Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unlock Straight Talk Nokia E71?

Feedback Score

Unlock Straight Talk Nokia E71?

I was wondering if its even possible to unlock the nokia e71 from straight talk and once unlock would it work with tmobile? The idea would be to use it just as a regular phone and picture text, no internet. Is this even feasible?

Phones
    Nokia E71
    HTC Inspire 4G
    Samsung Infuse 4G
    Carrier
    Straight Talk
    Feedback Score
    It may be possible by reflashing, but it would probably be more trouble than it's worth for a phone that old. Tmobile uses different 3g frequencies than at&t does(which is what a Nokia e71 uses).

Edit....I just realized this thread was started in Febraury. Gotta love it when people bring these things back to life back to life.....lol.

sent from my Straight Talk Samsung Infuse 4G using the Howard Forums app
    For instructions on using Androids with Straight Talk don't PM me....I don't usually answer....click here!
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...stop-asking%29

Phone
    Android
    Carriers
    -T--Mobile USA|Get More
    Feedback Score
    OP, Have you looked into the T-Mobile e73 mode? It has 3G on T-Mobile and they go cheap on eBay

Sent from my HTC Incredible S

Carriers
    AT&T mobile share
    T-mobile prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Can one of those SIM unlockers that are slipped between the SIM card and the phone SIM contacts be used in the E71 to use a non-ST SIM card?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by randamin View Post
    Can one of those SIM unlockers that are slipped between the SIM card and the phone SIM contacts be used in the E71 to use a non-ST SIM card?
    no, straight talk nokia e71 will not take another carriers sim card. the phone is locked to straight talk. only the sim card is unlocked and can be used in a different phone other than straight talk.

Feedback Score
    Straight Talk sent me Nokia E71-2 for the second time. I've lost my patience with their incompetence. The only carrier that works in my rural area is Verizon. Can this phone be unlocked so it will work on CDMA?

Feedback Score
    Mod note: Just because a forum has no assigned mod, doesn't mean that we aren't monitoring it. Going forward how about we be a bit more civil toward each other, yes? If you feel a question or reponse is inane or violates the rules, or if a post is an obvious spam post, simply report the offending post as necessary and move on. We'll handle it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tearsonurcheek View Post
    Mod note: Just because a forum has no assigned mod, doesn't mean that we aren't monitoring it. Going forward how about we be a bit more civil toward each other, yes? If you feel a question or reponse is inane or violates the rules, or if a post is an obvious spam post, simply report the offending post as necessary and move on. We'll handle it.
    Thank you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bearsplus1 View Post
    Straight Talk sent me Nokia E71-2 for the second time. I've lost my patience with their incompetence. The only carrier that works in my rural area is Verizon. Can this phone be unlocked so it will work on CDMA?
    No. ST (Straighttalk) has horrible customer service. Try searching for the Miami CS (Customer Service) number. I've heard good things about those guys or try their facebook support system.

Carrier
    Tmobile / Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 2bearsplus1 View Post
    Can a diesel car run on petrol? There is your answer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aka414 View Post
    Exactly. Or cram a 9 volt battery in instead of 2 AA's, hah. Why won't my straight talk phone work on Satellite Phone service tho, I seriously thought they could just beam a signal to it from space. That's how they turned my microwave into a toaster.

Carrier
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aka414 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by getyup View Post
    Exactly. Or cram a 9 volt battery in instead of 2 AA's, hah. Why won't my straight talk phone work on Satellite Phone service tho, I seriously thought they could just beam a signal to it from space. That's how they turned my microwave into a toaster.
    Are both of you not good at reading? Not only was the answer already provided (in a much more helpful manner than either of you two managed to muster), but there is also this just a few posts above:

Quote Originally Posted by tearsonurcheek View Post
    Did that not make sense or something?

Why does it seem like there are several people spending time here lately who are simply unable to treat anyone else with respect? Smart-*** answers aren't required, smart-*** comments aren't needed. If you can't help or add value to a thread, don't bother posting.

Become a Premium Member
    Want to use a referral link in your signature, support the forums by becoming a Premium Member!
    Have you read the forum rules lately?
    If you have a problem with a post for any reason, please report it rather than responding to it, and a moderator will be along shortly.

Phones
    Droid X
    Motorola Droid X
    Apple iPhone 3GS 8GB
    Carriers
    Page Plus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Unlocking the E71 from straight talk is possible but usually not worth the effort. The device firmware and the carrier radio lock are different parts of the phone. The suggestion of flashing the firmware, as previously suggested, will not allow 3rd party sims. You need to bring it to someone who has or purchase a specific hardware unlock device to do this. Unfortunately, it is a strong encryption level and it's usually hard to find someone with the right device, and buying one is cost prohibitive.

Feedback Score
    Thank you. That is what I've been reading also, it just takes a long time to tell if the websites are full of bull or being truthful. I live in a small mostly German Village. It's not unusual to see a man wearing a Highlander Hat and Leiderhosen! People are honest and some things are done on a handshake. I'm just frustrated with Straight Talk's Customer Service. They have been telling me for 4 weeks that they are sending me a working phone within 5-7 days. And all they do is make mistakes. The Company is not trustworthy of their Customers to send the phone until they get the old one back. This is unlike Verizon and Asurian Insurance. The process wastes a lot of time. I [B][U]NEED[B][U] a phone. I've been laid up since Nov. 9 because of a Hammertoe surgery on my big toe. I've had three surgeries on it. They put screws and staples in it originally, nothing but swelling and infection. Removed my toenail because of infection under it. My system rejected the hardware. When they opened it up 10 days ago they discovered the bone had shattered. All the while setting in my recliner with my foot propped up on two pillows since Nov. I live alone, no working phone thanks to Straight Talk. Having to set up arrangements via email to take the Senior Citizens Bus to Hospitals and Doctor Appointments etc... It's been a ***** of a winter! Finally got an email response from BBB. Straight Talk lied to them and told them I had a working handset. Responded by sending copies of emails, and messages from Facebook as proof. Been working with one person on Straight Talks Facebook's page that is helpful. And then some other azzhole screws it up again. the best rule of thumb...NEVER BUY A STRAIGHT TALK PHONE ON-LINE, JUST GO TO WALL-MART AND BUY ONE! I thank God that I'm feeling better now.

Feedback Score
    I'm not sure of your exact problem,but this is what happened to me. I order the e-71 refurbished off straight talks site. It arrived looked good, functioned perfectly and had everything in box. I go to activate and get to where you put sim in and it resets to a blank box like i never typed anything in. Called them, and after 30 minutes they said there was some system error and to give it 24 hours to clear. Call back next day, and after 3 people I get a rude supervisor (i never asked for one) who tell me it my phone and I need to send it back to them to get another. I was also told They wont process new phone until old one is returned and processed, up to 3 weeks!!!! Its obvious there was a problem with their system or the sim but not the phone itself and I refused to believe that, and after doing some online research came across their facebook site. Filled out the online support thing, and within an hour had a response asking for some more info. A few minutes later, I was told that the phone was activated and everything was all good. Tested and haven't had a problem since.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast