Thread: Facebook won't upload mobile photos anymore??!?!?

Phones
    iPhone 3GS
    8525/TyTn
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Facebook won't upload mobile photos anymore??!?!?

wtf is going on, the past week myself and anyone I know with an iphone cannot upload mobile photo's anymore, it goes to upload (the normal blue line) and then the line just disappears. I've re-downloaded the app multiple times, does nothing.

Phones
    iPhone 3GS
    8525/TyTn
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Can't upload mobile photos

Posted this last month but got no responses. Nobody else is having this issue? For about a month now I still can't upload mobile photos, re-downloaded Facebook a couple times, didn't do anything.

When I go to upload a photo it the blue line thing goes full as if it were loading like before, but nothing happens.

Carrier
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    This happened to me as well but was fixed when I deleted and re downloaded the fb app. After you reinstalled it did it ask you for your password?

Carrier
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Very known issue. Just go to iPhone forum on facebook, see how many posts are on the wall of the group.

Phones
    iPhone 3GS
    8525/TyTn
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Yup when re-downloaded asked for my info like normal.... what I don't get is it's been a month like this, yet my friends have no trouble, even had a buddy delete his and re-download and his uploads fine. Wtf?!? that makes no sense, my sister just uploaded some mobile photos to FB and another friend did which is what reminded me of this issue I'm having.

How can it be affecting some and not others, the app software is exactly the same for all... ?

Phones
    iPhone 3GS
    8525/TyTn
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Just tried again after taking some mobile photo's, nope, wtf ?!?!?

Re downloaded Facebook.. again, still nothing. All it does is the loading image sign zips blue like it normally does wh uploading an image, but then thats it, it just stays right there instead of uploading. This is ridiculous, months now and I still can't upload photos, now I'm getting pissed.

Phone
    6 in Space
    Feedback Score
    Check your privacy settings on facebook itself. I had a similar problem that started back when they changed their privacy settings ... as it turned out the settings for the facebook app were preventing the photos to be uploaded. You need to make sure that app has full access to your facebook account otherwise it won't work right.
    Sit vis vobiscum.

Phones
    iPhone 3GS
    8525/TyTn
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ILuvMyMac View Post
    Check your privacy settings on facebook itself. I had a similar problem that started back when they changed their privacy settings ... as it turned out the settings for the facebook app were preventing the photos to be uploaded. You need to make sure that app has full access to your facebook account otherwise it won't work right.
    I've checked the privacy/account settings before and their fine... here's the other thing, anytime I try uploading a photo I have to delete the facebook app and reinstall again b/c after you close it... when you try opening it again it just starts loading up then disappears from the screen.

What settings should I look at, as they all appear fine to me?

Phone
    6 in Space
    Feedback Score
    I checked my privacy settings and the iphone app access no longer appears in my app list to control. If you have it in your list, try deleting it and see what happens. The worst that will happen is that your phone will ask permission next time it connects.

Phones
    iPhone 3GS
    8525/TyTn
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Well 6 months later, I still can't upload mobile photos on the iPhone... WTF?!?! Apparently I'm not the only one as searching online and chatting with others that have the same issue. Settings are fine, deleting and reinstalling app doesn't do anything, resetting iphone and reinstalling facebook... still doesn't work.

This is ridiculous.

Phones
    Lumia 900
    Galaxy Note II
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Facebook released an update tonight that is supposed to fix this. Did anyone try it?

Phones
    iPhone 3GS
    8525/TyTn
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cauchon View Post
    Facebook released an update tonight that is supposed to fix this. Did anyone try it?
    Well I reinstalled Facebook again and still can't upload mobile photos. Chatted with others who said the same issue their having, I mean after 6 months it's still not fixed??? And somehow others can upload fine, I even compared my settings to a friends and their exactly the same, but mine won't upload mobile photos. Another friends iPhone won't either. Doesn't make any f'n sense.