Phones
    VX8350
    ENV2
    V3M Razor
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

For last 3 days phone keeps using 1x instead of 3g

My original Droid 1 has recently started being in 1x mode instead of 3g. I started to notice this on Feb 10th. It doesn't happen all the time but probably happened 5-6 times over the weekend. I am using the phone in the same areas around Columbus, OH and in the same way but over the past 6 months, I haven't seen it use 1x mode more than once or twice.

Are there network problems around Columbus right now...Is it a problem with my phone or just with original droids?

Anyone else notice this happening to their phone?

Carrier
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    Luckily you chose Verizon, so if there is a switch or tower problem, they will fix it quickly after you call them.

Phones
    Motorola Moto X
    Motorola Moto X
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe12304 View Post
    Luckily you chose Verizon, so if there is a switch or tower problem, they will fix it quickly after you call them.
    HA! that made me laugh

Phones
    Samsung Galaxy S III (VZW)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    It's the kill-switch. Time for you to upgrade to a ThunderBolt 4G or an iPhone 4.

- VDubb

Phones
    Motorola Moto X
    Motorola Moto X
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've seen this with the OG in the forums a few times, where it just suddenly stops getting an EV signal. Buying a new phone solved this issue :-\

Carrier
    AT&T - Mobilizing Your World
    Feedback Score
    Or, could be the first signs of congestion with the iPhone 4 on VZW.

Sent from my AT&T iPhone using HowardForums.
    iPhone and iOS are too complete to beat!!!

Phones
    N/A
    Droid 2 Global
    LG VX9800 "The V" (backup)
    Carriers
    Verizon Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    When I have had my phones drop from 3G down to 1X, it has meant that VZW was doing site work. In Iowa City, I got flashing "EV" for *weeks* while Verizon initially added 3G. I got intermittent drops to 1X when VZW added a second 3G channel, and last month some more when they added a 3rd (and possibly started "paving the way" for LTE?) (These second two lasted a week or two, but it'd be like it acted up a few times one day, then no problem for days on end, then act up again for a day or two... I suppose as they worked on sites near enough to where I was to affect me versus working somewhere else.)

I seriously doubt Wide_opeN's suggestion, but it IS possible. When VZW had 1 EVDO channel here, and a basketball or football game was in town (Kinnick holds 80,000 people), my EVDO speeds would drop to approximately 1X speeds, then I would get kicked down to 1X (apparently, there's SOME kind of load-balancing to avoid the situation AT&T has sometimes where people force EDGE to get better speeds than they get on 3G.)

Phones
    Motorola Moto X
    Motorola Moto X
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_opeN View Post
    Ugh, please keep your crackpot baseless suggestions to yourself. No network is going to collapse overnight because of a new phone, especially since it is pretty clear that the vzw iphone didn't even sell that well yet.

Phones
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Moto Droid as an accessory
    LG VX8350 (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    Ugh, please keep your crackpot baseless suggestions to yourself. No network is going to collapse overnight because of a new phone, especially since it is pretty clear that the vzw iphone didn't even sell that well yet.
    Yes, please use my new thread for all crackpot baseless suggestions.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...-handle-iphone.

Phones
    A phone
    with buttons
    'n stuff
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hwertz View Post
    I seriously doubt Wide_opeN's suggestion, but it IS possible. When VZW had 1 EVDO channel here, and a basketball or football game was in town (Kinnick holds 80,000 people), my EVDO speeds would drop to approximately 1X speeds, then I would get kicked down to 1X (apparently, there's SOME kind of load-balancing to avoid the situation AT&T has sometimes where people force EDGE to get better speeds than they get on 3G.)
    Have you ever tried using ATT at a major event? It's like they never think anyone will show up.

Do they have anything similar to the COWs and COLTs Verizon is always deploying?

Sent from my DROIDX

Skipwith, Virginia, United States, United States
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    My Droid X has been doing the same thing for a while here in Southern VA and several friends phones have been doing same thing and for a while today everyone on Verizon around here completely lost service for a while we had data although it said extended network but we couldn't send any texts or make any calls it lasted about 30 mins

Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    Its happening here too, but it will go back to 3G if you put it in airplane mode or just wait (and not transmit any data on 1X)

People say its a sign of LTE. And I am in a market that is supposed to get it this year...
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Redwood Valley, Northwestern California (Previous-Pocatello, Idaho(90-97)/Southern California(71-90)
    Phone
    HTC One M8/Samsung Galaxy Note 3/Nokia Lumia 521
    Carrier
    AT&T/T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I've noticed my iPhone 4 switching over to Extended Network (U.S. Cellular) at my place more often over the past couple of days. It could just be problems with the site serving my house, a MonoPine (Mono Pole designed to resemble a Pine Tree) with USCC and VZ panels on it, or maybe they're adding bandwidth. Of course Verizon only roams 1X on USCC, who has EVDO here too, though USCC can roam here onto Verizon's EVDO.

Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wide_opeN View Post

Sent from my AT&T iPhone using HowardForums.
    Oh get over it. Verizon isn't having any problems. Go back to your trolling page over at AT&T.
    v Speed Test with my Motorola Droid in AL. Droid Does (and so Does Verizon).

Speed Test with my Motorola Droid in Birmingham, AL. Droid Does (and so Does Verizon).^

Speed Test with DSL internet with AT&T(Bellsouth). Horrible.

Phones
    Razr MAXX & Wifi Xoom(me)
    Droid X(wife) Razr MAXX(rug rat 1)
    MIFI Hot Spot
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This has been happening with my d1 over the past 3 weeks but not happening with the wife's d1. We was traveling from Petersburg Virginia to lynchburg Virginia & mines kept switching from 3g to 1x while hers stayed on 3g. We both have the same software version & PRL.

edit: Would also like to add that it does seem similar to when Virginia was being upgraded from 1x to 3g but this time its only my phone.

Sent from my D1!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast