Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Project #Rogers411 - CCTS Complaint re Rogers 411 Fee Hike

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by iridescence View Post
    My point was that I don't think that a rate increase should equal free 411. I think that they should get exactly what is warranted in this situation if CCTS and Rogers decide on it, which is a .50 credit per 411 call.

And I've already said that while I support the effort about sms, no, I do not support the protest against the 411 increase. I don't consider 411 to be an integral part of cellphone service in the way that minutes, long distance, text messaging and data are. I know you don't understand it, it's just the way I feel.
    Bell Victim is simply trying to have the consumer make a point to the provders..."these changes are not acceptable. It doesn't matter if it affects me or not, it is not acceptable. some customer will be affected by this change and it is not acceptable"

Feedback Score
    Oh, I know, and with sms and the local calling area changes, etc, I agree. I think that the carriers either need to change their TOS to indicate that price plans and features are the only things guaranteed, or they need to just code rate increases into new price plans. But I view 411 as separate, that's all.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    ^I agree with re-coding.

PPU LD rates were coded into plans. Why not code PPU SMS rates into plans and simply only have the change take affect if a plan change occurs.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, PostPaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ra_Harmakis View Post
    All that might happen is that Rogers deleys the Price increase, adds a bill notice stating the new date, and the OP is now happy as he has his 30 days notice.
    No, not correct.

The fact that Rog didn't give 30 days notice is just more of the usual, underhanded stuff Rog does.

The crux of the issue here is actually that the CoC (to which Rog is an undersigned) says (in part) that Rog will:
    a) notify cx's 30 days in advance and
    b) let cx's either 1) stay on unchanged contract or 2) [email protected]=$0

Regardless of Rog fulfilling a) the remedies of b) still apply.

Question: How did you find out about this increase?
    Congruent with my OP, I saw it on the Rog website at:
    rogers.com/411

If your question was intended to ask how did I find myself looking at the /411 page, it's because in my verification of the info I post here I regularly double-check with the actual Rog website and I came across that page in my travels.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, PostPaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldIRC View Post
    Bell Victim is simply trying to have the consumer make a point to the provders..."these changes are not acceptable. It doesn't matter if it affects me or not, it is not acceptable. some customer will be affected by this change and it is not acceptable"
    Almost accurate.

My end-game hope (a pie-in-the-sky dream I admit) is that Rog will find it more trouble that it's worth to jack rates on people mid-contract, so Rog will one day stop the scummy practise.

Wrastling free stuff or special SOC's out of Rog is just a means to that end.

A pleasant means, I'll admit - ask anyone who achieved free umlim Cda-wide LD in response to the LCA shrinkage : )

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Even PPU data wouldn't cost $2.50 to get a phone number off WAP 411.ca

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, PostPaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by iridescence View Post
    My point was that I don't think that a rate increase should equal free 411.
    I agree there Iri, BTW!

But if Rog has no means to let the cx "remain on the unchanged contract" then Rog can suck up [email protected]=$0 (or offer the cx something so irresistible that a cx won't say no - particularly appealing to those who don't actually want to [email protected]=$0).

Or Rog could just not jack people's rates mid-contract. (That'd be awfully nice - I'd have to stop watching my back all the time).

I think that they should get exactly what is warranted in this situation if CCTS and Rogers decide on it, which is a .50 credit per 411 call.
    As long as no additional burden is placed on the cx - e.g. having to call in and seek credits, then I concur. Yet I most vehemently disagree if you are trying to say that a cx should have to call in to manually have their bill adjusted.

Feedback Score
    Just wanted to update

On the phone with Rogers ATM

They are trying to tell me they will add a note to credit any 411 fees I may incur. Told them this was unacceptable and the CCTS would agree with me.

They are now looking to give me a directory access fee credit, which I will gladly agree to if I do not have to call in every month.
    Phones Owned & ratings:
    N95 (8/10)
    HTC Touch pro2 (8.5/10)
    HTC Dream (6/10)
    HTC Magic (7/10)
    SEX10 (4/10)
    HTC Desire HD (9.5/10)

Feedback Score
    Another update. They added the credit which the add to those who are visually impaired

So just wanted to say... I'm happy

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arjun_Rudra View Post
    Another update. They added the credit which the add to those who are visually impaired

Great, now use 411 all you can ..but we all knew no one would get their contract cancelled, just remedy.

Feedback Score
    ^haha. Yes i'm not getting my plan canceled Oh well not a big deal. I am happy with the plan I have and wouldn't benefit necesarily by switching. Just wanted Rogers to know they can't go about changing rate plans as they feel.

The women from the OotP was surprisingly helpful, and she sympathized with my plight but in the unfortunately did not agree that Rogers can't change stuff mid contract (despite agreeing with the CWTA statement saying that they must remedy or cancel).

I think Rogers should not be changing this on its customers, and it should instead by keeping customers in contract on existing rates.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    ^The problem stems from the top. If the CEO of the company thinks it is acceptable to change a service agreement, then marketing will think this, and then everyone under them, including the OOP, will think these changes are acceptable.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, PostPaid
    Feedback Score
    They are trying to tell me they will add a note to credit any 411 fees I may incur. Told them this was unacceptable and the CCTS would agree with me.
    #winning

They added the credit which the add to those who are visually impaired
    #won

#welldeserved

Congrats, and think how well versed you have now become not just in the specifics of dealing with Rog stuff but in the general sense of standing up for what you believed in, learning about it and implementing it successfully to protect your side of 'the bargain'.

Oh, and thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience - it's certainly satisfying to see it come together for someone and your describing your success will hopefully inspire and motivate others as well.

Feedback Score
    There is a trick around 411. It's call Google.

Sent from my iPhone 3GS using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    ^Not the point of this thread.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast