Thread: net10 phones to straighttalk

Feedback Score

net10 phones to straighttalk

how do I actavate a new net10 phone on my straighttalk account because i could never find the LG900 at no stores and straighttalk quit offering them on there website so i found them at best buy in net10 and i know net10 and straighttalk are all tracphone help please. One more thing I keep hearing straighttalk customers calling net10 cs for help and getting it cause even I know straighttalk cs sucks so with that said maybe I just need to do a lot of *****ing maybe to get this done
    Last edited by gman72; 02-15-2011 at 09:18 PM.

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto Droid X2
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Not possible. Sorry, America Movil companies do not work this way, even considering CDMA-like or GSM-like phone swaps, both types being used by all AM companies. Wrong notion.

Phone
    Cingular 2125
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Officially, it's not possible. StraightTalk SIMs won't work in any phone other than a StraightTalk branded phone.

Having said that, there was a report that the "ID" that identifies it as a Tracfone device is common to many of their devices.

You'll need a StraightTalk SIM, but if you install it in a Net10 GSM device, there is at least a chance of it working, according to what has been said on this forum. You might have to unlock the phone, but that's not usually very complicated.

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    I would assume the main problem would be the airtime tank. Although, some straight talk phones have a vestigial airtime tank.

Phones
    LG Optimus T
    Moto Droid X2
    Carrier
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Heh-heh; he said vestigial.

Feedback Score
    Maybe you could have just bought the phone online?? They probably sell on the net10 website..

Feedback Score
    There is no byod on any Tracfone network with the exception of the Exx Nokia series sim in a unlocked gsm trick (which costs two hundred bucks).

The closest thing to byod here is to just put the Net10 phone on a Net10 unlimited plan.

If you're using the 1000 minute plan, get a Verizon phone, port out to Page Plus. For the same price, you get 1200 minutes/2000 texts and 100 megs. A way better deal.

The Net10 unlimited deal costs 5 dollars more but it also allows you to switch to paygo. ST does not have a paygo option.

Feedback Score
    Wrong.

I've used 2 AT&T phones, one iPhone and one Android HTC, on Straight Talk. Iphone merely required a simple jailbreak to reset the APN settings. With the Android phone, the APN setting change was very easy, and required zero tweaking. Afterward, removed the AT&T SIM and dropped in the Straight Talk SIM.....no issues. Of course, the Straight Talk SIM is is really an AT&T network SIM, licensed or private labeled to Straight Talk