. I also bought a bulk services package from a dealer, that after paying for the package, I don't have to pay anything further for services. I support four phones for my family. It paid off in about a month (my kids are very tough on phones).

Regards,

Hans

Phones
    Android CDMA
    Samsung Admire, Galaxy Admire, LG Motion Metropcs
    Samsung Vitality, HTC Incredible on PagePlus
    Carriers
    Metropcs
    SimpleMobile
    Feedback Score
    Check out this link It is one of the few PagePlus sites I have found that does not charge for services like activation, ESN Swaps, Number Status, ect.

Find out if your phone is Compatible with Page Plus. Phone Programming Instructions.

Services
    Activate Your Phone
    Change Your Phone
    Phone Account Status

Activation Instructions
    Compatible Phones
    Phone Flashing Service -not free
    Data / WAP Settings
    Port Phone Number
    FAQ Help Guides
    VoiceMail Setup
    Phone User Guides
    Coverage Map

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    pcwebiz, I have used pageplusdealer.com several times over the years, but the last time I tried to use them, the "Change Your Phone" web form returned an error, and for at least the last few days, the "Activate Your Phone", "Change Your Phone", and "Phone Account Status" links all say "Down For Maintenance".

How do you request these services without their web forms working?
    PagePlus---13 Years & Counting . . . . . Lycamobile---1 Year & Counting
    *Ericsson AF738, Jul 2001-Dec 2003, *Qualcomm QCP 2760, Dec 2003-Feb 2008, *LG VX-8600, Feb 2008-Apr 2010, *Samsung Omnia SCH-i910, Apr 2010-Nov 2011, *HTC Droid Incredible (CM7.2 ROM), Nov 2011-Jun 2013, *HTC Droid Incredible 2 (CM7.2 ROM), Jun 2013-Present