Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Verizon Home Phone Connect release and information thread

Feedback Score
    I can possibly get the alarm system to work if someone gets me the FCC ID on the device. The original OEM Huawei model with the Q chip-set actually even supports fax and data calls to the computer but obviously it was a client engineering customization for their customer, Verizon.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Ordered one yesterday. Should be here tomorrow. This is going to hopefully be a great solution for my situation. We currently have no home phone service and yesterday we had an emergency babysitter stay with our son at our home. The problem was, she had no cellphone and since we have no home phone my wife was freaked out. Using our family share, we come no where near the 1400 minutes we are allotted so we went with the 9.99 service to use our existing plan minutes. Also, there are no broadband options where we live other than satellite or air card. I've got an aircard with speeds around 200KB-500KB fluctuation so VOIP isn't really an option either. Standard 1xRTT signal was hit or miss until the AT&T divesture in my area. I know this sounds silly but I'm not sure if Verizon hopped towers or what but our voice signal is great now. We never drop calls now and before mid Jan this year we would drop calls routinely unless we were right by a window. The Home connect seems to be a perfect fit for us if it works correctly.

Device(s)
    LG EnV Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by locust43 View Post
    Our Broadview Alarm wont dial out over this for some reason. It dial's the monitoring station's number but can't transmit any information.
    I purchased HPC last night and I have a security system from Broadview. I just got off the phone with Broadview and they said the HPC from Verizon IS compatible with the security system. You would just need to plug a phone line from the HPC to a wall-jack (the only way this will work is if you have it disconnected outside. Ours already was due to the fact that we had Comcast phone before, which worked in the same way). I am waiting for my previous home phone # to port (can take up to 10 days for land-line ports), and once it does I'm supposed to call Broadview again from the home phone to test the connection. We'll see if it works!

Device(s)
    Note4
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Incredible y cool : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; ADR6300 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy
    If anyone has a Verizon Network Extender, it would be interesting to see if this unit would connect though it, or still has to use the local cell tower.
    I'm waiting on that info as well. My home reception is craptacular on a good day and worse on stormy days
    I could drop the landline and keep the DSL for the wifi and extender if I get one. I've held off on an extender so far because we rarely make calls from the cell phones. Mostly text and data
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Device(s)
    Droid Charge
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I get pretty good reception at home so I may need to try this. I don't think we use near our full amount of family plan minutes either so no risk there.

I have been tempted to try to figure out a Voip setup or go with something like Ooma or Net Talk Duo, but this may be just what I need. I have never really monitored my home phone usage so no idea how many minutes I would actually use and whether voip would be a pain with my house.

Device(s)
    S8, G5, Samsung Note 4 DE, Note 3, Moto DROID Bionic, DROID RAZR, Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, V9m, VX8000
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T PrePaid (GoPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3spy View Post
    I purchased HPC last night and I have a security system from Broadview. I just got off the phone with Broadview and they said the HPC from Verizon IS compatible with the security system. You would just need to plug a phone line from the HPC to a wall-jack (the only way this will work is if you have it disconnected outside. Ours already was due to the fact that we had Comcast phone before, which worked in the same way). I am waiting for my previous home phone # to port (can take up to 10 days for land-line ports), and once it does I'm supposed to call Broadview again from the home phone to test the connection. We'll see if it works!
    Why did you drop Comcast Digital Voice that uses higher-quality VoIP for the Verizon Home Connect that uses cellular? If it was for the monthly price difference, there's no guarantee that 6 or 12 months down the road Verizon couldn't increase the price of the service.
    =>Why did I leave Verizon Wireless after 18 years? Find out here: Leaving Verizon after 18 years!

=> Read my reviews for the Motorola DROID MAXX, DROID Ultra, and DROID Mini.

=> VX8000 at Disney World:Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4.

Feedback Score

Home Connect

I'm seriously considering ordering one of these nifty gadgets. Anyhow I was wondering if anyone had a Home Connect. It appears $19.99 for unlimited.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...oneconnect.jsp

Will this get M2M with my other VZW phones? I assume this will work with a fax machine as well as a phone???? I know it says the $9.99 plan works with m2m but it doesn't say for the $19.99 plan which is the one I would most likely need since I'm still on an Alltel plan. Just FYI, $19.99 for unlimited calling in the US is cheaper than a land line plus long distance in this town.

I was thinking about replacing a land line with a cell phone but this might be a better option.

Carrier(s)
    Vrizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Counts as a mobile for m2m billing purposes. Will not work with a fax.

Sent via the HowardForums Android app

Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    One thing to not worry about is a forced mid-contract rate plan change. Once you sign a contract for a particular rate plan, you are grandfathered in with that plan. It would be a "materially adverse" consequence if they were to unilaterally remove the rate plan you signed up for, and grounds for no-penalty contract termination. Not to mention that it would stir up a ****storm of protest and get swarms of class action lawyers licking their chops.

Device(s)
    LG EnV Touch
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FAUguy View Post
    Why did you drop Comcast Digital Voice that uses higher-quality VoIP for the Verizon Home Connect that uses cellular? If it was for the monthly price difference, there's no guarantee that 6 or 12 months down the road Verizon couldn't increase the price of the service.
    Mainly because I don't necessarily care about quality. The only reason I have a home phone is because I need one for my security system. We rarely make or receive calls on our home phone (maybe 2 a month), so I was looking for the price savings. Also, unlike Comcast, Verizon won't increase my service price in the middle of a contract. Just like with cell phones, I get to keep my price until I change it. The plan I have for my cell phones through Verizon doesn't exist anymore because I've been with them so long, but they can't take it away from me.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Is it portable?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using HowardForums

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    MOT Droid Mini,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Do employee discounts apply on the $19.99/month plan? Since its under $34.95/month, I would guess not. But is it a full voice plan, not an add-on line.

Device(s)
    Motorola V860
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3spy View Post
    Mainly because I don't necessarily care about quality. The only reason I have a home phone is because I need one for my security system. We rarely make or receive calls on our home phone (maybe 2 a month), so I was looking for the price savings. Also, unlike Comcast, Verizon won't increase my service price in the middle of a contract. Just like with cell phones, I get to keep my price until I change it. The plan I have for my cell phones through Verizon doesn't exist anymore because I've been with them so long, but they can't take it away from me.
    Ask your alarm company about wireless monitoring. If you elect to go that route than you can drop Comcast Phone service all together.

Device(s)
    Treo 755p
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flash007 View Post
    I'm seriously considering ordering one of these nifty gadgets. Anyhow I was wondering if anyone had a Home Connect. It appears $19.99 for unlimited.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...oneconnect.jsp

Will this get M2M with my other VZW phones? I assume this will work with a fax machine as well as a phone???? I know it says the $9.99 plan works with m2m but it doesn't say for the $19.99 plan which is the one I would most likely need since I'm still on an Alltel plan. Just FYI, $19.99 for unlimited calling in the US is cheaper than a land line plus long distance in this town.

I was thinking about replacing a land line with a cell phone but this might be a better option.
    Okay heres a quick rundown.

Home Phone Connect $19.99 plan is Unlimited local and long distance calling using your current home telephone (the actual phone). It runs off of VZW's network, so it uses the cellular towers.

It is portable, so if you have an RV, summer/winter home, traveling for a long period of time, it will work! You CAN Port your current home phone # to your Home Phone Connect and that number will stay with the device ANY where you go. Its a pretty sweet option!

The $9.99 option will take from your current plan's min. Its basically like adding a line of service. I highly recommend the $19.99 option, as its STILL far cheaper than normal home phone service.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast