Thread: LG 900G question - not enough memory????

Phones
    IPHONE 4S
    IPHONE 4S
    Carrier
    SPRINT
    Feedback Score

LG 900G question - not enough memory????

what exactly does this mean???

i tried to log on to my bank's website today and could not because it said i did not have enough memory. is there a way to fix this??

Phone
    Moto W260G, LG420G, LG500G, LG600G, LG900G, Optimus V
    Carrier
    Tracfone Virgin
    Feedback Score
    You will experience 'Not enough memory' on many web sites you visit, and not just your bank.

The reason is, the phone has a fixed allocation of about 300k when loading web pages, and all the junk they put on them today. Additionally if you send or receive a multimedia message you are limited to 300k max. as well.

The LG420G and LG600G are the same way. I mentions this so you won't feel bad

So how can you fix this. Well, you can install Opera Mini web browser:

http://www.opera.com/mobile/download/versions/

Noe that Opera speeds up your web experience greatly. It does this by fetching the web page and then spits it at you (transcoded) with reduced quality graphics and re-aligning the text so it's better suited to your screen, and greatly shortens download time.

Now, whether your bank web page will be complete enough for you to actually use it, like any web page, you'd just have to try it

K-L-M - Eternal tech support
    "I spend more time tech-supporting Tracfones than actually using them!"

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    You will need to download another browser like bolt or opera. Guess he beat me to it.

Phones
    IPHONE 4S
    IPHONE 4S
    Carrier
    SPRINT
    Feedback Score
    thank you both for the answers!!
    i have searched ebay for a usb data transfer cable for this phone - but could someone please tell me in simple terms how to download things like the opera browser from the site to my phone using this?? i had a simple little Samsung A177 before this phone and i had the ability to download so many things to it straight from the AT&T website straight to the phone so i am not sure what to do. and i could surf the 'net,too without any difficulty. i know this is a newer phone and i really like it. i just have to keep reminding myself of that when i get frustrated with the lack of info and simple things like accessories for it. i am so glad i found this site!!

Phone
    Carrier
    Tracfone Virgin
    Feedback Score
    @ shesallthat - How to download I never activated my LG900G actually, but I found the interface to be the same as the 420, which I also deactivated. I'll try to help however.

Go to the phone browser and you will have to Enter URL:

Once the page loads pick the Opera mini 5.1, how ever it shows up in that browser. Do not get the (S60) or Blackberry. You want: opera-mini-latest-advanced-en.jar, You can grab the .JAD file next to it if you want. It's just a user setting info type file for the .JAR.

Now, if the 900 is like the LG420, I had to highlight the link, Press left soft key for options and hit download. I dunno how this goes on the 900. Maybe you don't have to do that.

The file must be less than 300k, or the browser will not download it. Opera mini is 270k so that's good.

Once downloaded, I will assume the file went into the other files folder (not sounds ,not pictures, etc.). Find the downloaded file and select it. The phone will proceed to install it. It will ask to install it under games or applications. Application of course!

It's installed!

Hopefully that will be enough to get you by.

But keep in mind, you you keep this phone and you end up doing a lot of file shuffling, you are going to need that data cable or set up bluetooth to handle the larger files in the future.

Have fun!

[me] - Eternal tech support
    "I spend more time tech-supporting Tracfones than actually using them!"

Phones
    IPHONE 4S
    IPHONE 4S
    Carrier
    SPRINT
    Feedback Score
    K-L-M

the phone won't let me go to that address because of "insufficient memory. unable to proceed." it keeps saying!

Phone
    Carrier
    Tracfone Virgin
    Feedback Score
    Okay, the web page exceeds that content limit I told you about, therefore you cannot even visit the Opera web page. If you can get Opera mini installed, this will no longer happen.

Okay, here is the direct link to the Opera mini 5 .JAR:

http://mini.opera.com/download-5/ope...ismobile=false

Yep, it's a lot to type in but, there it is.

Alternatively, but I myself don't recommend...

Some where out there other web sites will SMS (how can you SMS 270k of data?) it to your phone. You can go to getjar.com, search for Opera mini, hit download, and when it asks you for our phone type enter in GW300 (same thing as LG900G) and then, the part I don't like at all is, they need your phones number to 'SMS' (as they claim) it to you. It will appear in your messages screen. find out how to open your attached and the phone should recognize it and then ask about installing etc.

I never tried getjar.com/don't do getjar.com.

For those reading along, this is why I stress skip trying to use the build in browser to download/view anything, and break down and buy a data, cable or enable bluetooth or buy a micro SD card to get files into your phone to avoid this problem. Plus, you can store all your phone applications, etc. on your PC for safekeeping.

K-L-M - Eternal tech support
    "How I figured out my phone out was- I read the manual. When that didn't work I just started pressing buttons! If that didn't not work, I sought out every post I could find on the phone first before asking questions."

Motorola W260G-A Tracfone that you can't accidentially hit the bowesr button. It has no browser button!

Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    Definitely recommend downloading bolt to your computer then transfer it to a SD card then put it in your phone. I've been using the full version of bolt and haven't visited a site that it can't handle yet.

Phone
    LG900G
    Carrier
    Net10 (AT&T)
    Feedback Score
    I'm new to this forum. Didn't see an Introduction place so I'll say Hello to the forum here in my first post.

Also new to a Net10 LG900G. Did have some issues activating the phone allegedly related to an improper scan at POS. Eventually gave up on Net10 support for that issue and returned the phone for exchange. Activation of the second phone was successful and I was able to transfer phone number, minutes and days with the help of Net10 tech. Props to them on handling of that issue.

On topic, last night I downloaded Opera to computer, transferred to phone via micro sd and installed. Seems to work OK. That displayed page sure is tiny. I'll need to spend some time familiarizing myself with the browser.
    Luddite geezer

Carrier
    Net10
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=K-L-M;14278524]You will experience 'Not enough memory' on many web sites you visit, and not just your bank.

The reason is, the phone has a fixed allocation of about 300k when loading web pages, and all the junk they put on them today. Additionally if you send or receive a multimedia message you are limited to 300k max. as well.

The LG420G and LG600G are the same way. I mentions this so you won't feel bad

So how can you fix this. Well, you can install Opera Mini web browser:

Noe that Opera speeds up your web experience greatly. It does this by fetching the web page and then spits it at you (transcoded) with reduced quality graphics and re-aligning the text so it's better suited to your screen, and greatly shortens download time.

Now, whether your bank web page will be complete enough for you to actually use it, like any web page, you'd just have to try it
    Last edited by Manko; 07-23-2011 at 02:54 AM.

Carriers
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Manko View Post
    Hi, I went to the link you supplied for Opera Mini, and when I got to the site I was prompted to select my phone make and model from a list provided...but the LG900G was not on the list...nor was there anything that looked like an LG900G. I just picked mine up an hour ago, and am trying to set it up.

One other problem I am having is with the included 4GM SIM card that was installed in the SD slot. I read the On-Line manual as to how to format a card so that it can be recognized...but when I get to the Memory Card option under settings...Option number 4 (extended memory) is grayed out, so I am unable to do anything with it. I called the store where I bought it and was advised to pull the card for about an hour, then put it back in and check again...that reportedly has worked in the past.

I would appreciate any ideas!

Thanks,
    Manko
    It`s also known as the GW300 in an earlier release. Tutorials:
    http://tracfone.deviceanywhere.com/s...G&locale=en_US

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    Here is how to put Opera Mini on the LG900G. I keep having to go back to my original post to copy it. It has worked for everyone else. It was answering someone else's question so ignore the personal references. The point that should be noted is you don't go to the regular web site on your phone, you go to their mobile web page. ONE IMPORTANT NOTE: Do this with the memory card out, otherwise it MIGHT give you a installation error message, usually happens when the default memory is set for external memory. After you install it to the phone successfully you can put the card in and move it to the card if you want. Also, references to Opera 6.0 probably read Opera 6.1 now.

Here are the magic steps to follow:
    Menu>Browser>Enter Address (then type m.opera.com after the http://) and then hit the OK button. That takes you
    to a page that offers to install Opera 4.3 (Don’t choose that one), choose the “Other download options” and hit the
    OK button. On the page it brings up go down the page until you see “Options for Opera Mini 6:” -- (or “Options for
    Opera 4.3:” depending which version you want) and select the link under it that says “Select Code-Signing Certificate”.

On the page it brings up next you can choose one of those links to get a signed version. Your choices are All
    certificates, No certificates, Thwarte certificate, or Verisign certificate. I use Opera 6 and the All certificates version,
    the only pop-ups I get are warnings I’m about to use airtime costing me minutes which is fine. After you choose a
    certificate option it brings up the next page that allows you to download that version (6 or 4.3) with the signed certificates.

Select to download it and hit the OK button. After it finishes downloading go to the other files folder and run the
    jar file to install it. After you install it you can Move it to your external memory card if you want. Hope that helps!

SIDE NOTE IF YOU WANT BOLT BROWSER: Use your phone's native browser, after you remove the memory card, and go to this address:
    http://boltbrowser.com/bolts2.jad
    That is the direct link to download the program to your phone. Follow the prompts and give it permission whenever it asks. After it installs you can reinsert your card and move it to the card if you want. If you want to play with Bolt on their web site:
    http://boltbrowser.com/demo/
    Last edited by BobbyLee; 07-22-2011 at 11:44 PM.

Carrier
    TF GSM & ST CDMA
    Feedback Score
    gzrx,
    Here is the link for the 'Guide to using Opera for phones', really good reference when I was new to Opera Mini, bookmark it:
    http://www.opera.com/mobile/help/guide/