Thread: Is my new Palm Pixi Plus defective?

Feedback Score

Is my new Palm Pixi Plus defective?

Hi,

I just received a new Palm Pixi Plus and I am having trouble getting it working. I am trying to activate on Page Plus, but I suspect the problem is with the hardware of the phone.

Basically, my phone says either "Searching" or "No service" all the time. Shouldn't it show bars of service even if the phone is not set up yet?

Supposedly, my activation Page Plus went through, but I can'y get the phone programmed and I think it is because the radio is dead. But I am not sure if I am doing something else wrong.

Thanks for any help.

-Sean

Device(s)
    All of 'em
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile US
    Feedback Score
    Can't say for certain, but I know some carriers will cause a phone to display no bars if the device can't be authenticated, regardless of actual signal strength. Not sure if Page Plus is one of them.

Might want to ask this question over in the PagePlus forum here or on the PreCentral forums.

Feedback Score
    I am pretty sure the radio was DOA. I am working on returning it now. Bought it new from one of those deal sites recently. Hope they handle it well.

After the failed activation, there is an option for an "emergency call" which also gives you the option of calling Verizon customer service. That does not work either.

-Sean

Feedback Score
    if the emergency calling feature is not active, that is a serious problem. There might be an issue with the antenna/ signal reception feature of the unit. Have you contacted your unit supplier?

Feedback Score
    The feature is there, but when I try to use it to call customer service, nothing happens. I would love to try calling 911 because that should work in all circumstances, but I am going to use that as a method to debug the unit!

I contacted the seller who told me to first contact Verizon, of course. The problem is that I want to use it on Page Plus and so I doubt Verizon will want to help me with the Phone.

Feedback Score
    Just to follow up on my earlier posts...

I ended up buying another Palm Pixi from another deal site. That one immediately showed "Verizon" and showed service bars, even before activating. It activated on Page Plus with no problems. So the first phone was indeed DOA. I am trying to return it to the seller.

-Sean