Thread: Huawei Ascend: How Do You Deal With The Slowness?

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score

Huawei Ascend: How Do You Deal With The Slowness?

How do you deal with the slowness of the Huawei Ascend?

I an NOT looking to root, or overclock. How else can I get this phone to speed up? I saw a family member's Optimus V and it was amazing compared to this phone.

Between the slowness of this phone and streaming radio not working I am beginning to dislike this phone.

When are more smartphones coming out?

Sent via the HowardForums Android app

Phones
    Moto Rzr Maxx
    Motorola Rzr Maxx
    Samsung Restore
    Carriers
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I mean it is a relatively inexpensive entry level droid phone with a 600mhz processor, what did you expect from it? I mean going in when I bought my 2 I figured it wasn't gonna be as fast as my friends Evo or Fascinate. But it was also only $129 as opposed to $350. If you haven't done so already dl Go Launcher. For some reason it has almost completely stopped my severe battery draining and has speed up navigation through home screens.

Feedback Score
    So your not willing to do anything to the phone but you want it to speed up? What was the point of the post?

Carrier
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I think I'm just going to wait for the update to Android 2.2. I don't want to take a chance in messing up the phone.

Phones
    Moto Rzr Maxx
    Motorola Rzr Maxx
    Samsung Restore
    Carriers
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    i've rooted and unrooted numerous times. Deleted all the bloatware with no issues at all. To the best of my knowledge there isn't a ROM for the ascend for OC'n yet, although I have heard people supposedly getting 800 out of it. Get z4root it has a option to be temporary, you can revert back with a simple reboot. Everything is right here in the forum.

Carriers
    Verizon (Personal)
    Cricket (Work)
    Feedback Score
    I agree with Darksyderydaz. rooting helps big time with the overclocking tool. It is important to understand that while yes, the tool can be used for overclocking, the purpose when thinking about battery life is to drastically underclock, so it uses less cpu while the screen is off.

My Ascend out of the box is much better in regards to battery life than my Zio was. After I rooted, just for the sake of underclocking my battery can last a day easy, two days if call volume is low. I do not have a lot of stuff running in the background, just my work email which alone gets 40-100 emails a day, depending on how much is going on.

Feedback Score
    go to myascend.org and look for Icarus 1.1 rom. Works well for the ascend and makes it a better phone imo.