Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Motorola DROID 3 Pre-release Thread

Phone
    LTE Galaxy Nexus (Droid RAZR > Dinc2 > OG DROID > HTC Imagio > HTC Touch > Moto RAZR)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Motorola DROID 3 Pre-release Thread

What do we know so far? I'll start with this nuggest that was tweeted today by an infamous VZW engineer: http://twitter.com/#!/black_man_x/st...71618730971136

"dual core, better keyboard and stock 2.4 android and no blur..maybe we should call it... "D3- rise of the Mobile""

• Dual Core
    • Better Keyboard
    • Stock Android 2.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich Launch Device?)
    • NO BLUR

Of course, then he followed it up with: http://twitter.com/#!/black_man_x/st...73058849439744

"An Who said it HAD to be a moto device?? "Droid" is a Verizon leased trademark.. Remember that with ya locked bootloaders.. lol"

Well Panda, you mentioned "no blur" in your original post, which wouldn't make any sense if you were talking about a device made by anyone else. Nice try to cover your ash, but I'm not buying it. Motorola wouldn't let anyone else get the DROID 3.

This is the phone I've been waiting for. Hoping for a bigger screen, a GB of RAM, and 32 GB on board storage. Also - I know this is not likely and a pipe dream, but I'd love a version WITHOUT the keyboard, as improved as it may be.

Anyone got anything else?
    Smartphone Addict.

Phones
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Moto Droid as an accessory
    LG VX8350 (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well, the post and the tweets are a mystery to me.

I don't see how Motorola has any power over anything they don't own. And for the purposes of logic, Nexus is not unique. Hope Verizon's not kicking Motorola out of the bed--maybe Citrus was worse than we thought.

Phone
    LTE Galaxy Nexus (Droid RAZR > Dinc2 > OG DROID > HTC Imagio > HTC Touch > Moto RAZR)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I guess I didn't mean to imply so much that I thought Motorola had the power to keep any other manufacturer from making the DROID3, as much as I'd hope they would be able to build the best possible candidate for the model. And would want to.

Phones
    htc "Tundabawlt"
    DROID X
    OG DROID
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Not sure if this is a big surprise, but he also hinted that it won't be 4G. This would have been a must have for me if it was Lte, stock android, and is unlocked.

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by d1andONLYm View Post
    Not sure if this is a big surprise, but he also hinted that it won't be 4G. This would have been a must have for me if it was Lte, stock android, and is unlocked.
    same here...since 4g is coming to the tri-cities, tn in a couple of months, 4g is #1 priority for me.

Phone
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Obviously - to each their own - but 4G on my phone isn't going to be a deal breaker for me. Would I use it if it was there? Probably. But I'll have WiFi most places I go, and I intend to have an LTE tablet with me at most times that should be able to double as a hotspot if I need more data on my phone in a pinch.

Priority for me is stock android and development ability over LTE.

Phones
    htc "Tundabawlt"
    DROID X
    OG DROID
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If this is as open as the Droid 1 and is stock android, I may just settle on no 4G. I wonder how far out this device is?

Phones
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Moto Droid as an accessory
    LG VX8350 (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    +1. It was mentioned in other threads that several followups this year will not be 4g. Most of the country geographically will not be affected; and when it affects most people is still uncertain. The plan pricing may also be a factor.

Probably 6 mos or less.

Feedback Score
    Give me a "classic" Droid but with more ram, storage, cpu and battery life and I'd likely upgrade.
    I like the keyboard but I've always wondered why they don't make them modular. I'm sure that there are people who would want an X sized screen AND a keyboard or maybe a Droid but with an extended battery in place of the keyboard.

If they lock the bootloader though my next phone will be an HTC.

Sent via the HowardForums Android app

Phones
    htc "Tundabawlt"
    DROID X
    OG DROID
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm not sure how reliable GizmoFusion is but they tweeted today,

"Exciting Android OS 2.4 and Verizon news coming tomorrow... Expect a post "

MWC doesn't seem like the place for U.S. focused news, but the eXperia Play was announced for Verizon today so who knows.

Phones
    Motorola Q9 Nap
    Samsung Omnia
    Motorola Q, Q9M
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Is this the Solana that was mentioned in another thread?

Phone
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    More info backing up the original post...

http://gizmofusion.com/2011/02/exclu...-droid-lineup/

Monday’s are usually not to exciting, but the news we were able to gather over the weekend and bring to you should spice it up a bit. Two of our informants have let us in on some interesting information. Remember when we first talked about Motorola and Verizon pushing out OS 2.3 to their Droid lineup, including the Droid X, Droid 2, and Droid 2 Global? We are now hearing that OS 2.4 is ALSO in testing for Motorola and “possibly” could be pushed instead of OS 2.3.

Both OS 2.3 and 2.4 are Gingerbread, just as OS 2.0 and 2.1 were both codename Eclair. The differences between 2.3 and 2.4 are minimal if at all visually but driver/software/firmware/hardware wise 2.4 will incorporate full NFS compatibility as well as dual-core support from the OS itself. A big deal when you have a dual-core phone, say something like the DroidX2 and Droid 3? Yep…

Thanks P and S!

Phones
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Moto X XT1053 T-Mobile Moto X XT1060 DE VZW
    Motorola Razr M XT907 DE
    Carriers
    Verizon
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by string View Post
    Is this the Solana that was mentioned in another thread?
    Yes, Solana => Droid 3.
    kbman

Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

Read more, post less.

Phones
    Motorola Q9 Nap
    Samsung Omnia
    Motorola Q, Q9M
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks! Can any of the specs from the OP be corroborated? Will it be a 4"? Vertical or horizontal slider? HDMI out? Will it dock? Camera any better?

Phones
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Moto X XT1053 T-Mobile Moto X XT1060 DE VZW
    Motorola Razr M XT907 DE
    Carriers
    Verizon
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    2 cameras, definitely Blur, OMAP4, Global, same screen resolution,5Mp camera, 2.2.1 Android build version as of now...no I don't have the device.

Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast