Thread: Anyone get any deals for switching to Verizon?

Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score

Anyone get any deals for switching to Verizon?

Just wondering if Verizon ever gives plan discounts, other than employees discounts, just for switching from another carrier to Verizon? I like Verizon, and the iPhone, but they are just so darn expensive! If I had known about the $20 discount on data plans they had last month I would have switched in a heartbeat!

Phones
    Samsung U430 (fully functioinal bluetooth)
    Moto Droid as an accessory
    LG VX8350 (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Never heard of that one--but promos are going on regularly. Check this forum for the $69.99 thread and just check in regularly to see what's going on.

Phone
    Incredible
    Carrier
    Assimilated on Aug 7 1993
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Incredible y cool : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; ADR6300 Build/FRF91) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I got a flyer from nTelos the other day stating they'd buy out my contract for all 5 lines, free secondary lines for a year and unlimited everything on the main line for "$10 less per month than Verizon and ATTs unlimited". If I wasn't unemployed (can't use VEC as employer) I'd be on nTelos now
    the United States is the land of the FREE because of the BRAVE!! Thank You to all who serve or have served and their families in the United States armed services!! Your sacrifices are NOT in vain may God continue to bless America
    For God so loves YOU, He gave His only Son....John 3:16

Phone
    A lot of them....
    Feedback Score
    I moved 4 lines to Verizon today. They gave me a one time $50 credit on each line and 35% off accessories. I got 3 iphones and I ended up getting the LG Vortex android phone for my grandson free. I was happy with that...

Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I am watching the $69.99 thread. So mad I missed that deal! I'm not to concerned with the price of the phones because I'll be getting my taxes soon, I'm worried about the monthly costs. My Sprint bill is killing me so I was contemplating switching to Virgin but would rather have Verizon if I can get it cheaper.

Sent from my Unknown iPod using HowardForums

Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The promise of great service nationwide

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using HowardForums

Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jenna8110 View Post
    I am watching the $69.99 thread. So mad I missed that deal! I'm not to concerned with the price of the phones because I'll be getting my taxes soon, I'm worried about the monthly costs. My Sprint bill is killing me so I was contemplating switching to Virgin but would rather have Verizon if I can get it cheaper.

Sent from my Unknown iPod using HowardForums
    It depends on where you live for what type of deals they have going on. Call 877-873-3278 and talk to them and see about any promotions or deals going on and tell them you would be switching from Sprint.
    v Speed Test with my Motorola Droid in AL. Droid Does (and so Does Verizon).

Speed Test with my Motorola Droid in Birmingham, AL. Droid Does (and so Does Verizon).^

Speed Test with DSL internet with AT&T(Bellsouth). Horrible.

Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CellKrazeDude View Post
    It depends on where you live for what type of deals they have going on. Call 877-873-3278 and talk to them and see about any promotions or deals going on and tell them you would be switching from Sprint.
    I will try them thanks. I was also waiting to hear back from applying at Home Depot.

Carrier
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Verizon generally does not offer many good deals switching from another carrier. Verizon has the network which Sprint does not have.

Sent from my Unknown iPhone using HowardForums

Carrier
    All of them.
    Feedback Score
    If you signed up recently or are planning to sign up I can 'refer' you and you will get a $25 prepaid credit card. Just let me know.
    Home ISP, RR-Ultimate WiFi, $90/mo | Verizon 4G, $30/mo Unlimited

School, $5,000/semester | Work

Phone
    iPhone 4S
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Verizon isn't Sprint when it comes to giving away the store to get/keep customers (although I understand that Sprint has been trying to reign in that practice some recently).

Certainly on business and high ARPU multiple-line accounts, they can offer some incentives, but for most consumer accounts they feel that the prices they charge are appropriate for the overall value received.

Bottom line is that if your Sprint bill is killing you, VZW probably isn't the carrier for you or your wallet. Your best bet if you're out-of-contract may be to see if Sprint retentions can offer you a bit of a discount to stay.

Phones
    Tour
    EVO 4G
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Actually the Sprint forums has be up in arms because Sprint is No Longer the Welfare Office of Wireless....Since Sprint is actually adding subs a pretty good clip now and its churn is coming down (excluding Nextel refugees because its a dying network)...they no longer feel the need to play to people's fake threats of leaving....

Maybe T-MO is willing to play Welfare Wireless now since they've pretty much replaced Sprint of Old.

Carrier
    I <3 Verizon!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lennyj17 View Post
    Actually the Sprint forums has be up in arms because Sprint is No Longer the Welfare Office of Wireless....Since Sprint is actually adding subs a pretty good clip now and its churn is coming down (excluding Nextel refugees because its a dying network)...they no longer feel the need to play to people's fake threats of leaving....

Maybe T-MO is willing to play Welfare Wireless now since they've pretty much replaced Sprint of Old.
    But now they raised their rates by $10. They are now the same price monthly as T-Mo. There is no way that won't hurt them. It is still a baffling move to me considering they have the best rates around in prepaid.

Phones
    Motorola V860 barrage
    Casio Ravine. retired
    iphone 5 verizon
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I was shopping for a family plan with the 5 lines.

Verizon 2000 minutes family plan with 5 lines. $130
    AT&T 2100 minutes family plan with 5 lines. $140

Verizon 2000 minutes/ unlimited text. 5 lines. $160
    AT&T 2100 minutes/unlimited text. 5 lines. $170

so Verizon Wireless is better deal and $10 cheaper than AT&T.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by moto94536 View Post
    I was shopping for a family plan with the 5 lines.

Verizon 2000 minutes family plan with 5 lines. $130
    AT&T 2100 minutes family plan with 5 lines. $140

Verizon 2000 minutes/ unlimited text. 5 lines. $160
    AT&T 2100 minutes/unlimited text. 5 lines. $170

so Verizon Wireless is better deal and $10 cheaper than AT&T.
    If you get a google voice # you don't need that many minutes.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using HowardForums app