Thread: Is PP supposed to charge to check voicemail when you call it from a non-PP phone?

Phone
    Samsung
    Feedback Score

Is PP supposed to charge to check voicemail when you call it from a non-PP phone?

"Calls you place to your Voice Mailbox from your Page Plus phone will simply cost you the airtime for the call."

There is no mention of being charged when you call from an outside phone. Is it fair for PP to be charging to check VM when you don't use your PP phone to call your voicemail?

Voice Mail
    What is it?
    Voice Mail works like an answering machine for your Page Plus phone. Voice messages to you can be retrieved from a Voice Mailbox.

How much does it cost?
    Voice Mail is automatically included with Page Plus service. Calls you place to your Voice Mailbox from your Page Plus phone will simply cost you the airtime for the call.

How do I add it to my plan?
    Voice Mail is automatically included with Page Plus service.

How do I use it?
    To access your Voice Mailbox, dial #738 from your Page Plus phone, and then enter your password when prompted. Alternatively, you can access the voice mailbox remotely:

1.Call your Page Plus phone from another number, such as a home phone.
    2.Wait to hear your greeting.
    3.Press the # button to access the Voice Mailbox, and then enter your password when prompted.

Phones
    HTC Ozone
    Pantech PN-820
    Carrier
    1. Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Yes, it charges to check your voicemail from any phone because you're accessing it through your PP phone number.

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2, Motorola Droid X, Nokia Lumia 520
    Carrier
    Page Plus Cellular, Lycamobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mrvmrvmrv View Post
    Yes, it charges to check your voicemail from any phone because you're accessing it through your PP phone number.
    I just checked the call log on my PP account. It doesn't look like I'm being charged for accessing my voice mail from my landline number, even after my TnT1200 expired. My cash balance is still $1.00, the same as it was yesterday.

You are charged only if you access your voice mail from your handset but not charged to access it from another phone.

The only exception to this is if you use the Conditional Call Forwarding feature to setup your line to use a voice mail service other than Verizon's. In that case, you will be billed for all calls to your voicemail from any phone.

Phone
    Too many to list
    Carriers
    VZW,
    AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've used PP numbers for years for voicemail in distance cities. A great deal for $2.50 a month, and no, you do not get charged when others leave you a message or when you check your voicemail from phones other than your PP line.

Phone
    Samsung
    Feedback Score
    Some of you are saying you do get charged, while others are saying you do not get charged - for accessing your PP voicemail through a non-PP phone. I AM getting charged for accessing my voicemail even though Im calling it from my home phone.

Why the discrepancy? It seems illogical that some would be charged and some not. The number showing up on my bill is my own PP phone # and it corresponds to when Im checking my voicemail from my landline.

Can we clear up this issue, if its supposed to be charging or not? In the PP FAQ, it only says you will be charged if you access your VMB through your PP phone. THere is no mention of being charged when accessing through a non-PP phone.

Phones
    Droid 3, SE W518,
    Atrix HD, HTC 8925
    Carrier
    TMO, H2O, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    I have noticed that whenever my PP voicemail is accessed (not with my phone), the call records will show "outgoing call" and my phone number, but the $$ balance stays the same, it is not reduced.

Carriers
    Verizon,
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I check my voice-mails all the time with my land-line or another phone and my balance stays the same. Now if I check my voice-mails with my PagePlus phone, then I get charged for the call.

Phone
    HTC Droid Incredible 2
    Carriers
    PagePlus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I have never been charged to check my PagePlus voicemail from a landline. Are you positive that your balance is decreasing when you see the activity in your online PagePlus account?
    PagePlus---13 Years & Counting . . . . . Lycamobile---1 Year & Counting
    *Ericsson AF738, Jul 2001-Dec 2003, *Qualcomm QCP 2760, Dec 2003-Feb 2008, *LG VX-8600, Feb 2008-Apr 2010, *Samsung Omnia SCH-i910, Apr 2010-Nov 2011, *HTC Droid Incredible (CM7.2 ROM), Nov 2011-Jun 2013, *HTC Droid Incredible 2 (CM7.2 ROM), Jun 2013-Present

Phone
    Samsung
    Feedback Score
    OK, youre right. I was looking at the wrong line on my statement. It DOES NOT deduct when you call from a separate line to check your VMB. Sorry for the confusion.