Thread: What is Bell's DOA policy for Phones?

Carrier
    Bell mobility
    Feedback Score

What is Bell's DOA policy for Phones?

Alright,

I am curious to know, what is Bell's policy for DOA phones? I've heard 30days from original purchase, and 15days? Whats the right one?

Also, what is the time limit to return the phone? Is it 15days and 15mins? Or 15days and 30minutes?

Can someone please clarify? I've had one DOA phone already and the lady told me you have x many days left until you reach your 15days of your DOA policy, but when I got the phone, the salesman told me 30days DOA?

Thanks!
    JP

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy III
    Curve™ 9360
    Bold™ 9700
    Carrier
    Telus | Bell
    Feedback Score
    When I was still with Bell, you could return a phone within 15 days and under 15/30 minutes for a refund and cancellation of service.

You could warranty replace a DOA phone within 30 days providing the phone was in mint condition (e.g. no scratches) and that you had every possible accessory that came in the box and also had the original box the phone was sold in. You needed everything. You had to replace your phone with the exact same make/model.
    TELUS Mobility - $50.00 per month (36 Month Term) (Personal)| $300 Port-In Credit
    350 Minutes (per second) | 6pm Eve & Wknds | Unlimited CDN LD | Unlimited SMS | Call Display | Voicemail | 6GB Data

BELL Mobility - $38.00 per month with Bell Bundle (12 Month Term) (Business)
    400 Minutes | 6pm Eve & Wknds | Unlimited Incoming | 500 LD Mins | Call Display

Phone
    Sidekick 4G
    Carriers
    WIND
    Feedback Score
    DOA policy depends on the manufacturer.
    Some are 15 days, some are 30. Some have a voice minutes limit, others don't.
    This may have changed since I've been gone, so I'd seek another opinion.

As for return policy:

You may return your device (other than a SIM card) and Bell will provide you with a refund of the amount you paid for the device, if the device is returned within 14 days from purchase provided you have not exceeded 30 minutes of use, whichever occurs first. You may return your device to the store where purchased or to the address specified for returns if purchased online or over the phone, in "like new" condition with all components, manuals and original packaging.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MStar View Post
    You may return your device (other than a SIM card) and Bell will provide you with a refund of the amount you paid for the device, if the device is returned within 14 days from purchase provided you have not exceeded 30 minutes of use, whichever occurs first. You may return your device to the store where purchased or to the address specified for returns if purchased online or over the phone, in "like new" condition with all components, manuals and original packaging.

Yeah, I've been reading up on this due to my situation. I'll be returning a phone tomorrow at the 13 days mark. I understand the limit is 14 days and 30 minutes. Is there a 50 MB limit or so also if you have a data plan ? I paid outright for the phone and signed for the cheapest ($50) month to month plan that included data.

I've heard I can also "return the contract". Anyone heard of that or understand how much Bell will ding me for using a few minutes of voice and maybe 50-100 MB or so to test the phone ?

And that '"like new" condition' thing is bothering me. The phone died and shows no sign of life at all, but there is absolutely no physical damage. But anyway I went ahead with the $4 a month expensive warranty thingy, so I'd like to think I'm doubly covered, (1) exp. warranty, and (2) phone died through no fault of mine within short time after purchase.

Also I paid $20 for that protection film. I'm guessing I lose that. I don't recall paying for a SIM other than $35 activation fee. It was just $250 for phone and $20 for film plus taxes.

Complicating the whole matter is that I don't appear to have a "real receipt". Rep stapled paper to my contract that has return policy on back, but just "Blah blah blah" stuff on front. No dollar values. I'm guessing the Rep messed up and didn't give me the proper receipt.

Hmmm, phone and film paid for by Visa. I wonder if there is any recourse with them if Bell gives me guff.

Feedback Score
    As I also reported on my thread:

I returned the phone OK without TOO much trouble. They only refunded the phone price, not the $20 protector.

Took 40 minutes. (!) Perhaps at least 15 minutes of that was due to fact phone was completely dead. They said they needed to verify voice under 30 minutes and said they had to look on phone, computer wouldn't give that info. LOL.

So if a "crafty person" wanted to return within 14 days but with more than 30 minutes of voice, they might "accidentally" brick the phone somehow. Don't know if it'd blow back when the real bill comes. LOL.

Remains to be seen what my final bill for this experiment will be. Got an email bill a few days ago for $4.47, LOL.

Carrier
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    DOA Policy for Bell Phones as of current:

HTC phones - within 30 days, within 300 talk time minutes

IPhones and Palm Pres basically don't have an DOA procedure.
    So if you have a iPhone and it is defective, take it to the Apple store for replacement, they are awesome.
    (For the most part.)

All other phones are within 30 days, unlimited talk time.
    Keep in mind, it is not like you bought it on Jan 12 and then you have until Feb 12 to return it, it is specifically 30 days from Jan 12, so Feb 11 is the last day.

Keep in mind, if there are any scratches, dents, cracked or bleeding screens, most likely (90-100%) the store will not take back the device for replacement. SO KEEP it in immaculate condition! Go back to the original store, this makes it easier for everyone.

Keep the box! Make sure it is in new condition, the box has the serial number, which is needed.

Buyer's remorse is within 14 days and within 30 minutes talk time.
    For Turbo Sticks, mifi, Turbo Hub - within 50MB, within 30 minutes talk time. The BR is located on your service agreement...always.

Hope this helps! Cheers!