Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon Home Phone Connect release and information thread

Feedback Score
    No fax because of EVRC/-B. Fax is supported on standard VoIP with 64k native g.711u used in cable digital phone and telco digital phone (uverse, fios digital phone) since those emulate directly a land-line but runs over IP. This is just a statis cell-phone mean't for voice. Yes you can hook it up to your home wiring but VZW in the marketing materials don't say this because it's a support night-mare. If you have your home's PSTN/home phone loops disconnected from the outside NID (Telco 1/Telco 2 in your customer side NID is disconnected from the land-line ILEC) you can use it and have it active for all the lines in your home.

This is a customized Huawei digital CDMA 1X home phone line. There is a USB port on the back that Verizon says to NEVER for a customer to plug into. If a fellow geek/engineer buys one and plugs their computer into that USB port I believe you can get into the device embedded diagnostics and provisioning... I'd be curious...

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

Verizon Home Phone Connect

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...oneconnect.jsp

Anyone got one yet? I've sold 12 so far! Wondering how you are liking it! Thinking of doing away with my landline (63.-- a month) for this. 19.99 a month is not bad at all!
    [IMG][/IMG]

Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellKrazeDude View Post

Anyone got one yet? I've sold 12 so far! Wondering how you are liking it! Thinking of doing away with my landline (63.-- a month) for this. 19.99 a month is not bad at all!
    Sold a couple already. Very nice device. This will sell exceptionally well for those without broadband or who just on principle want to kick their overpriced landline to the curb.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by willzzz View Post
    This is a customized Huawei digital CDMA 1X home phone line. There is a USB port on the back that Verizon says to NEVER for a customer to plug into. If a fellow geek/engineer buys one and plugs their computer into that USB port I believe you can get into the device embedded diagnostics and provisioning... I'd be curious...
    I was wondering who the manufacturer was.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    If anyone has a Verizon Network Extender, it would be interesting to see if this unit would connect though it, or still has to use the local cell tower.

I will try it out in a day or two see if it works with mine.

Feedback Score
    It's "OK", but not nearly as clear as my digital phone line. It's good enough I can drop my line down to a more basic line for E911 since this unit wont work like that for 911 call's and Alarm system. Our Broadview Alarm wont dial out over this for some reason. It dial's the monitoring station's number but can't transmit any information.

Device(s)
    Note III
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Question: since this is basically a cell phone connection routed to a cordless or corded phone, can a person take it with them on vacation out of state and still have service?

Sent from my D1! But would rather send from a Xoom using Tapatalk!!!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sneakattack View Post
    Question: since this is basically a cell phone connection routed to a cordless or corded phone, can a person take it with them on vacation out of state and still have service?

I would say yes. It just picks up off a cell tower, so yea. I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Device(s)
    iphone 32GB
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I got mine already. Love it!!!

Device(s)
    Note III
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This shows me that cellular voice service is very inexpensive to Verizon if they can offer unlimited for $19.99. Unlimited cellular voice on a cellphone is $69.99, talk about a big a** profit.

Feedback Score

Is this Business lines only?

"Can I add another line for Home Phone Connect if I already have five lines on my account?
    Yes, you can. After six months with good payment history, you may be eligible for up to nine lines without a deposit. You can add a line to a qualified existing share plan or add a new single line with unlimited minutes."

http://wirelesssupport.verizon.com/f...ct.html#item18

If this is for family share plans is it true for other devices/phones or only adding more of these HPC's for 9.99/mo each?

Device(s)
    Too many to list
    Carrier(s)
    VZW,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LTE View Post
    . . . What I don't get is how can this be 19.99 for unlimited Talk, yet a cell phone would be 69.99~ or $60 on vzw prepaid I don't see how it is any diff . . . .

. . . technically I could put it in my car, have an old time car phone LOL
    Now that would be funny . . .
    On the first point, the only difference is that's what they figure they can get out of customers for this product. They are always looking to maximize profit on any product/service.

As to the second point, that's just what I set up for fun last night. Slapped a mag antenna on the roof, ran the line to the trunk where I placed the inverter powered Home Phone device and Panasonic cordless base. Made business calls for the 45 minute drive to friends' house while my wife drove. Worked great!

Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by locust43 View Post
    It's "OK", but not nearly as clear as my digital phone line. It's good enough I can drop my line down to a more basic line for E911 since this unit wont work like that for 911 call's and Alarm system. Our Broadview Alarm wont dial out over this for some reason. It dial's the monitoring station's number but can't transmit any information.
    I am wondering if there is any commands you can add tothe dial string to get it to connect. Say like a #.
    There is a similar, more robust unit that does the same basic thing (and more) from Axesstel. The user manual is here.
    One of the interesting things about the Axesstel unit are some of the customizable commands and the GPS antenna for use with 911 calls. I got a demo unit but have not played with it much. It is authorized by VZW to be on the network, but not for the $19.99 unlimited plan, apparently just "regular" plans.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How portable is it? Can you take it when traveling?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using HowardForums

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellKrazeDude View Post

Threads merged. Please keep all discussion about the device in this one thread.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast