Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LG Optimus V Messaging Problem

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

LG Optimus V Messaging Problem

I have a new LG Optimus V from Virgin Mobile and just noticed that it will not receive MMS (picture) messages! I called VMCS and they started an investigation case but said it may be up to 3 days! I also have a second Optimus V that works fine!

Anyone have this issue? Anyway to fix faster than VM?

The rest of the phone seems to work fine...I just can't receive MMS (text SSM works fine also)

Feedback Score
    Was it just yesterday/today that it would not receive MMSs? Mine has been pretty much functional, but when I tried it out a few times this morning, I failed in sending and receiving. Gave it about 40 minutes, and it started working again.

Hubby's would not work when we tried it out when his phone was a couple days old, but by the day after, it was fine. I'm thinking it's more of VM issues than phone issues, and is hiccup-y.

Feedback Score
    Just tested it out and can't received MMS also. Did a quick search on google and it seems like it's a known issue and VM is working on it.

Feedback Score
    I have had nothing but problems with picture messaging with this phone. Told me to reboot and wait 4 hours no help.

Phones
    Motorola V3m
    LG Scoop
    Carrier
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    I am having a similar problem. I can text back and forth with my wife just fine- I've had my Optimus activated about 3 full days now, she's still on StraightTalk.

But I can send her pic messages just fine but if she sends them to me I never receive them.
    Go Hokies!

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have been successful in sending and receiving picture messages to phones on the VM plan but have not had a chance to test it to someone on a different network. I have been unable to send audio and have not tried video.

Phones
    Android All Day!!!!!!
    Moto Triumph (metro)
    Htc Incredible 2 (metro,Miui WEB,MMS,GPS,APPS)
    Carriers
    Metro Pcs
    MetroPcs
    Feedback Score
    I'm having this problem to its just reciving pics but I use m3 email for that so its not big issue fire me

Sent via the HowardForums Android app

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I'm having the same thing, and upon asking VM about it, received an email stating that they know about it and they're working on it. I'd probably be more angry about it, but at $25 a month I'd be super surprised if everything was running perfectly all the time. So are people on phones other than the Optimus having issues, or are they only screwing with their new smartphone subscribers?

Carrier
    Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I did have a chance to do a test with a US Cellular user. They received my pics fine and I received theirs as well.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I had the expired message problem too.. rebooting let me download the MMS though. I had much more severe problems back when the Intercept first came out so this doesn't bother me too much since it does work.

Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Toyota | let's go places

Primary: iPhone 5S and LG G2: 5 lines, 1x $15 5GB data, 2x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, myFaves, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $88/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4 & Optimus Dynamic II: TracFone (Verizon); Galaxy Epic: RingPlus (Sprint)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE | Galaxy Tab 3 w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE

Phones
    Motorola Triumph, LG Optimus V
    Motorola Triumph
    LG Optimus V
    Carrier
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It seems to be touch-and-go with MMS and Virgin Mobile. Is the Optimus alone with its issues then, or does it just happen to be a rediscovered issue for a new generation of people coming to Virgin Mobile?

Sent from my Jax using Tapatalk

Phone
    Moto Atrix4G
    Carrier
    StraightTalk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLand_BoY View Post
    I had the expired message problem too.. rebooting let me download the MMS though. I had much more severe problems back when the Intercept first came out so this doesn't bother me too much since it does work.

I think they're experiencing something different than the expired message error, it sounds like they aren't getting the MMS AT ALL. The expired message error seems like some slowness with VM, maybe their servers take forever to upload it or something, usually waiting 30 minutes to an hour will let me download the message just fine. No reboot required. In fact when I did try to reboot and then download it, that did nothing for me, I still got the expired error. I then tried again in about an hour and it downloaded right away. I've had this issue since switching to VM back in October on both the Intercept and the Optimus.

Feedback Score
    ok so i had the same problem but if you go to- settings - applications - development - and check allow mock locations it recieves the pics fine, hopefully it works for everyone who has the same problem.

Phone
    Moto Atrix4G
    Carrier
    StraightTalk (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    Just recently my MMS have started downloading immediately upon receipt. I haven't changed any settings and I have never had mock locations turned on. I think that VM finally has the Android MMS figured out or maybe the recent upgrades have resolved the previous issues we were having.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The stock messaging app does not work for me at all; I am not sure if it ever has. When I try to send, the messages just sit in the inbox and never get delivered. I can receive messages just fine. Go SMS did the same thing. I tried Handcent and it works just as expected, including MMS. It's just very strange.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast