Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Thread: Verizon Home Phone Connect release and information thread

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltA View Post
    A HPC line is just like any Verizon Wireless line. You can port it out, as you can any other. Same cautions too, such as if you are still under contract, porting out will trigger the ETF.
    Thanks!

Not coincidentally, the contract ran out last week...

Device(s)
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score

Question Verizon's Voice Link

Has anyone checked out Verizon's (the landline people) new Voice Link? Their description makes it read very much like VZW's own Home Phone Connect. The only differences I can see, is that with Voice Link, you have to pay all the normal monthly fees that you do with a landline.

Even the Voice Link device looks like a repackaged HPC device; same indicator lights, same square button in the middle.

Last edited by WaltA; 07-22-2013 at 02:15 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I heard about the Voice link in the news when it was being given out to customers as a replacement when Sandy brought down many landlines never to be repaired. Further searches only brought me to more news articles stating the same as the above. Does not seem fair for the price to remain the same especially when wireless does not support many advanced features such as selective call forwarding.

Device(s)
    Droid Charge
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have one of the original HPC with the LEDs on the front. Is the new box any better?

I don't know if it is my unit that is dying or something else. People keep calling and it never rings in my house. The line rings for them though as if the call is going through.

Device(s)
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brennok View Post
    I have one of the original HPC with the LEDs on the front. Is the new box any better?
    The only difference, other than smaller size, is that it supports the optional caller ID name.

Quote Originally Posted by brennok View Post
    I don't know if it is my unit that is dying or something else. People keep calling and it never rings in my house. The line rings for them though as if the call is going through.
    Is your home phone plugged directly into the HPC? Have you tried a different home phone to see if it rings?

Feedback Score
    The sound quality of Home Phone connect was not good. Its like cell phone. In my phone there is no option for update software. I saw many time but i couldn't find anyone can help.

Device(s)
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilsont777 View Post
    The sound quality of Home Phone connect was not good. Its like cell phone..
    I guess to me, it having the sound quality of a cell phone was expected and assumed.

Quote Originally Posted by wilsont777 View Post
    In my phone there is no option for update software. I saw many time but i couldn't find anyone can help.
    Unless there is a software update available thru *228 (does VZW still do that for any phone?), I don't know how a software update for the HPC could even be initiated.

Feedback Score
    I would like to try out Verizon's Home Connect, but don't want a 2 year contract. So what is the best device I should purchase via eBay, Craigslist, etc ? Verizon's web site doesn't give me any make and model info on the hardware.

Device(s)
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstar72 View Post
    I would like to try out Verizon's Home Connect, but don't want a 2 year contract. So what is the best device I should purchase via eBay, Craigslist, etc ? Verizon's web site doesn't give me any make and model info on the hardware.
    The old one is FT2260V. The new one is F256. See the difference up in post 290.

Feedback Score
    Thanks WaltA, very helpful.

Feedback Score

Works well over 2 years, 911 calls work perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by SCTelephoneMan View Post
    Can't wait for reviews of this service. $20 a month for unlimited is a real deal!
    We've had this phone for over 2 years, have taken it with us all over the country, always works fine.

I called our Emergency response director and found that in our county, it is ok to test 911, to make sure since we are in a fringe area, that our calls go to our local 911 team, and it worked perfectly. If not, he would have programed our number in manually. Found out our director also has Verizon home phone at his own home!

More people don't have it because they can't believe it, my opinion.

Device(s)
    Droid Charge
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well it looks like now the battery finally died on my original unit. I never did upgrade the unit. Now I need to decide if it is worth replacing the battery or taking the free upgrade for the two year contract.

Feedback Score

911 is just fine with Home Phone Connect

[QUOTE=sharrygranny;15718326]We've had this phone for over 2 years, have taken it with us all over the country, always works fine.

I called our Emergency response director and found that in our county, it is ok to test 911, to make sure since we are in a fringe area, that our calls go to our local 911 team, and it worked perfectly. If not, he would have programed our number in manually. Found out our director also has Verizon home phone at his own home!

More people don't have it because they can't believe it, my opinion.

Feedback Score
    If you just use it at home, and keep it plugged in, you don't need a battery. I haven't had a battery in mine for a year now, but I'm going to replace it anyway.
    Now my cordless phones are getting old so I may replace them just to upgrade my whole system.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20