Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Warning to All Verizon Craigslist/Ebay iPhone purchaser's!!

Feedback Score

Warning to All Verizon Craigslist/Ebay iPhone purchaser's!!

This is a warning to everyone who is possibly considering purchasing unopened iPhone's to use on Verizon from Craigslist and Ebay and other sources..

I purchased myself and my partner 2 32GB iPhone's directly from Apple, of course I had to enter my Verizon number to order it, I don't believe they are selling them outright.. Well I paid $699 per iPhone no contract.

When I got them today through UPS and went to activate them. It required me to accept the terms and agreement through iTunes and activate it using my account phone number, social, zip, and billing password and then auto *228'd it and activated it on my line.

So anyone who is trying to buy a brand new unopened iPhone be weary because chances are it's not going to work.

Good Luck to everyone!!

Phone
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yep, it's that way with any phone (well, obviously not the iTunes part). I had a guy from Craigslist yesterday tell me that you didn't have to activate it prior to selling it. I told him the ESN was tied to his order number and it could not be activated until he activated and then deactivated it. I don't think he believed me, but I told him that was the only way I was buying it.

Feedback Score
    I seen one person selling an iPhone for $2000 on Ebay.. with next day shipping..

DUH!!!

pathetic.

If it is next day shipping I could easy well walk into the store THE NEXT DAY you NOOB!

Phone
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AahH View Post
    I seen one person selling an iPhone for $2000 on Ebay.. with next day shipping..

DUH!!!

pathetic.

If it is next day shipping I could easy well walk into the store THE NEXT DAY you NOOB!
    I spent most of my lunch hour on Mon reporting eBay listings with VZW iPhones for $1 plus $750-$2000 shipping! The sad thing is, some suckers probably bought 'em at those prices.

Phones
    HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE
    LG XV8560 (Chocolate3)
    [3G] Network Extender (VZW femtocell) SWEET!
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I don't understand what the "warning" is about. Everything worked perfectly for you.

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt™ 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!©
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh Map]

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    I don't understand what the "warning" is about. Everything worked perfectly for you.

-Frank
    It's a warning to the unfortunate people who are not "experienced" with purchasing equipment online..

Phones
    HTC ThunderBolt 4G/LTE
    LG XV8560 (Chocolate3)
    [3G] Network Extender (VZW femtocell) SWEET!
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by locust43 View Post
    It's a warning to the unfortunate people who are not "experienced" with purchasing equipment online..
    But, he got exactly what he asked for. How can that be bad?

Edit: Oh never mind. I guess he was just saying that if you see one for sale from an unauthorized distributor that you shouldn't buy it. I guess... But nothing here is unique to the iPhone.

-Frank

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank S View Post
    But, he got exactly what he asked for. How can that be bad?

Edit: Oh never mind. I guess he was just saying that if you see one for sale from an unauthorized distributor that you shouldn't buy it. I guess... But nothing here is unique to the iPhone.

-Frank
    It's tricky for previous AT&T user's who may not have too much technical knowledge about how Verizon and CDMA works and may be coming over to Verizon. With AT&T you could literally take a stolen sim card and pop it in any GSM/HSPA phone including the iPhone 4 and it would just come right up

Phones
    Verizon iPhone 4
    Razr V3 (retired, backup if needed), LG Dare (retired, plan to sell)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JenJen View Post
    I spent most of my lunch hour on Mon reporting eBay listings with VZW iPhones for $1 plus $750-$2000 shipping! The sad thing is, some suckers probably bought 'em at those prices.
    Do they get thrown off of eBay for doing this? Of course they are doing it to avoid eBay fees. If eBay was serious they would put a check in their system to warn anybody who is charging an outrageous amount for shipping, let's say over $100, for example. It would set off a big Red Flag.

I just the Motorola DynaTAC 8000X

Phone
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phoney123 View Post
    Do they get thrown off of eBay for doing this? Of course they are doing it to avoid eBay fees. If eBay was serious they would put a check in their system to warn anybody who is charging an outrageous amount for shipping, let's say over $100, for example. It would set off a big Red Flag.
    I think 3 violations gets them kicked off...not certain though. What p!sses me off about it is there are shipping limits in place for some things; I sold several video games in a lot but the max it would allow me to charge was $4so I lost money on shipping. So how in the world can one charge $1000 to ship a cell phone?!

Phones
    IPHONE 4s, 3GS
    IPHONE 4s, IPHONE 3GS,
    Carrier
    NET10
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I think 3 violations gets them kicked off...not certain though. What p!sses me off about it is there are shipping limits in place for some things; I sold several video games in a lot but the max it would allow me to charge was $4so I lost money on shipping. So how in the world can one charge $1000 to ship a cell phone?!
    just to avoid those high ebay fees

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback

ebay feedback above

WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

Phone
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mbaverizon View Post
    just to avoid those high ebay fees
    Well that's obvious. My point was why doesn't eBay have a filter in place for limiting shipping fees in the cell phone category, since they obviously do in other categories?

Phones
    IPHONE 4s, 3GS
    IPHONE 4s, IPHONE 3GS,
    Carrier
    NET10
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well that's obvious. My point was why doesn't eBay have a filter in place for limiting shipping fees in the cell phone category, since they obviously do in other categories?
    They will eventually once they see how much money there losing

Phone
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mbaverizon View Post
    They will eventually once they see how much money there losing
    Well, eBay has been in existence for over 15 years, and people are still getting away with it...so I'm not holding out much hope.

Phones
    IPHONE 4s, 3GS
    IPHONE 4s, IPHONE 3GS,
    Carrier
    NET10
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You must remember there's a small percentage of people that do that compared what they have,but one day they will!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast