Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon Home Phone Connect release and information thread

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score

Verizon Home Phone Connect release and information thread

=>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Device(s)
    G'zone Boulder
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Can't wait for reviews of this service. $20 a month for unlimited is a real deal!

Device(s)
    enV Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    sounds very interesting! From one of the links:

and connect your phone to it using a standard RJ11 telephone cord (though it doesn't say if you can plug the Home Phone Connect right into your wall-jack so it will send service to all connected house phones in other rooms)
    That's a big one. If I can't plug it into a wall-jack, then its no go for me. Need phone line service to all outlets in my house (DVR for caller-id, Alarm system, phones in other rooms).

There is also Caller ID, but according to the User Manual, it will only show the incoming caller's number, not their name....
    that's also kind of a downer, but not necessarily a deal breaker. Definitely worth the trade off for just $9.99 a month.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by phantomog View Post

That's a big one. If I can't plug it into a wall-jack, then its no go for me. Need phone line service to all outlets in my house (DVR for caller-id, Alarm system, phones in other rooms).

that's also kind of a downer, but not necessarily a deal breaker. Definitely worth the trade off for just $9.99 a month.
    Just disconnect the service at the box outside first!!! of course you can use more than 1 phone with it, unless you are running a really old bell phone that requires too much power to ring, ... there is no good reason for it to not work!
    as for DVR upgrade and use broadband lol) alarm same or get a wireless option for it) just my 2 cents... those probably won't work, standard phones will work.

What I don't get is how can this be 19.99 for unlimited Talk, yet a cell phone would be 69.99~ or $60 on vzw prepaid I don't see how it is any diff...

Also I dont know any reason it wouldnt work with a Network extender, presumably it's just a 1Xrtt phone that's stationary, but technically I could put it in my car, have an old time car phone LOL
    Now that would be funny...

Also if you get poor reception, it looks like the antenna is replaceable , thus you could hookup and amp or just an outside antenna! Duh!

Device(s)
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I wonder if it can do some typical "land line" things like have Forward Busy/No Answer?

Device(s)
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    There is also Caller ID, but according to the User Manual, it will only show the incoming caller's number, not their name....
    that's also kind of a downer, but not necessarily a deal breaker.
    Does it have a built-in contact/directory list, from which it could draw names to associate with (add to) the Caller ID number?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

I'm curious about the alarm part as well, i have a brighthouse digital phone now, and the alarm goes directly into my modem, guess I will have to make some phone calls over the weekend!

Feedback Score

quality?

I am curious to hear what the sounds quality is on Home Phone Connect. Is it like a land line or is there still the delay of a cell phone?

Device(s)
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    It is a cell phone so I would assume the same.

Feedback Score

REN rating

Add up the number of phones (REN) Ringer Equivalence ... and if u keep it under 5 it should work

Link

RJ–11 Interface
    Ringer equivalence number (REN) 5.0
    Dynamic echo cancellation
    PSTN Emulation
    Support Cable/Satellite receivers

Device(s)
    Verizon iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Got mine today.. Hooked it up a few minutes ago.

It's still cell phone quality really, but having a higher quality speaker and mic does help.. but it's not a landline for sure! No way FAX will work.

BTW, it is hooked up to my whole house wiring.. but I was already disconnected from the Verizon NID outside, as we had Comcast Digital Voice connected to the house wiring.

It does work, and saves me $30 a month over Comcast for a home phone that might make 5 calls a week.
    -Sterling

Feedback Score
    I help signed mom and dad up and you don't have to have verizon wireless to get this but you do have to get the 19.99 package if you ain't a vzw customer. This will save alot of money as mom and dad are paying 54 bucks a month. This is going to sale good hopefully. Great job Verizon

Device(s)
    Rival
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    So, now that we know unlimited minutes is only worth $20 a month to Verizon, does that mean I can get unlimited service on my cell phone for only $20 a month, too?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 4 CDMA
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I'm guessing the stationary nature of it is part of the reason for the low price. No roaming to deal with, plus VZW can plan network capacity since they know where you'll be.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spleck View Post
    I'm guessing the stationary nature of it is part of the reason for the low price. No roaming to deal with, plus VZW can plan network capacity since they know where you'll be.
    Who says it has to be stationary?
    I could install it in anything from a bike to an RV and it should work fine... someone explain how If i have 120V @ 1-2amps this would somehow not work?

& yes I can easily put an inverter and 12v battery on my mountain bike
    seriously for those who travel with their RV this could be rather handy just for the fact the unlimited is so cheap.. and yes there could be roaming Though there isn't "much" of that anymore in the USA anyway, less ur in alaska hmmmm

Hopefully i'm not giving people too many ideas lol....

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast