Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Just got a Verizon iPhone activated on PagePlus, need some help with APN settings.

Phones
    iPhone 4S 16GB
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Carriers
    StraightTalk Wireless
    Feedback Score

Just got a Verizon iPhone activated on PagePlus, need some help with APN settings.

Hi guys, I just got a fully paid for Verizon iPhone 4 activated on PagePlus. Calls and plain text work, but Data (internet) and MMS (picture msgs) dont.

So does anyone know what the APN settings are for PagePlus Data and MMS?
    iPhone 4 running on StraightTalk Wireless 3G (AT&T MVNO)

Time Warner Cable (Home ISP)
    [/URL]

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I don't know, but I hope someone does. Glad to hear it is at least doable. Please keep us updated on your progress. Did you have to do anything special to activate?

Edit: looks like your activation might be short lived, looking at the thread below.

Feedback Score
    Got this from a PagePlus dealer:

Dear Page Plus Dealer:

As you are probably aware, the Apple iPhone is launching on Verizon Wireless. This message is to inform you that iPhones are NOT allowed to be activated on Page Plus Cellular. There are no exceptions. Should an iPhone activate on Page Plus, it will be subject to suspension or deactivation. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

Phones
    iPhone 4S 16GB
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Carriers
    StraightTalk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Well my dealer had no memo and they are a very large dealer. So no one knows the APN/WAP settings for Page Plus?

Phones
    Droid 3, SE W518,
    Atrix HD, HTC 8925
    Carrier
    TMO, H2O, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    What information there is for PagePlus data settings, is in the Technical sub-forum.

Phones
    Galaxy S2
    Retired Mesmerise
    LG VX5600 Verizon Backup
    Carriers
    AT&T
    U.S.Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Got this in my Email! so It wont be long and u will be out of luck and without ur iPhone unless u go with Auctual Verizon

Dear Page Plus Dealer:

As you are probably aware, the Apple iPhone is launching on Verizon Wireless. This message is to inform you that iPhones are NOT allowed to be activated on Page Plus Cellular. There are no exceptions. Should an iPhone activate on Page Plus, it will be subject to suspension or deactivation. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.

Page Plus Cellular
    Last edited by hyelton; 02-11-2011 at 11:21 AM.
    AT&T 3G Speedtest on my White Galaxy Note

Wi-Fi Speedtest

I am no longer a Primary Uscc User.
    Speedtest in Knox.TN EvDo Rev.A

My Photography www.hunterspad.net

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    and that is right.... if you want the iPhone from Verizon -- step up and play with the big boys and the big bill at VZW. You may have slipped through the cracks and gotten it activated for now. For now!! You were foolish to buy that Verizon iPhone in the first place hoping to use it on page plus.

Page Plus has great value, but you have to live within the limited choices. Not every Verizon phone can be activated or will be allowed to be activated forever on PP. That is not your right if the ESN is banned or gets banned. If you want an iPhone, plan on paying close to $100 a month with VZW or ATT.

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I don't think people should have posted e-mails from "the dealer". I got the same message, but let's give it a rest. Half of the people on here know who that dealer is...and a lot of the people in control on here do not like that dealer. Let's fan the flames before they blow out of control. People will always be jealous with success.... let's leave it at that.

Phones
    Galaxy S2
    Retired Mesmerise
    LG VX5600 Verizon Backup
    Carriers
    AT&T
    U.S.Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by luckystreich View Post
    I don't think people should have posted e-mails from "the dealer". I got the same message, but let's give it a rest. Half of the people on here know who that dealer is...and a lot of the people in control on here do not like that dealer. Let's fan the flames before they blow out of control. People will always be jealous with success.... let's leave it at that.
    Hope your not referring to me:/ I`m a dealer

Phones
    iPhone 4S 16GB
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Carriers
    StraightTalk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by luckystreich View Post
    and that is right.... if you want the iPhone from Verizon -- step up and play with the big boys and the big bill at VZW. You may have slipped through the cracks and gotten it activated for now. For now!! You were foolish to buy that Verizon iPhone in the first place hoping to use it on page plus.

Page Plus has great value, but you have to live within the limited choices. Not every Verizon phone can be activated or will be allowed to be activated forever on PP. That is not your right if the ESN is banned or gets banned. If you want an iPhone, plan on paying close to $100 a month with VZW or ATT.

Right......And my AT&T iPhone is going to be disconnected by StraightTalk too then huh?

Carriers
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Personally, I think you should be able to buy any phone you want and activate it anywhere you want, and I applaud you for activating your iPhone, but IIRC Verizon can and has run a sweep of ESNs that they want knocked off of Page Plus. Now whether they will do this for the probably very few iPhones that will even try to be activated, who knows. I think if they are really serious about this, they will just block all iPhone ESNs, like they do with the Pre-pads. My guess is that Verizon has asked Page Plus to voluntarily not activate any iPhones, as they know that the number will be small and it won't be worth their time to do much else. That, of course, is just my own opinion. I have no inside knowledge of any of this.

Carriers
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    In my honest opinion, I think Verizon making Page Plus Ban Iphones is Totally and Utterly BS! Verizon is getting there money and revenue from the Iphone from the person who is willing to shell out the kinda money you need to buy one without contract. Plus, Im sure Verizon gets a portion of the Money that PP Charges for monthly service. Everyone knows that the measly 50MB that PP gives you for a data allowance wont go far on an iphone, but so what! Verizon should welcome any and all money that they would receive whether its via there ridiculasly, stupidly, overpriced cell phone service, or through a smaller Pre paid mvno like Page Plus. Sorry for ranting, but this topic kinda steamed me up.

Feedback Score
    Verizon and Page Plus have both implemented phone bans from the past for their own reasons. Mostly money. The Blackberry/Treo ban (partially lifted) was a Page Plus move to save money they were losing because of the quirks of those two phone types messing up their billing system. Verizon's prepaid phone ban was to stem the bleeding on the subsidies they were losing on their prepaid phones being activated on lower revenue mvnos rather then directly on Verizon prepaid as originally intended. The Verizon iphone is expected to outsell all the Droids combined so is another move to prevent revenue loss.

It's all about the money. Period. The Verizon iphone may slip through in the beginning but if too many get through (like the Verizon prepaids did), they will start dropping the ban hammer.

If it happens, a few may be grandfathered in but woe betide anyone who decides to swap esns.

I'm sure all of the other Verizon mvnos which allow Verizon byod are affected too.

I would love to know how OP activated phone w/o going through Verizon though. Even if only for talk/text. That alone is a coup.

Good luck and hopefully they'll take a softer touch with the ban hammer.

If not, there's still Droids, other cdma networks that would allow iphones and gsm iphones.

It's not all over.

I do wish Page Plus would stop issuing edicts like it's god or something to its dealers.
    It's not.

Page Plus is lucky that it is the only mvno of its kind. If there were one other even Verizon byod mvno with their prices, and better CS, watch out. PPC would take a hit.

Phones
    iPhone 4S 16GB
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Carriers
    StraightTalk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Phone will be returned tomorrow due to the internet and MMS not working. When a workaround is available for the APN settings, Ill try again.

Phones
    iPhone 4S 16GB
    iPhone 4 16GB
    Carriers
    StraightTalk Wireless
    Feedback Score
    And another thing, this phone was purchased at full price $700. So Verizon is not loosing money on the subsidy. Baning this phone would be a lawsuit waiting to happen!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast